“Expensive services - Delicious food” 4 of 5 stars

Le Meridien Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Queen Noor Street, Shmeisani, Amman 11195, Jordan   |
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Amman
Tehran, Iran
“Expensive services - Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

A top average hotel with very expensive services such as breakfasr and internet, old furniture, very big rooms and also good restaurants (specially Al mukhtar).
A ussful tip: internet connection cost is ubnormally high in Amman hotels. I recommend you to purchase a 3G enabled simcard with resonable tariff in Amman Airport, instead. Actually with price of 1 night internet in Le Meridien hotel, l bought a simcard with 1Gbytes internet, 3000 minutes local call ...

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Khalid_Rahmeh, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Hossein N
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Le Meridien. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us providing the maximum satisfaction to our guests.

Your comments have been forwarded to the relevant departments for action of improvement to be taken

We are happy to read that you enjoyed our restaurants, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and delighted of being of service to you.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have stayed lately in Le Meridien Amman Hotel and the stay was a lovely one. Room service and housekeeping teams were excellent. The receptionists and operators were ok, not very bothered to help probably because of Ramadan where they are tired. The spa team was excellent and very attentive. The indoor pool is being renovated at the moment in Ramadan. The outdoor is nice and fresh! The noise from other rooms is very bad as it feels that you hear everything coming from other rooms even naughty business :)

I have to say that the hotel looks good but the rooms need upgrading knowing that the doors look old and some of the furniture needs changing.

In general it is a good hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay in new tower and take a high floor room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has good interiors.. Room was clean & food was good.. Service wasn't! Staff were a bit unfriendly as it was a busy season I guess. On check out I had to wait for 10 mins listening to an internal staff argument!! Totally unprofessional..

• Stayed September 2012
Khalid_Rahmeh, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the time in reviewing your stay at Le Meridien Amman

Your comments have been forwarded to the team for action of improvement to be taken

We hope you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit to Jordan.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed 9 night in Amman, the first 7 were in Grand Hayatt Amman (which was good) and the last 2 in Le Meridien and that was hell of an experience.
I don't know where shall I start from..
We checked-in, took the cards and left the hotel straight away because we were invited for dinner elsewhere. We came back and surprisingly our cards didn't work, we asked the front desk to change the cards and the big surprise is that they accommodated someone else in our room!!

We stayed in a Classic Double bedroom. Rooms are HORRIBLE. Very depressing ambiance.
Bed mattress is uncomfortable and from the first night i got allergy.
Bed-side table is dusty
Kettle in the room is very dirty, so basically you have to wipe the tables, wash the kettle and cups and do all the cleaning yourself.
I did the booking for double occupancy but the room is equipped for single occupancy. So there's one slipper, towel, toiletries...all for one. So we had to call the housekeeping and ask for more towels and toiletries. It took AGES for them to respond. I had to call them 3 times to remind them that i'm still waiting for the towels. It took around 50 minutes!!!!
Bed sheets, bathrobe and towels are worn out!!
Mini bar is dirty.
Had worst experience with the shower there was no hot water, and the handles could easily come off in your hands.
You have to pay for Wi-Fi
There was noise outside the hotel, and the view is unpleasant.
Rooms stinks and smells of smoking
Check your bill at checkout because they charge your bill with extra money for donation without permission.

I don't know how this hotel won the 'trip advisor" award, Did they pay to get the award??? I don't think i will trust trip advisor" choices again.
I couldn't wait to leave the hotel!!! I will never recommend it to friends/ relatives!!

In simple words..BAD MANAGEMENT= BAD HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: I have one tip; Don't choose this hotel!!!! Go for Four season or Grand Hayat
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Khalid_Rahmeh, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Your feedback is of utmost importance to us and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem.

We regret to read of your experience with us, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We are sincerely sorry that your visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel.

May I ask you to please provide me your email address or telephone number in order to meet you personally and provide you with a formal apologies. Kindly send your contact details directly to this email address :
khalid.rahmeh@lemeridien.com

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Le Meridien during travel for work and indeed part of our conference was held at the hotel. I didn't work closely with the Events department but I know from my colleagues that they were very accommodating to all our even last-minute requests (well, maybe apart from raising the temperature in the conference room - it was blasting freezing air for a day!)

The hotel itself is very nice - large, with a comfortable lobby. The hotel is perhaps slightly too large and the distances between different parts are considerable (and I don't quite understand why the fitness center/spa is so hard to get to?) The rooms were very clean, spacious, and well laid out. I loved the comfort of the king-sized bed, and the room was quite quiet even though I was not far from the elevator. Staff at the front desk and the breakfast buffet were very considerate and helpful even if their English was not always quite up to par.

The only problem with this hotel - as with the Marriott - is it's less than central location. To go to the vibrant Rainbow street is about 20-30 minutes in a cab.

The spa which I visited was ok - nothing special, although I did get a very nice full-body massage in a spa package which was reasonably priced. I found it a bit confusing how there were no signs/instructions in the spa on where to go, and the whole area is a bit too dark to be very relaxing. The indoor pool was nice and practically empty every morning I went (around 7 AM) - the water was slightly warmish but clean.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the front of the hotel - it was quiet, nothing special.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your pleasurable stay at Le Meridien Amman
We are pleased that both our service and accommodation were satisfactory.

In terms of our location, we are based in the center of Amman where you can find a variety of location in walking distances, depending on the traffic or the road taken it differs in the time and distance to get to the location required as for our Health Center and Spa we're happy to hear that you found it exquisite, the spa has might be a bit dark to create the perfect atmosphere.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and delighted of being of service to you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I stayed there for 2 nights. Building is a bit old but the interior is up to the standards. Food is excellent, rooms are spacious and well maintained and staff are very friendly. We stayed in a Deluxe room, a newly rennovated section of the hotel but the path from the room to the pool is a bit problematic as it passes through the reception area and the lobby. An alternative way in getting to the pool must be sought. Other than that I highly recommend it.
Simon Arbid

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

We are glad to have met your expectations during your stay,
Your comments regarding the service and the overall stay are highly appreciated,

In regards to your comment about an alternative entrance to the pool, there's a staircase that takes you directly to the pool at the north tower, unless you were staying at the south you can also use the elevator to directly get to the SPA

Houston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Enjoyable week's stay. Staff generally helpful, especially appreciated getting a room early as I arrived on an early morning flight. Was taken to Club Room while room prepared.
I ate in the Lebanese Restaurant twice, excellent food and very friendly service. Ate one in Steak Restaurant, again food very good, service a bit off: had to go looking for someone to serve me another glass of wine. Ate once at the Chinese restaurant: very disappointing, food mediocre, service not good (perhaps because [unusually] the waiter's English wasn't up to standard. Everything else was very good apart from not being able to get the information of where I could attend Catholic Church...not the first Catholic staying ever I imagine! Minibar prices over the top but that's par for the course and there is a little store directly across fro the entrance which is priced more normally.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Le Meridien Amman? Share your experiences!