“Great location and nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Amman Pasha Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Amman Pasha Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Al Shabsough Street | Amman Downtown, Amman 11181, Jordan   |
Offers & Announcements
stay 3 nights get 1 free
Ranked #7 of 115 hotels in Amman
Miami, FL
“Great location and nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

No complaints here at all about this hotel:

Staff - Everyone was very nice and helpful. They have a driver on site for well priced airport pick ups/drop offs, tours, and getting around. They can arrange everything and they can do it price conscientiously.

Location - Great base for exploring the city center of Amman. Across from the Roman Theater, right in the middle of city center. 12-15 minute walk to Rainbow St.

Restaurant/Bar - They serve local food and western food (although the pizza wasn't great, it was still a nice treat after feasting on kebabs and hummus for a week)

Rooms - The only thing keeping this place from a 5 star. Not bad, but more of a hostel than a hotel. Our room had two single beds and a bunk bed and was a bit funky. But, for the price, you cannot complain. That said, the shower head would not stay on and their was no toilet pressure so we had to flush 5 times everytime we used it.

Overall - Good hotel for the budget. Amman surprised me and this hotel was part of us being able to explore the city the way we did.

Room Tip: Don't stay too high up as there is one small elevator. You are encouraged to take the stairs.

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The hotel is very centrally located, the staff are exceptional, the food is excellent and the room very comfortable. Anything that needs to be organised will be with open arms. Highly recommended and I know I will only stay here when and if I return to Amman.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Carima
It was real pleasure meeting you the very first person we have at hotel who origin is from Matla,.and made Australia ,your new home.
I noticed that you are a senior contributor on Tripadvisor for which I congratulate you.
On this occasion for taking interest in the world best travel forum
Sadly mention that dozens of people who stayed at my hotel and promised to put a review.
(some of which sent me copy of their review but the review never made to be published).
being a first time a genuine reviewer it is a miracle to have the review pass the scrutiny of tripadvisor management.
I have been told this practice is discouraging to others who contemplate posting a review.
I wish tripadvisor team is more considerate when dealing/checking with genuine reviews.
I am glad I have a chance to vent my frustration on this occasion.
I got a bit carried away from subject.
I want to thank Carima for wonderful candid review.
I hope you have great time in Petra and see you tomorrow inshallah.
Welcome back to your home in Amman
Amman Pasha Hotel
Bredene, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Maybe this hotel is more a hostel than a hotel. Our room was very spacious, but I didn't had the feeling everything was as clean as I wanted. We had a room at the first floor and it was pretty noisy. The hotel is situated at a very busy street, so we had problems to find a good place to park our car. We stayed in other hotels in Jordan (same price range) that were much better.

Altough I didn't like "the facilities", the atmosphere there is nice.

On the roof top there's a nice view on the theater and the hotel is located perfect to visit the citadel hill.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Have not stayed there for 10 years. Still has it's charm, but slightly faded. Friendly staff and feels safe. Have steak dinner at the cigar bar.library and you will not be disappointed.charming lounge and happy hour make a drink or two reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dependable quality”

I am so glad to hear they you stayed at hotel in the past.I heard it used to be the best hotel in downtown.Actually it went down hill when the owner died.
I bought the hotel from the court of bankruptcy just over 3 years ago.We try to add to charm that it had.It is the only classified hotel in the area.all others are not classified just hostel and guest house.We spent millions of improvement and updating to have it classified
Thanks for recommending the bar to others.
Raymond and crew
A big thank you for giving us the thumb up and how to see you again in future.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Absolutely the best! Raymond and the staff are #1!
You all made our stay in Amman very special. Service was excellent, tours and drivers were great.
Staff were always very helpful. We highly recommend The Amman Pasha Hotel

Room Tip: The view if the amphitheater is great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
I feel humbled with your kind words.
our hotel is like your home in Amman.we make you feel at ease and comfortable.
It has been our pleasure having you at our hotel and hope to see you again in future.
Thank you for recommending out hotel and for giving us the thumb up
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We enjoyed our two nights in the Amman Pasha. The staff was great, the rooms were clean, and the breakfast was adequate. This is a basic level hotel, which reminded us of the austerity of the late Soviet period - an old building worn around the edges. They didn't make up our room, but we were ok with that. There was no hair dryer or the usual soap/shampoo things.

What we loved best was the location. The Roman theatre is just across the street and the Citadel is up the hill behind the hotel. We enjoyed wandering the streets around the hotel. The gold market, the pigeon market, and the anything-you-can-imagine market are just a few blocks away, as is the Hashem restaurant, best falafel in town, they say. Who are we to argue?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review especially coming from a TOP contributor .it is seriously valued by readers.
All 3 important points raised in your complaint could have been dealt with promptly had you informed the front desk.
We do not make up rooms until we asked to do so.
We do not like to disturb our guests.You are on holiday to relax .
we have 4 hair dryers available.
Must have been a mistake not to leave in your rook shampoo and soap a basic things to provide we apologize for that.
thank you mention the good positive points about the hotel.Service,rooms,breakfast and location
Many thanks for giving us the thumb up
cheers
Raymond and crew.
Californian in India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Pasha hotel is not a luxury hotel. It is not a hotel to go to in order to be pampered. ..but it was exactly the hotel we wanted for our stay in Amman.

I was arranging a hotel to stay in for a night on a trip through Amman to Petra with my parents. We normally stay in very comfortable hotels. We decided to risk staying in this Hotel because of the great location. I say "risk" because having read some of the reviews, we were thinking it might be noisy or uncomfortable.

We asked for rooms in the back on the higher floors so that it could be quieter (but the back rooms lack the incredible view of the Roman Theater). It was quiet and we slept very well.

The Pasha hotel is owned and run by a wonderful man named Raymond Gordon who personally looks after things. He is charming, generous, attentive, funny, and knowledgeable about western standards (lived quite a long time in Australia)-- a great host and truly a special person. He and his hotel responded immediately to our emails. I suggest you book directly with them. (They may give you even more competitive rates).

After researching a little on the Web, i decided to arrange our pick up (from the Jerusalem border) and sightseeing drop off/tour with Raymond and the hotel. His prices were competitive and everyone we dealt with was professional.

The hotel is just as it is advertised: Right across from the Roman theater and below the Roman ruins...right in the middle of the markets. You don't need a taxi! All is outside the door! The food is very good (including the complementary breakfast) and sometimes they have spontaneous Jordanian dancing at night in the restaurant.

The bathrooms are a bit simple, but function fine. We slept well. It is 3 star standard. Not 4 or 5 star. If you are ok with this, and you are a tourist, you might consider staying here. It's the most convenient place to stay. If we were coming to Amman as a tourist for a night we'd probably stay there again.

Thank you Raymond for all of your help and attention. My parents and I decided that your hotel deserves a 5 star rating.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
It has been out pleasure meeting you and your lovely parents
I am glad the services and standard we offer has come up to your expectations.
I am happy to hear you have had great time in Jordan and Israel/Jerusalem.
I am delighted that you did not take the negative reviews seriously and that you were rewarded.
thank you for the kind words about me.I am happy to know people appreciate my sincere hard work to help others.
We wish you all the best
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Amman Pasha Hotel? Share your experiences!