“Not value for money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Amman Pasha Hotel

You added Amman Pasha Hotel to your Saves list
Amman Pasha Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Al Shabsough Street | Amman Downtown, Amman 11181, Jordan   |
Offers & Announcements
book 3 nights get 4 free
Ranked #7 of 116 Hotels in Amman
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not value for money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

we stayed with our family for 2 nights, Not worth the amount they charged for room, too small for family. The toilet was not working,had to keep informing for maintenance. Good location and Breakfast was good and staff was friendly though.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

In many respects this should be a two star review. I base this on that fact that upon our arrival here at 11pm local time we were informed our room wasn’t ready. However, the chap at reception was very apologetic and invited us to sit in the bar where we enjoyed a can of the local larger. It’s called Petra and the alcohol content comes in at a staggering 10 percent. Cue significant light-headedness. The bar is the best thing about this place. Really quirky- lots of bizarre pictures on the wall (including one of Saddam Hussein). It had a really good feel to it. When our room was ready the porter made what we thought was a joke, suggesting we’d taken his room. However, I think there’s a very good likelihood it was his room as it was appalling. Two single beds and a filthy shower. However, I’m not going to score this place down because the staff are so delightful. Particular mention to Ibrahim. I don’t think he had any idea what we were talking about half the time but he always had a smile on his face and that counts for a lot.

The hotel is in a great location. Right next to both the Roman Amphitheatre and the ruins at the top of the city- both well worth a look.

When coming to a final score it’s worth thinking about expectations. This place costs £20 per person tonight. You ain’t going to get the Savoy for that but the staff are all great and really make the place.

Room Tip: Great location If you're going to be late make sure you tell them or else they'll give your...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review the hotel and a special thanks for your favourable candid review.
I am glad you enjoyed the local super strong beer the Petra at the bar.
I spoke to Ibraheim who actually admits it was a joke take you to a room that was not yours and it was just been checked out.He is that kind of person.A happy go lucky one.
Saddam Hussein is one of many contradictory leaders displayed on the walls at bar.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in future
Nizwa, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Very good location: across the Roman theatre (and a museum that houses original mosaics from churches of the 5th century). The staff is truly friendly, and room was spotless and quiet. I would definitely recommend this place for someone on a budget.

Room Tip: Do not stress to find an internet cafe if you need to print an important document such as a one-page...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Elma
It was pleasure having you staying at our hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your trip to Jordan was fantastic and memorable one.
Thank you for giving us the thumb up a heart warming stuff for the crew
we hope to see you again in future and wish you well with your life/work in Oman
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in April 2014. Came back last night from Amman.

Pros:
Location: You could not ask for a better location than this joint. Located opposite the Roman Amphitheater, it is also close to Rainbow Street, the Amman Citadel and the old souks downtown. The best part if they have someone around they'll drive you there.

Price: If you are a solo it does not come better than this, for 29 JD per night with no BS hidden fees and/or surcharges you'd be hard pressed to find a better bargain.

Service: These guy go out of their to help out. Wish I could give 5 stars to indivduals but Mr. Marwan (the general manager, his photo attached) went out of his way to help out. Like having a Jordanian dad who ofcourse needs to get paid :) Just watch out for one of their drivers especially this one guy who left me stranded at the Dead Sea Mariott for 1.5 hour and then tried to pass it off by saying that all Jordanians are always late.

Cons:
Facilities: I knew going in that this is a budget hotel and I have to confess that I've never really stayed in a budget hotel at this price point. So I set my expectations accordingly. Even so I was pretty taken aback by how sad my room was. I'll let the photos do the talking but by far my biggest complaint was the bathroom. The shower was weak with the hot water taking pretty long and the flush never worked. I asked to have it fixed thrice but every night when I returned I found it broken. Thankfully I was going to the Dead Sea Mariott spa everyday so took my showers and such over there. Also the "gym" is a joke.
I am 6'3" and had to sleep diagonally on the single bed as I barely fit. But the bed is nice and firm the way I like it. Maybe it was just my room so it would be worth it to check out the room and ask for another if possible. I did but the hotel was full.

Food: The breakfast buffet was super basic and everything felt a little stale. I mainly just ate cucumbers with hummus and that's it. While the restaurant has a nice atmosphere, the dinners can get a lil pricey especially given the options you have right around the corner in the old souk area.

Summary:
This is the hotel for you if you are on a budget and need to be located centrally. Also don't be afraid to rent a car in Jordan. Again a special shout-out to Mr. Marwan, who should be awarded the best hotel manager in the world!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel is located at vrry good location but the quality of rooms and toilet is poor. Toilets not working and the room size for a family of 4 is like room size for 2. Staff is friendly and helpful snd the breakfast is good. For the price what they are charging its not worth staying here.

• Stayed April 2014
Navan, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Spent in total 5 days (split) at the Amman Pasha,location is superb and the staff really go out of their way to help out.When you get there generally the taxi guy that collects you will be available to be your guide throughout your stay.Richard collected me at the airport and i have to say found him a bit over powering when it came to trips....each day asking me where i wanted to go and seemed unhappy if i didn't want to do anything....i then had Ibrahim who i used after that throughout my stay.I have to say guys he is an absolute gentleman.......you need to be aware of this Raymond (Owner) as to have a guide who is relaxed and not forceful in his approach with people makes a big difference,Im sure Richard is a good guy but he needs to learn how to distance himself from tourists....otherwise my experience of the hotel is top notch....check out the rooftop too!!Once again thank you to Ibrahim for a really relaxed and chilled trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for review well received and appreciated.

Point taken for Richard.He is a nice man new in the business he needs some fine tuning..

Ibraheim is delighted to see his name me

we hope to see you again in future

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Very welcoming, helpful and friendly staff. Super location opposite roman theater. It has the charm and spirit of a very good backpacker hotel, but is much more comfortably and clean. Nice terrace on roof. The cafe is charming, but breakfast is rather basic (compared to the price for non-residents).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank for reviewing our hotel.A special thanks for giving us the thumb up and recommending it to other travelers.
the cost of breakfast for non residence is 5 jod which is a fair price for what you get.A buffet breakfast some twenty dishes tea coffee orange juice ,water and fruit salad.
As you mentioned you find hotel offers a friendly congenial atmosphere which makes it easy to meet others like minded people in the communal area ,restaurant,lobby,outdoor cafe and roof terrace.
We thank you for choosing our hotel
Raymond and crew

Been to Amman Pasha Hotel? Share your experiences!