“Friendly stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Genny Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amman
Genny Bed & Breakfast
28 Fahmi Hashem Street, Amman, Jordan   |
Ranked #1 of 85 Amman B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Friendly stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed with Genny and Jalal for 2 nights and they treated us so kindly. They gave us excellent advice on where to travel to within the city and Genny sat down with us at length over our plans for Jordan. The breakfasts were good but given the standard of everything else in the house I would have expected more than white toast bread.

The location is quite far out of the centre of Amman but with cheap taxis it only cost 3JD max to get anywhere in the city.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Genny's B&B to anyone visiting this interesting capital city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am now a regular guest at Genny and Jalal's wonderful home. I travel frequently to Amman for business and have found this B&B to be the perfect place to stay. I am often up and out very early and Genny always creates a breakfast that is not only beautiful to look at, but very nutritious and sustaining for my long days. When I return, it is so relaxing to retreat to my charming room and private bath. It is then my time to have a cup of tea in the sitting room or out on the veranda (weather permitting) and have an interesting chat with Genny.

The location that I am now so familiar with is perfect for a short or extended stay. There are two grocery stores within a few blocks, an ATM, a small mall with a book store, clothing store, electronic store, wine shop, etc. and the best part is that there are several restaurants within walking distance including those that deliver or provide take out. One of the grocery stores also has a prepared food deli and for a few dinars you can bring home or eat in a nice variety of delicious dishes. That works really well for me on those evenings when I am dining alone. The whole arrangement is just so convenient and really helps you to be very independent and live like you would at home.

I can't say enough about how comfortable, charming, and convenient Genny’s Bed and Breakfast is and I look forward to my next return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our family of four adults has just stayed for 2 nights with Genny and Jalal in their delightful home, and we couldn't have had a more comfortable stay. As it was snowing heavily, we had to stay indoors for most of the time. Our hosts made us feel welcome, helped with travel arrangements and calls, drove us to the airport, found alternative accommodation for our daughter, and generally, were the most hospitable and generous hosts we could have imagined. Breakfast was fantastic and the bed and sitting rooms were of a very high standard. Thanks to them both.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hastings, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a wonderful 5 days with Genny and Jalal in their gracious home, with every possible comfort. Their friendliness, hospitality and helpfulness were just outstanding, even extending to written instructions in Arabic which were greatly appreciated by the local taxi drivers (and us!). Breakfast a la Genny is to die for, and Jalal is a superb and knowledgeable tour guide. As a bonus, the house is well positioned for a day trip on the JETT bus to Petra (JETT office within walking distance). We really do highly recommend this, one of the best!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nixa, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at Genny's Bed and Breakfast for 3 nights. Genny and her husband Jalal are the best! Their home is amazing as is their hospitality. I went to Petra, Dead Sea and so many other places-I was driven personally by Jalal. Could not have had a better tour guide. Breakfast was incredible. I felt so at home there. I am planning on opening up my own travel and tourism business and you can bet that Genny's B&B will be number one on my list of B&B's in Amman. Thank you so much Genny and Jalal for a great stay and tour of your beautiful city! Michelle

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was the first time that my wife and I decided to stay in a B&B. What a surprise when we arrived at Genny to find this wonderful place in Amman. Genny and her husband Jalal welcomes you to their home like you are family. The room is very nicely decorated and the private bath room is also super clean. There is a separate room with TV and small refrigerator were you can keep your own drinks and food. Genny serves a great breakfast outside on a lovely patio surrounded by a beautiful garden. If you have any special requests, Genny will try to provide it.
If you need a rental car or airport transfer, just ask Genny and she will have everything arranged.
If all the B&B's would be like Genny's, we would not stay in a Hotel anymore. Thanks Genny & Jalal for a wonderful stay in Amman. H&Y.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tilburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We really loved staying with genny and jalal! The room and private bathroom were very nice (and very clean), but the best about the stay were genny and jalal themselves :) A very kind, helpfull and enthousiastic couple, the unique and delightfull combination of a french lady and a jordan gentleman. Be aware of their secret weapon: their breakfast.... after you've once experienced it, you might never want to leave them :).

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Genny Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!