“Hight of misrepresentation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Canyon Boutique Hotel

You added Canyon Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Canyon Boutique Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Adeeb Wahbeh Street | Next to Jordan Hospital, Amman 11814, Jordan   |
Ranked #93 of 118 Hotels in Amman
Doha
“Hight of misrepresentation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Dont believe the hotel booking websites like agoda that this is in city center. It is no where near the city center taxi chnarge 20 JD ($30)for one way trip. except for a major freway with its busy trafic and the largest hospital with ambulance sirens blaring there is nothing close to the hotel.
there are lots of hidden charges, so dont go bu the rate listed on agoda they will add 18% more on top, they list airport transfer available but the charge exorbitantly for it you are better off taking a private taxi for half the price.
There was no conditioner, no hand towel, no airconditioning
The front office staff was very uncooperative especially the manager who gave his name as Chad but I believe his name was mohamed or thats wht his coleagues called him. he couldnt even tell me if there was a currency exchange around or where to get the taxi or a map or directions to city center
If u become an unsuspecting guest like me report to the booking company

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Staff: Friendly and honest
Location: far from city center, but good location if you have work in near location
Price: Good
Room Cleanliness: Zero
Room Comfort: Medium
Room Age: very consumed
Facilities: only one bar at the top, and not for hotel guest but for locals (couples and previous reservations ... etc)
the hotel is 3 star as i asked in the hotel, but booking and others still rating it 4 i dont know why !! this good if changed
internet there is S**T ... so bad

Room Tip: - Right side room bigger - Breakfast early better because they don't refresh it - There is no...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sunderland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Our problems started on our second day at the Canyon Boutique Hotel in Amman. We returned from a tour to find that the toilet wouldn't flush. Knowing that the hotel was having renovations carried out I checked the washbasin taps and shower and found them to be in working order, hot and cold. I went down to reception and told them of our problem. I spoke to a gentleman going by the unfortunate name (in Europe anyway) of Himmler at around 3:30 pm. In very broken English (almost non-existent) he told me "One hour, one hour." I deduced from what he said that our toilet would flush again in one hour. At the time we knew nothing of the problems faced with water in Jordan. We found this out later from another guest. We take a constant supply of water for granted in England. About 45 minutes later I checked to see if the supply had been restored. Upon pushing the flush plate it came away from the wall. Again I went downstairs to reception to report this fact. The receptionist, Mohammed, when requested to attend the room to see the problem insisted that normal service would be resumed shortly. When I insisted he grabbed a maintenance man and followed me. The flush plate was restored to its former glory. I again tried to highlight the fact that the toilet couldn't be flushed but that we had running water elsewhere but Mohammed, for all his English was good, couldn't seem to grasp this and insisted that normal service would resume in "half hour". This was now around about 4:30.
At 6:30 we went downstairs to the restaurant for our evening meal. Service was, as usual, very slow. After dining we decided to go to the bar on the top floor for a drink to round off the evening with. On the way up we called into our room to see if the toilet was flushing. It wasn't. My wife went down to reception this time and finally they took our concerns seriously. Maintenance attended again and found that the cistern connections had come uncoupled. FIVE hours after it was first reported.
After touring Jordan it was back to Amman and the Canyon Boutique Hotel for our last night in the country. Yes, we'd had problems there previously but felt them resolved. Upon arrival we were made to wait in reception for what seemed like hours but was probably only something like 30 minutes.
We eventually got a room on the 4th floor right under the bar. Having used the bar my wife was concerned about the noise, especially as we were leaving at 4am the following morning. I tried to ask Himmler about soundproofing but he couldn't understand me. Our driver had accompanied us to the room and asked the question of Himmler for us. Assurances were given that we would hear no noise from upstairs.
Ha!
We retired at 8:30, having to be up before dawn to get to the airport for our flight. The noise started at 9:30. Television, music, scraping of chairs and bar stools across the floor, footsteps, laughter, screaming. It was bad for me. I'm hard of hearing and I didn't have my hearing aids in. It was many times worse for my wife. I checked the hotel guide, it said that the bar was open until 11pm. We reasoned that we could just about suffer it until then. We may have, had the noise ceased or began to die down then but it went on and on and on. Actually we began, at one stage, to think that it was the bar staff cleaning up that was causing the noise. At 12:20 I'd had enough and phoned reception. They couldn't understand me. Twenty minutes later I went down. Still no one could understand me.
At 1am my wife went upstairs and played hell with the bar manager. Pointing out that the bar was supposed to close at 11pm and 'look at the time now'. He apologised and promised to keep the noise down. She went from there to reception and complained there. This time someone actually took notice because the revellers began to leave - in dribs and drabs. But they made a hell of a noise in doing so. At 1:50am there was still noise coming from the bar.

