“Poor food - go for drinks and atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #238 of 384 Restaurants in Amman
Cuisines: Caribbean, Polynesian, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The World famous Trader Vic's Restaurant & Bar Lounge, and Home of the Original Mai Tai®. Offering a variety of Polynesian and Island Exotic Cuisine accompanied by New World Wines and Cocktails perfectly mixed by Trader Vic’s Bartenders, considered the best in Jordan.Whether you are in the mood for a relaxing chill environment with friends and loved ones or in the mood for a night of dance and mingling our professional Cuban band will make your night one to remember.With locations around the world, Trader Vic’s is a family of restaurants, united by our four cornerstones: Decor, Food, Drinks, and Service. Combined, these define the Trader Vic’s Brand and create the Trader Vic’s experience. To ensure the success of each new restaurant, our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to delivering sincere and personalized service and a flexible support structure to each franchise partner. We are respectful to regional conventions and incorporate local customs without diluting the Trader Vic’s Brand.
Amman, Jordan
“Poor food - go for drinks and atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is not a place worth going to for dinner in Amman. The food was below average I would say - dry and tasteless. However the cocktails menu looked good and it did have a nice atmosphere with the decor and a great band playing cover songs (nothing Latin) of 90s songs, the lead singer had a great voice. I would go there again for drinks (post-dinner) and to listen to the good music.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Bad treatment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I am an Italian citizen of Jordanian origin and have recently moved from Rome where I lived for 30 years mainly working for the UN. The most terrible aspect of this Trader Vic's, kind of a disco bar, is not the poor quality of food but the poor quality of people running it. I a lover of Latin music (the bar has a Cuban music band), I have frequented the place with my wife on Friday's and Thursday's in August 2013 not withstanding the bad manners of most of its staff. On average, I spent about 80 JDs each time on few drinks but this did not matter. You are better treated and well seated only if you choose to eat an expensive dinner. If you only choose to have a drink, having paid 12 Dinars entry then you can not sit on those tables reserved for dinner even if it is past mid night. I was always allowed in being accompanied by a lady. The last time I visited the place (Friday, 4 Sept. 2013) I went alone and was simply denied entry with the excuse that I have no reservation. I was surprised to learn that I needed reservation just to pay an entry fee and buy few drinks. Worse I felt when two guys and three couples came in just after me and were allowed to go in even though it was clear none of them had reservation. One of the three guards/receptionists at the entrance knew them. As I requested to be equally treated the chief guard/receptionist replied very rudely repeating with high voice "I told you can not go in.. just go". I lived in Rome for 30 years and was never denied to go into a disco bar like this one. I had to come to the Amman Trader Vic's to experience this humiliation.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Worst place to eat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Dont go for food! really bad food and overly priced. sloppy service. not a good experience at all.the best thing is the music if you go on the nights they have latin dances. otherwise its a bad choice

Visited February 2013
Barcelona, Spain
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch with my wife on our first day in jordan thinking that it will be the same quality as the other trader vics. But sad to say that it was far from what should it have been.my wife ordered the spicy chilli hammour, and it was just hammour with tomato sauce and over cooked. Menehune was all ice and when we asked the waiter to remove the ice nd out more liquor, he just removed the ice and gave back the drink in half.

Beirut, Lebanon
“Good Atmosphere - Average Food - Great Cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Trader Vic’s is located on the underground level of the Regency Palace Hotel of Amman. The first time I went there was with a group for a business lunch-meeting. There weren't a lot of customers when we arrived. We sat on the table facing the bar and next to a large red oven, where they grill meat and chicken.

Appetizers we tried:
- Beef skewers (good taste and fun; cooked on an open flame)
- Ceaser salad with chicken (average tasting)

Main Plates we tried:
- Sweet and sour prawns with steamed rice (average tasting)
- Kung Pao Chicken (Tastes good)

Side Dishes we tried:
- Baby Spinach & Artichoke soup (Taste: not good)

Desserts we tried: We asked to share a variety of all desserts they had:
- Chocolate triangle cake (not tasty & not smooth at all)
- Cheesecake (awful!)
- Creme Brulee (average)

In general, my colleagues liked the food, but I didn't like it that much. I forgot the names of all the dishes ordered, but all of us agreed that we didn't like the desserts. Anyway, in summary, I think it's a nice place to hang out in.

Beautiful, exotic interior design - a mix of Latino & Hawaiian style.

Great atmosphere, especially on Salsa and Tango nights!

Excellent Presentation of food & exotic cocktails! Mai Tai was my favorite cocktail!

• Visited December 2012