“Amman Pasha - Will Be Back Each Time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amman Pasha Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amman Pasha Hotel to your Saves list
Amman Pasha Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Al Shabsough Street | Amman Downtown, Amman 11181, Jordan   |
Offers & Announcements
stay 3 nights get 1 free
Ranked #7 of 115 Hotels in Amman
Hammonton, New Jersey, United States
“Amman Pasha - Will Be Back Each Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I found the Amman Pasha Hotel over the internet, and I am SO glad that I did a bit of research. A friend and I visited in early January, and upon arrival in Amman, my luggage was promptly lost by the airline. I had to stay about an hour after the flight, and I was *sure* that the driver that I had arranged would no longer be there - but, this is where my luck changed! Esmat was STILL there, and waiting for me! On getting to the hotel with no luggage, Raymond and the Crew were immediately working to help - calling the airport (and calling, and calling, and calling, and calling). I am convinced that if Faras and the others had not just continued to call, I would probably STILL not have my luggage!

My friend and I had SUCH A GOOD TIME - the staff can arrange some GREAT day trips to all the "must-see" sights, and our driver (Esmat, again) actually suggested some other great ideas that made our trip SO enjoyable.

Breakfasts are fine, and the dinner meals are quality (the mansaf is better at the APH than even in Kerak!). Each night you can just relax with the other guests and staff, enjoy coffee, some food, water pipe (if you choose), and even dancing! Very, very fun and you REALLY do end up feeling like everyone at the hotel is your family.

I travel often to Amman each year, and I will definitely stay at the AHP from this point forward - if you are familiar with Amman, you will know that a happy, friendly hotel staff is RARE, so finding a place like this is fabulous! It is RIGHT under the citadel (across from the amphitheater) and it is a very easy neighborhood to walk around in (and shop).

Some of the bathrooms ARE small (that is just what you get in an older building!) - I am sure that if it is a problem, you can talk with anyone and they will do their best to accommodate your needs - do not be afraid to ask for anything! Room service is also not the same as at other hotels - when we visited, there was not daily cleaning, but I think this is something they will be working on. It is certainly not a reason to come!

Definitely give the AHP a try! They will help you with travel to and from the airport, as well as anything else you want to see in Jordan.

I look forward to returning! Tell them Jess says hi!

Room Tip: Bathrooms can be small - but, do not be afraid to ask to change if there is a problem!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I would like to recommend the AMMAN PASHA HOTEL to others who are looking for a hotel in the same area...Raymond the owner is very friendly...the STAFF are wonderful from IBRAHIM the bell captain to Firas who is amazing with dealing with people he helped us for our Petra trip & went the extra mile to help us, very good experience

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to the Middle East but what a fantastic first impression! The staff at Amman Pasha are incredibly friendly, helpful and fun, true role models of Jordanian hospitality. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and help us arrange our trip.

The restaurant is real local style and is frequented by locals, not just foreign hotel guests so has a great cultural vibe to it, especially when they get the music and dancing going in the evening.

The location is magnificent, everything is a very short walk away - citadel, roman ruins and central market. They also arrange tours/drivers throughout Jordan - we did a day trip to Bethany, Dead Sea, & Mt Nebo then got a drop off at Petra via the Kings Highway.

If you want a fancy flash hotel you might not get wha you want, but for those with a budget I couldn't recommend this hotel more highly. Thanks to Raymond and the team for a really great stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were booked in at the Hotel Intercontinental as part of a tour and found it sterile. Early in our trip we discovered the cafe and came to eat and use Internet often. We found the staff so friendly, that after our tour had ended we stayed our last night in Amman at this hotel. We had an awesome time and participated in the evening dancing.

The best thing about Amman Pasha Hotel is the staff. Everyone, including the owner was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to get to know locals as well as being on a budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The owner, Raymond is an extremely wonderful person, and his crew is just as wonderful as he.
We should check out on Feb.6, but our flight was at 2:00 Am Feb.7. Raymond let us use the rooms until midnight without extra charge. When we arrived, he and his crew entertained us with a welcome song, and when we were about to leave, he prepared delicious Jordan sweets and tea for us. He treated his guests just like family, and the hotel rooms are spacious and comfortable.
The hotel went above and beyond other hotels I stay. Thank you, Raymond!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I spent a few days at the Amman Pasha Hotel and had a wonderful time. We had been miserable at the arab tower hotel. I came in one morning and found the owner Ramond, whom I had recently met when eating there.I told him what a miserable stay we were having at the other hotel. He gave us a choice of 2 rooms and everything was great from there. Raymond is a wonderful host. Hosam is a wonderful cook and the best dancer, after my husband of course. Firas, Jafar and Abu Farah were wonderful also. Anything we needed they were always helpful and friendly. The hot water is hot 24 hours a day. I havent found that in 3 star hotels i have stayed in in Amman. Cant wait to spend mpre time at the Pasha. Amani and Mohammad

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. Everybody here is so nice to help you. Nice to meet Feras and Hashem. It's easy to go around near hotel. Good breakfast , good view, kind people here. You also can go to the roof to see the sunrise easily. ^_^

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Amman Pasha Hotel? Share your experiences!