“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arab Tower Hotel (Burj al Arab)

You added Arab Tower Hotel (Burj al Arab) to your Saves list
Arab Tower Hotel (Burj al Arab)
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Building no. 3 Hashimi Street, Amman 00962, Jordan   |
Announcement
DAY TOURS STARTING 18 JD
Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Amman
Lisieux, France
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel was our first stop in Jordan, and the staff was really kind with us. The room was clean and really huge, with two bathrooms!
The staff was really helpful every time we wanted to get some information about the city or the country. Moreover, we booked an excursion to Madaba, the Mount Nebo and the Dead Sea with the hotel and, even though it was a little bit expensive (18 JD per person + 25 JD per person to enter the Dead Sea complex), this day stays as one of the best memory of our trip to Jordan!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ArabTowerHotel, Manager at Arab Tower Hotel (Burj al Arab), responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the Breakfast on the terrace. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you again at Arab Tower Hotel.

Mohannad Ali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed for 7 nights while in Amman. This Hotel met all my needs. The location is central. The value unbelievable. I was fortunate to deal with Hani for my stay. i was able to get great advice on where to go, and was able to arrange tours with my own driver. That was heaps cheaper than mainstream tourist office.
Breakfast on the rooftop is great way to start the day. Service was awesome with staff and Hami in particular going out of the way to assist.
Recommend his hotel and will definitely stay again next year on trip to Jordan.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations during your recent stay at the Arab Tower Hotel.
Your kind words are much appreciated, in particular the ones about our employees and our service; Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Burj Arab Hotel will suit those traveling on a budget. Even though small and a few steps up an alley just off al Hashimi St, it is clean, well managed and close to many famous attractions. Front desk staff were friendly, helpful, trustworthy and spoke good English.We left our bags there for 2 days while traveling to Petra with no problems. The hotel is easy walking distance to the Roman theater, the Citadel and many local restaurants and bakeries.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the main road just one block from al Husaini Mosque. Beware of the early morning aza...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review about our Hotel. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed the last week of September. Very basic and humble hotel. Great location and very helpful staff. They help me arrange pickup and drop off arrangements for the airport. The also offer excellent tours that are ten times cheaper then the ones offered on most travel sites. If their are other guest that are interested in same tour, its even cheaper. Like stated earlier, this is a basic hotel, but staff gors out of their way to cater to you and make you feel at home. rooms are nice size and clean. Showers are a bit awkward. Wifi is offered free of charge, but only in lounge. Their are plenty of places to eat and local shops nearby. Overall, had a lovely stay at hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

A group of friends and I stayed at the Arab Tower Hotel over this past Eid. Not only was the location very central to all major sites in the city, the service was top notch. Reception was incredibly friendly, accommodation, and even upgraded our room to have extra sleeping space. Considering the low cost of the accommodation, they also offered an amazing breakfast with a beautiful view of the city. I would HIGHLY recommend this to all budget travelers and it will not disappoint. Thank you for a GREAT stay and I hope to be back again one day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ArabTowerHotel, Manager at Arab Tower Hotel (Burj al Arab), responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and that your stay is pleasant. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done –

Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Great customer service but location was not ideal. It was very local, which I generally tend to gravitate to except sexual harassment (verbal and physical) was unbearable. Additionally, taxis are quite expensive and going to and from Amman became costly. If the hotel was located in another part of Amman I would have appreciated it a lot more. However, I do want to strea that the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant!

• Stayed October 2013
Greetings from Arab Tower Hotel. I would like to start by thanking you for your time in sharing your recent experience at the hotel.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as it offers us an opportunity to improve our service.
Concerning location, I am sure that you would enjoy staying in a other area in Amman, It is your opinion, Usually Jordanians are not offending but maybe you have experience this. Usually when people choose to stay in Downtown they intend to experience authentic and local experience.

We hope to see you again.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Taking the Trip Advisor's Award given to this hotel, I chose this hotel couple of weeks ago. There is really nothing special about this hotel. Like all other hotels in Amman downtown, it is pricey.

I stayed here on two occasions. The first room I had was on second floor Room (202) with a view of the Hussain Mosque so it was obviously noisy with all the traffic going on down in the streets till about midnight. The second was on sixth floor (Room 603) with a windows facing the windows of the next hotel room so make sure to pull the curtains close because it was clear enough to see through the glass otherwise. This was a noisier location considering that it was a below the rooftop, where the restaurant was, and people's loud conversations could be overheard.

The rooms were large, mattresses were comfortable, pillows were bit hard.
I have no idea if they send the thick fleece blankets to laundry after every check-out of the guests.
If the hair (obviously the previous guests's) collected on the drain does not make you go "EW", the bathroom will be fine.
The location is in the heart of the downtown, a walking distance to the Roman Theatre and a 20-minute walk uphill to the Citadel Amman, a 2 JD taxi ride to Abdali Station and 3 JD to Tabarbour. The hotel will be quiet hard to find, if you come by a taxi from the airport or from the Tabarbour Station for the first time.

The breakfast was a bit bland for my taste. Salt and pepper shakers are on the table though. The large bottled water are very reasonably price at 0.50 JD compared to 1 or 2 JD sold on most touristy places, so I made sure I always carried one with me.

There is a wi-fi connection at the lobby, which could become pretty slow at times, but there are two desktops down there which you could use for 1 JD per hour of net.

I found the reception staff bit unfriendly at first but once you've warmed up to them they're okay. They could use more smiles though. The only staff who smiled a lot back there was the bellboy named Abdulhalim.

The day trips serviced by the hotel are not frequently taken so there is a very slim chance for a lone traveller to share this with other guests, eventually having to go solo and paying for the entire expensive price. I survived the backpacking across the country by taking taxis, serveeces (shared taxix), buses as public transport is far cheaper and easily accessible to most areas except the Dead Sea (which only runs of Fridays via JETT).

It is a hotel that lets you do pretty much anything you fancy because on one of those nights there was a very loud party going on in the next room, with all the karaoke singing and door banging. The songs might have either entertained an enthusiastic neighbor or disturbed a tired guest who had floated the day at the Dead Sea.

If you stay at this hotel, I assume a fourth-floor room that is not along the street would be a quieter location.

I won't say "I recommend" or "I will not recommend this hotel" because I have never been to the other hotels in the area but this hotel is fully-booked on most days that when I wanted to have a late check-out on my last day there was no way so I just stayed at the lobby and they wouldn't really mind you lying down on the sofas there :)

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel, I assume a fourth-floor room that is not along the street would be a quie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Since you have requested a room with a street view, You should not predict that having a street view doesn't come with street noise. Considering staying in a downtown area. Considering your stay in room 603, The only time that there is noise on the rooftop is when breakfast was served, Since you were facing this issue you should have informed the front desk, And we wouldn't mind relocating you.
Please don't mention that our hotel is hard to find, Your taxi driver couldn't locate our hotel. I've told you while you were emailing us, Give the driver our phone number and location that I've sent to you, Because some drivers act that they don't know where the hotel is so they can make more money.
About the hair situation, Lucky us that you took a photo of almost everything about our hotel, But didn't manage to post a picture of your description.
Our Wifi connection is super fast and it is never slow. unless if there is over than 9 people using it at the same time. About the shared tours, They are used pretty often but you came on dates where nobody wants to go on a tour.

For the other comments If you wish to discuss them please don't hesitate to contact me on 00962799929905 or Mohannad@arabtowerhotel.com

Thanks,

Mohannad Ali

Been to Arab Tower Hotel (Burj al Arab)? Share your experiences!