“Second time staying here” 5 of 5 stars

You added Rama Hotel to your Saves list
Rama Hotel
334 Amman, Amman 11831, Jordan   |
Ranked #52 of 115 hotels in Amman
“Second time staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel back in 2011 when my husband and I got married. From the outside it didn't look too nice but when we got inside the people were very welcoming! When we were taken to our rooms I was impressed. Very clean and cozy. This year when I stayed they had upgraded to flat screen tvs n new bathrooms. Once again the service was amazing. The hotel also has a restaurant and offers free breakfast!

• Stayed December 2012

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Rama is worst hotel for a family. It is very nasty and has a club which is haram. These people are a bunch of rip off. The charged me 5 dinor for a towel that has blood on it. The worst service ever and I don't recommend it. It very noisy and you cannot sleep at night from the club. The people that work there are unprofessional and have no respect. I will never go to that hotel. They try to take advantage from Palestinians and Americans and higher the prices.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good period.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011 via mobile

The staff were wonderful. They really made our trip here easy. They gave us lots of suggestions on how to combine a few activities in one day for a very good deal, since we were not able to stay long. They went out of their way to make arrangements for our activities of the day and had a driver take us to all the places we wanted to go. The driver was friendly and so patient. He waited patiently for us during every area we visited. This trip has been a great and memorable experince with the help of these wonderful stall at Rama Hotel. We would definitely come back and stay here in the future when we visit again.

• Stayed November 2011
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

I happened to stumble upon the doorstep of the Rama Hotel unexpectedly and had a great experience from start to finish. The staff are extremely friendly, and I was able to negotiate a lower price when I checked in. I was surprised to find that (for the price I was paying) the rooms were up-scale, nicely decorated, and extremely clean. There was also an endless supply of hot water for the shower. When I returned to the front desk, the staff were able to answer all of my questions, and introduced me to a local driver who became a loyal and dependable guide that took me everywhere. They also called various other places (hotels in other cities and bus stations) to help me make arrangements for my trip. The hotel is also conveniently located near the 7th Circle, which is close to restaurants, the bus station, banks/currency exhange, and lots of sites. I decided to return to the Rama Hotel when I was back in Amman several days later, and was warmly welcomed back and offered another great room and the previously discounted price. All in all, the Rama Hotel was a great find - the quality of the rooms was exceptional for the price and the staff were amazing and helped me out so much!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

We stayed at the Rama for one week, originally we checked in for only two nights and we had a lovely room but once we said we planned on staying for a full week we were upgraded to a suite which was superb and all for £25 per night per room, including breakfast!

Nicely located near the 7th circle and quite close to a newish shopping complex. Be careful of the taxis trying to rip you off and never get in one where the driver refuses to use his meter.

All in all lovely hotel, very clean and gorgeous breakfasts!!!

• Liked — breakfast and the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Up North
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

This hotel was the bees knees. It had everything that one could wish for. Clean bathroom, clean towels, a huge bed, excellent decor, great friendly helpful staff.
Excellent in all, on the face of it. I would recommend this hotel to all of my worst enemies. You see, its a spiders web with great lures.
Enter into it and your trapped. They got yer.

As I settled down for my comfy evening, watching the telly, the wob-wob wob-wob started. That funky thudding beat of techno techno techno. It kicked off around 8.30 pm. The best ear plugs from the UK's best earplug supplier couldnt block it out. You could hear it in the room, the bathroom, the corridor, everywhere.....

One would expect the torture to end around 2 in the morning, but as the Sun came up (7am), we had "No No, No No theres no limits"

No matter how fancy and how friendly the staff, the purpose of a hotel is to provide a nice relaxing environment so you can get a sound nights sleep. This they did not do and at 50 quid per night its a real let down.

My advice is if you're thinking of staying here, don't bother. Go some where else instead!!! You can thank me later.!!!

TB

PS.
Check the nightclub out, full of Thai brides if thats your sort of thing.

• Disliked — The Music
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rotterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

The taxi driver advised this hotel, fair enough he did get some commission from the hotel, but sometimes it works out well for all involved... especially when it comes in cheap.

The rate for a single room was very cheap for the quality of the room, however make sure you get it including breakfast. The breakfast was advertised at 5JD, and that is just way too much for what it was.

The breakfast consisted of a giant omelet which was up to the keen breakfast goers to chop up and divide, boiled eggs, some humus, olives, white cheese, chopped tomatoes, pita bread, western bread and some jam and butter... oh and you can make your own instant coffee or tea, its a treat.

So what about the room, I got a single with wireless internet (be sure to ask for a room with internet!) and breakfast included in my room price. One quick word of advice here, everything in Jordan is pretty much negotiable, so try and get the best rate you can.... whatever you end up paying will probably be too much anyways, so do your best!

The room had 2 single beds, but the beds were a little bit wider than normal singles and were actually very comfortable! I was really surprised by this and I even managed to sleep in some mornings. The room was not huge, but just a "regular size" as you can see from in the pics. There was a TV with satellite with a few hundred TV channels from almost everywhere. There was another remote control as well, but this was for the heating/cooling unit in the room. It worked great and I was surprised at how quiet it was.

The bathroom was clean and new towels were put in every day as were the sheets on my bed.

There were only a few problems with the room, one was the internet not always working, so a quick phone call had it fixed within 10 minutes. The hot water did not work, so a quick phone call had it fixed within 10 minutes. The window did not open very wide, but it might have had something to do with the fact that it looked like the wall above it had cracked a little! My room was also directly opposite the elevator which was a little annoying when the elevator music was able to be heard.

The hotel location itself is not soooooooo great, but a taxi ride into town should cost you next to nothing. Be sure to negotiate taxis as well or make sure they have the meter on, this was a constant battle in Amman. There are several little local eateries within 5 mins walking, some better than others, but the best is a small pizza shop behind the hotel (go left and try to cross the main street behind the hotel, or more sensibly use the sky bridge!) called "La Farina". If you go right as soon as you go out the hotel, you will come up to a small supermarket, keep going a little bit the end of the street and on your left you will see a larger supermarket C-Town. Or if you are too lazy to go to either, there is a small shop just across the street. If you get ill, there is also a pharmacy just around the back of the hotel as well.

The hotel has a nightclub/bar which I didn’t go to. There is a travel agent and a hairdressers just at the front entrance also.

All in all, I think it was a great hotel and would definitely recommend it. Just be sure to a) negotiate on everything and b) get used to everyone smoking, everywhere, anytime.

• Liked — The quailty and cleanliness for the price
  • Disliked — The window didnt open in my room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rama Hotel? Share your experiences!