“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Amman

Save Saved
You added Ibis Amman to your Saves list
Ibis Amman
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Mohd Fayadh al Assaf Street | P.O. Box 4606, Amman 11953, Jordan   |
Ranked #27 of 116 Hotels in Amman
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The room was clean and tidy and to my surprise, we had complimentary bottled water, coffee and tea! The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. One time the water from the shower overflowed and flooded the bathroom due to clogging. We rang the staff and they fixed it immediately. Breakfast buffet was ok, not much choices, lots of pastries! Location was great. It's across a mall with a supermarket so going there at night to buy some stuff was very convenient. The only downside is, the rooms get too hot and since it's a centralised heating, we can't adjust the temperature or open the window. Overall, fantastic hotel, great staff and awesome location!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IbisAmman, General Manager at Ibis Amman, responded to this review, February 23, 2013

Greeting from Ibis Al Madinah/Amman

I would like to take the chance to thank you for time to write your comment regarding your stay in ibis amman.

Again I would like to thank you thank you for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Eric Seso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Kolbotn, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This was not my first stay at Ibis Amman. I guess I have stayed there three times, for work related travel. The hotel is nicer than one of its Ibis sisters in Geneve that I stayed at recently. Better roms and nicer reception areas. The location is good. Staff have only been professional and as helpful as they can. Restaurant could with little means have been made a little more charming so that meeting here in the evening would have been an option.

• Stayed February 2013
IbisAmman, General Manager at Ibis Amman, responded to this review, February 15, 2013

Greeting from Ibis Al Madinah/Amman

I would like to take the chance to thank you for time to write your comment regarding your stay in our hotel

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Unfriendly, totally useless front desk staff. They lost my booking and as a result was unable to stay there - had to go to bus stop in downtown Amman and sit and wait for hours - from 4 am in morning - for Jett bus to Petra. Seedy location - Ibis normally good, but pull this one down! Staff could not even manage a wake up call for me on last night - when I was eventually able to stay there. Security staff intimidating and unfriendly. If you want to experience the wonders of Jordan, don't let this be your first stop! Go for classes to Grand View Hotel in Petra - effective management, how to make your guests feel welcome and generally just plain manners.Oh and if you are a non smoker you are pretty stuffed as everybody lights up everywhere!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
IbisAmman, General Manager at Ibis Amman, responded to this review, February 2, 2013

Greeting from ibis Amman Al Madinah

First of all allow me to express my sincere apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I have taking good note of your comments, and I have already spoken with our front office manager and take the needed action with our front office team in order to correct the issues you mentioned in your review.

I thank you again for sharing your experience with us as your comments are very valuable to us in order to improve and correct our services.

It would be for me a pleasure to meet personally with you on your next stay at our hotel and discussed further your impression on our hotel or if you prefer you can contact me directly on my email h6313-gm@accor.com .

Once again I do apologies for any inconvenience caused and hope to be able to welcome you again in our hotel.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I syated for 3 nights.
they have wireless connection for free and easy to access.
rooms are clean.
hotel is new, max 5 years old.
they have water, coffee, tea and water heater in the room. they are free also.
in the front desk full of ignorant people.very poor english, since it is business hotel they must speak english.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IbisAmman, Front Office Manager at Ibis Amman, responded to this review, February 2, 2013

Greeting from Ibis Al Madinah/Amman

Its our Pleasure to recieve your feedback regarding your stay in our hotel and i would like to thank you for taking time to write your comment regarding your stay.

I will share your comments with our team. and action will be taken with front office team to correct the issues you mentioned in your review which are not acceptable at all.

Best Regards

Front Office Manager
Abdelelah Shurbaji
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Not bad at all. The location is nice. Rooms were good and service was okay. We stayed 2 nights in total and had good experience. Breakfast was good too. If you are visiting Amman and want a good hotel for better price would say go ahead and stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IbisAmman, Manager at Ibis Amman, responded to this review, January 17, 2013

Khaled Adawi
House Keeping Manager

Been to Ibis Amman? Share your experiences!