“Unique Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Unique Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Enjoyed every minute of the experience at Beit Sitti!

My friend and I were warmly welcomed from the minute we entered till the minute we left the place.

Umm Reem was extremely professional and kind, and was happy to answer all our questions, and Ali happily documented our unique experience by taking photos of us while we were cooking!

The food was delicious and healthy, the ambiance was sensational, and the staff and owner were delightful!

Would definitely recommend it and repeat it.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
MN
“Top Rate Cooking Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We try to have some sort of cooking adventure as we travel and Beit Sitti was great. We were there in January, it had snowed and was cold. Maria welcomed us and set us up to make a wonderful supper. When I asked about something I had earlier tried she offered to make it as a part of the experience. To do that the eggplant really needed charring so out we went to the patio and fired up the grill. She explained everything well. Both my husband and I cooked and worked on the dinner and she even got our driver involved. We had a great time with great food. She sent the recipes by e mail so I didn't have to keep track of them on the trip and answered a couple of e mail questions I had when we got home. I highly recommend this for the experience and the food!

• Visited January 2013
Durham, New Hampshire
“Beit Sitti is the Place to Become Jordanian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The lovely family-run cooking experience that Beit Sitti offers is an absolutely wonderful one. I cannot say enough how fantastic the food we learned to cook turned out and that wouldn't have been possible without the great teaching from the woman who ran our class. We did the class in mid-August, just my mother and I. It was a very close and warm environment and the house itself is beautiful. The cooking class is held in the 1930s kitchen that belonged to the grandmother of the women who teach it. A gorgeous balcony overlooking the Old City of Amman is where you'll enjoy your hard work - a beautiful view and a delicious meal. I cannot recommend this place enough as a one of a kind cultural learning experience. Enjoy Jordanian food like the Jordanians do!

• Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Yummy but annoying.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went to Beit Sitti with a group of about 12. The young woman giving the class was like a drill sergeant, and spoke to us as though we were children - we were a group ranging from late-20's into our 60's. Very, very annoying, and I wasn't the only one who felt like this. I personally felt the competition aspect, handing out certificates, would be best for small kids. A bit of music during dinner would have been nice, maybe some Fayruz. However, the atmosphere was lovely - the premises are beautiful, the food is delicious and wholesome, I learned some great cooking tips, and the idea is lovely too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“A can't miss experience for people who love to cook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I found this restaurant and cooking school on the website of the school my son is attending inAmman. The name means my grandmother's house and Maria talked about how she learned to cook from her grandmother. The place is welcoming but hard to find so use the map they provide. The cooking took place on a patio with outdoor stove and oven. We arrived at 6 pm and within about 90 minutes were sitting down to enjoy a smoky eggplant dip, Arabic bread, cucumber and yogurt salad and upside down chicken-- cooked one way and served inverted. We cooked everything! Bread included! Maria walked us through the spices and preparation by hand including safe knife skills. Dessert was also made by the three of us. Fantastic food, fantastic experience, can't wait to get the recipes so I can try it at home.

• Visited July 2013