“Better than the Crowne Plaza” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Amman

You added Holiday Inn Amman to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Amman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Madina Al Munawarah St | PO Box 941825, Amman 11194, Jordan   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #48 of 116 Hotels in Amman
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Better than the Crowne Plaza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Of the three IHG hotels in Amman, the Holiday Inn rates better than the Crowne Plaza.

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to one of the executive floor rooms, which was fairly average, the good point though was free internet, very useful considering that whilst on business I practically live online.

The first two mornings, the breakfast was about above average, however on my last morning (a Friday) I arrived downstairs to find what could easily have been an aftermath of a plague of locusts, barely crumbs left on the buffet, and I managed to take the last drops from a juice container that was not topped up during the 15 minutes I spend there after fortunately at least having a freshly made omelet.

It did appear there were too few staff for the number of guests (99% of them Chinese who were here for some Chinese exhibition). I ended up going back to my room for a cup of tea as none of the waiter staff were available.

Which brings me to the in room facilities, I have never seen such a short cable on any electrical equipment ever!

The AC is a bit noisy, however it was cool enough in the evening to sleep with it switched off.

The bar is expensive, 17JD for two Gin and Tonics!

WiFi is erratic too, just as well it was free, I had to frequently re-sign on with my iPhone in the middle of using iMessage when texting.

Staff are friendly enough, especially the reception staff and in the coffee shop.

As with anywhere in Jordan, too many people smoke, it is difficult to escape the smell, and all clothes require laundering on my return home.

Room Tip: Being a Priority Club member might be useful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Overall, this hotel is great (rooms, facilities, food and service). Arrangements for business meetings and small conferences are really excellent. The main problem I always have with this hotel is that you have to stop breathing as soon as you step in... people are smooking everywhere in the looby, bars, restaurants, rooms, everywhere. Complained about this a couple of times to hotel management but nothing was done.. Would they be targetting smookers as a priortity customers? Worst scenario was at the health club, as i walked out of the gym and sauna etc., the guy in charge was actually smooking right at the counter of the club! No further comments..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear R S,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the room accommodations, facilities and food served during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We certainly understand the discomfort brought about by the unusual smell. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department for monitoring and improvement. We always welcome opportunity to improve. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here three nights July 2012. I have to say I was satisfied with all aspects of the service and accommodation and have no complaints.

The hotel itself is modern and bright. I checked in immediately and had no problems. I found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful. I asked for a non-smoking room on a quiet floor and they were happy to oblige. The room itself was big and bright – very clean and well appointed. It contained two queen sixe beds. The bed was clean and comfortable and I slept really well all three nights. The bathroom was spacious and clean – no cracks in the tiles or mould that is so common in hotels all over the world.

The room WIFI is maybe a bit expensive at JD 10 per day although I have pad more elsewhere.
The restaurant is Ok – nothing special but on a par with similar hotels around the world. I thought the breakfast buffet was great. There was a wide selection of different breads and pastries, cerials, meats, cheese, fruit etc. The coffee was great.

I ordered a couple of room service meals and found them to be great. The portion sizes were very large and all the food was well prepared. The waiters were all very polite and efficient.
Check out at 03.00am was fast and efficient – no problem. The bill was right first time and the overall cost very competitive. In my opinion the cost is good value for the standard of accommodation.

The hotel also features a really interesting gift shop and there is a barber shop.

Overall I rate this hotel highly. I have stayed in better but more often I have stayed in worse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Especially thanks for Sarah one of the guest relation officer at the Holiday Inn Amman - Jordan by assisting me to get cake surprised for my brother, as special occasion my brother choose Holiday Inn Amman Jordan to celebrate his birthday.

i was called even last minute and she is very kind and helpful - keep it up good work Sarah... again thanks for your good effort ! and for your information my brother was surprised and he was little bit wondering and he told to the waiter who send the cake that he did not order any cake but the staff said that the cake is for him .....

it was really surprised for my brother and he SMS me by midnight and i told him that i am the one who arranged with Sarah ..... my brother said that its nice cake and made him smile !! thanks Sarah -- Regards Alius Perdana

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Karachi, Pakistán
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It is a very nice hotel. I have stayed in it twice and have been very satisfied with the quality of the rooms, restaurant and service. The restaurant changes the buffet menu regularly, which is important if you stay in a hotel for more than a couple of days. Although the hotel is a little far from downtown, it is fairly well connected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

It was a great Hotel one of the Best Hotel I have stayed at.
Reception Staff was very Helpfull
Room was really clean and comfortable. The bed was great and really comfortable.

I had a problem bout the minnebar in my room I got charged stuff the I didn't eat. Maybe the HK grew ate it lol but its fine it was only 30JD it's ok.

I also had a problem at the bar the charged me over 300JD for damn beers??? What the Hell was that I called the manager at the bar and the people in charge and they said they can't do nothing and them they told me to leave. I mean WOW how would u kick your customer out ??

But just a big hint plz everyone Becarefull don't get ripped off at the Bar and the Hotel Taxi. He makes you tip him hahah.

• Stayed March 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Amman, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear danny s,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your room accommodations and our facilities. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff at the bar may have caused. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Aschaffenburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Friends,
I stayed already two times in this Hotel.

The Hotel staff is very friendly. The rooms are OK. Breakfast is very big and provides
for every taste something. Hotel Restaurant, Lobby Cafe, small gift shop where you
can buy also essentials and some other shops are located on the ground floor.
There is a second bar/restaurant/bistro at the second floor with Disco in the evening.
I never heard the Disco in my room. It is a quite calm place to stay.

Negative aspects are the prices, location, the old style of the rooms and it could be a bit
more cleaner. There are always Taxi outsite.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Amman? Share your experiences!