“Slightly Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Amman Pasha Hotel

You added Amman Pasha Hotel to your Saves list
Amman Pasha Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Al Shabsough Street | Amman Downtown, Amman 11181, Jordan   |
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Amman
“Slightly Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

For all the great reviews we saw, myself and my wife were disappointed. The location was great and we understand it was a budget hotel, but our room seemed far from clean. There were cigarette butt's in the bin when we got into the room. The room had carpet which was very dirty so for a budget hotel tiles could have been a better option. The staff tried to please but when my wife asked for a hairdryer apparently they kept being used by other guests

breakfast was sufficient and set you up for the day and the staff helped us organise tours but I was honestly expecting more for a hotel ranked this highly and I was not expecting luxury

• Stayed April 2013
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
HI thank you taking time to post a review.

Dirty carpet has been a serious problem as some guests tend to cook and eat in the room.
Well that is what we are exactly doing right now and have been for last two months We are replacing carpet with floor ceramic tiles.
It is a huge and costly task to carry out but necessary it will be completed soon inshallah.

the issue of hair dryer has been solved as we have purchased few more units
I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and took advantage of our tours
Please dnt hesitate to come back if you have a chance you wont be disappointed. You can take me up on it.
Raymond and crew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

WARNING: Consider this place carefully before booking. Their pictures are nice but the rooms are disgustingly bad. There were roaches in the bath room, which was filthy. The bath tub had a big gash and was rusted through. Imagine cutting your leg while stepping into this tub. Hope you had a tetanus shot before you stay at this hotel. The beds seemed like they are as old as Amman itself. The sheets are so old that the color prints have faded to a grey. The threads were barely held together. It was so disgusting that I slept on the towels. The only positive was the location of the hotel.

Also, do Not make any travel arrangements with jordancaby@hotmail or through his affiliation with Amman Pasha Hotel. They are a scam. I arranged taxi travel with "Joe" at jordancaby@hotmail to go from Amman airport to Petra. He email be back with the cost of 75 JD. We exchanged several emails back and forth to confirm the date and price. After his driver dropped us off in Petra, the driver - allegedly Joe's "brother" - demanded 125 JD. We had a big fight about it and I wasted valuable time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Haifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is placed at the downtown region, very close to the Roman Theater, and so the place gives a real feel of the Jordanian and Arabic culture. The view from the roof is simply amazing especially at night. The staff was very helpful and generous, the service was excellent along with a great hospitality, me and my friends did not have to wait for anything, and we definitely felt at home! I enjoyed my stay there and I would not hesitate to go back for my next trip to Amman!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I think you get an idea of the exceptional quality of the Amman Pasha Hotel from the fact that they've responded in detail to any negative feedback on Trip Advisor. (I chose this hotel, by the way, because of Trip Advisor.) This is a very personal place and the owner/manager is highly committed to making sure that visitors are happy. They really take care of you; I was a solo traveler and felt like I was staying with good friends the whole time I was there. Sometimes one feels a bit vulnerable traveling solo (“What happens if I get sick,” for example). This is a place where people would have been highly available if I had needed emergency help.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the Amman Pasha Hotel is in an ideal location, possibly THE best location in the downtown (on a quieter side street off the main street, and with an indescribable view of the city from the rooftop terrace).

Some guidebooks suggest that Amman is only worth a few days, but I spent almost a week at the Amman Pasha and loved every moment. If I had spent a month there, I believe I still would only have scratched the surface of the rich culture that surrounds the hotel.

As some other reviewers have mentioned, the Amman Pasha is not a five star hotel. It does, however, more accurately represent the standard of living of most Jordanians. For me, that was important.

Jordan is experiencing a dip in tourism because of the instability in neighboring countries. That's unfortunate, because I felt safer in Jordan than in Canada or America. At one point I got lost (and lost my map); someone closed his store to walk me back to the main road. Another time I handed a vendor 20 dinars instead of 1 dinar (they look the same) and he handed it back to me. I experienced that sort of hospitality and generosity again and again in Jordan. Jordan, and the Amman Pasha Hotel, is an excellent introduction to everything that's good in the Middle East. If you're hesitant, GO!

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get a view of the Roman Amphitheater. It's a view which will stay in your min...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
beijing
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Upon check-in I experienced none of the great charm frequently cited by other reviewers. This was followed moments after check-in by one member of staff 'giving me the sell' on tours offered by the hotel; a surefire way to make your guests feel uneasy. I asked to change rooms, as the first they put me in stank of cigarette smoke. The second room was much better, as the first could be described as grimy. It seems some renovation is underway. Thankfully the reception that I experienced upon check-in proved an exception and generally staff were much more amiable for the rest of the stay. By comparison to the other hotel in Amman that I stayed in, this one was very basic for the same money. All in all, if you want to be downtown, then this is a good option and I would return there. I give rooms a poor rating, only because of the comparison that I was able to make with another Amman hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid 508, lift noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
syriafullbottle, Owner at Amman Pasha Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013

I am glad you opened this important subject on hotels in downtown

I am so impressed with your analysis when you said I am making comparsion of this hotel with other hotels in Amman ,that is the modern new West Amman

You are absolutely right There is no comparison is the word.there are hundreds of good new hotels in west Amman.when you consider tourists must visit downtown that becomes a problem .taxis are reluctant to drive to downtown.You have trouble finding a taxi when you want one.they avoid driving to downtown.and if they do they ask for more money.you have same problem getting out of downtown by taxi.When you consider that all tourist enjoy visiting downtown where they can walk(no need for taxi at all) to see all places of interest it is a good idea to stay in downtown.

There are hundred fifty old hotels in downtown.Our hotel is the only hotel that had NEW LICENSE issued last year when it passed Fire and Safety Regulations.There is a stringent set of criteria for hotels to be able to pass this test.Some of hotels in downtown represent to guests fire and safety hazard.

Some of our guests have little time in Jordan thus they must plan their trips carefully and maximize of what they can visit that is why our staff did what he did when you first arrived.

To you it was an offence to others it could have been a blessing.

NOT ONE complaint of this nature made by our guests .Not a complaint to me or on the internet.All comments on the internet was praise to our staff on this important issue.

Apology if we offended you.

I thank you for recommending our hotel for downtown.and hope to see you again in future.

Raymond and crew
Novaggio, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Forse la struttura ha bisogno qualche ritocco, ma il personaleè estremamente gentile specialmemte Mohammed del ricevimento. Grazie del soggiorno. Ritorneró presto.

The structure need some refresh, but the staff is extremely friendly, expecially Mohamed at the reception. Thanks and will be back soon

• Stayed June 2013
Haifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We (4 friends) stayed at the Amman Pasha Hotel 3 nights, its location is perfect: very close to the Romanian amphitheatre (2 mins walking) , to the Citadel (20 mins walking) , to the pop market (2 mins walking), and to the Rainbow street -Jara Market (30 mins walking).
The service was great, the Staff was awesome, the breakfast was tasty and authentic.Don`t miss the roof, a great view from over there.
We missed the parties at night, it seemed very festive - don`t miss it.
We will not hesitate to stay at the hotel again and again..

Thanks you very much!!
R,M,M,H

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Amman Pasha Hotel? Share your experiences!