And I'm not finished yet. After checking into our room we noticed a coffee maker, but no coffee or cups. Actually it was one of those 'pod' machines. Not liking that coffee we went to the supermarket and bought some sachets. Returning to the hotel we asked for cups to be sent up. This would have been 2 - 2:30. We waited ages and nothing came. My wife took it upon herself to go to the restaurant and beg two. I went down to reception and asked the receptionist (he of the good English) if they (staff) were being deliberately awkward towards us. He assured me that they weren't and that the delay in getting a room was down to a delay in cleaning. I requested cups, again and returned to the room. Five minutes later a porter arrived - with coffee pods. In exasperation we went down to the restaurant and pinched (because there was no one there to ask) four cups. If we hadn't we'd still have been gasping for a cuppa when we left at 4am.
The hotel bar is open to all comers. We were denied access on one night because there was a private party going on. Paying guests denied access to the hotel's facilities! The hotel is nothing, as I pointed out to management, but a glorified knocking shop. In everything we read about Jordan women were requested to observe the cultural requirements. You yourselves stated in your literature that "women should dress conservatively" and my wife did yet female revellers in the Canyon bar wore less clothes than their European counterparts (and the difference in air temperature had nothing to do with it).

Room Tip: Refuse the 4th floor. It's right under the bar and extremely noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night and this hotel has a lot of potential. I gather this is a relatively new hotel and is currently undergoing some renovations but will be very nice when finished giving it a modern look.

I was originally shown to a room with twin beds but just as I got to the room they rang me and asked if I would mind moving to another room. The room I went to had a queen size bed which I preferred anyway.
Rooms are quite a good size, could be a bit cleaner though.
Bed was very comfortable and I also liked the shower head.

What this hotel does need to do is train up staff to use their initiative a bit more and provide a better service. Once management has achieved this I believe this hotel has a lot to offer.

The rooms are suppose to come with an espresso machine which mine did not have, the first one did though. So rang up to request this. Staff arrived with mini bar stock. I repeated my request and they brought up the espresso machine but then I had to ask for milk and a cup. Staff brought up a cup but no milk.

I also had to ask for a menu as there was no information in the room which I suggest they do.

I tried to ring to order a meal from room service, I rang on three different occasions before ringing reception to tell them they were not answering. The kitchen rang me after about 10 minutes.
Meal was fairly prompt though, serving was huge and very tasty and good value.
I left the plate outside my room and when I checked out the next morning it was still sitting there waiting to be collected.

Breakfast selection good, but no staff on hand, they were in kitchen talking. Once they did appear you need to ask for a coffee instead of them asking you.

This hotel is about 25 minutes from airport.

Again a new hotel with alot of potential and I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Ajax, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed two nights at this hotel - one at the beginning of my trip and one at the end. Both times, service in the restaurant was terrible. I actually had to go into the kitchen looking for a server to get coffee. Both times there was NO HOT WATER in the shower. The first day I could live with it. But when I got back after a two week hiking/cycling/camping trip I desperately wanted a HOT SHOWER!! I told them the minute I got in the room. They were full, apparently, and couldn't give me another room. Told me they would have it fixed the next day. I was leaving in the morning. Good location, bed was comfortable, but NO HOT WATER!! TWICE!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Bologna, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

nice attempt of modern furniture, but the electronic key didn,t work, the minibar was empty, the liquid soap looked dirty and soo old, there was a coffee machine but NO capsules, no water, towels looked dirty. the neighborhood looked a bit unsafe and far away fro the center. The water inthe bathroom came so slowly and either boiling or freezing. Good wifi connection and nice personnel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
cape town, south africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I recently stayed at the Canyon Boutique hotel in Amman Jordan. Tucked away between a nice neighborhood of medical clinics, but not far from the center of town. Nice rooms with comfy beds and great linens. The food in the small restaurant was
very good and fresh, serving international dishes, but retraining that middle eastern flair.The staff was friendly, helpful and always smiling.
Free internet access in the small cozy lobby. Definatley a pleasant surprise and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Canyon Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!