“4/5 Pardon ?!???” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #603 of 1,055 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, International, Bistro
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Mel & Michelle is a small and intimate restaurant run by chef Nir Wayman.The chef infuse personal and artisanal touches on classical Italian cuisine.Hand made gnocchi, fresh pasta and local produce from the various markets are the basis of the seasonal menu, which also incorporates truffle oils, Roman artichokes and spices from around the globe.White table cloths, soft- incandescent lighting and an attentive staff create the calm and welcoming ambiance, characteristic of Mel & Michelle.
“4/5 Pardon ?!???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I even wonder how people can recommand it... Ok, the place is clean, the service is ok... But the food has no taste, like at all. The dishes are really simple, but usuaĺy it's something I appreciate...
I felt sorry for the chief that looked working hard... an pissed off cause I didn't enjoy one minute, my boyfriend had veal tortellini and i had mullet with wine sauce (which is the most expensive dishe)... none of our dish had any taste... I'm an italian born in france and I didn't find myself anywhere there... plus, Seriously, for the same prices, I will next time go to popina, pastel or gootcha...
Sorry for being so hard but we picked up this place because of all the nice advices we read about it, I regret.

• Hebrew first
New York City, New York
“Romantic spot with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I loved my meal here. The servers were very sweet and helpful, food was good, music set the right ambience and totally romantic. Recommend it as a nice date place.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

M&M is like the best neighborhood restaurant ever. A pretty place with very good Italian style food It is not cheap but everything that I had was excellent. Starting with the tomato salad and the amazing bread through the pasta and tiramisu, I enjoyed it thoroughly. The wine, a Flam Cabernet, was another great Israeli choice.

Visited July 2014
Israel
“Wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

It was one of the Mondial nights, but all the restaurants were full... Mel and Michelle was recommended by a friend. Its one of those restaurants that I've always wanted to try, but didn't... Its a rather small place, it was full, so we sat at the bar (a very good idea).
Its just great!
We had all(!) the first courses on the menu. Everyone of them was superb!
We were only 2, but had 4 of their main courses (small portions) - once again, everything was delicious!
The 2 different desserts were ---- great!!
So... Of course if you are in the neighborhood - that the place you should choose for your next dinner!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Great ambient and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We liked the restaurant therefore we visited it twice in one week. Food is delicious although portions can be small and prices aren't that small (but this is Israel in general, so nothing special here). Nevertheless this is good Italian no pizza restaurant, with great ambient and atmosphere, friendly staff, small, always crowded in the evening, so I recommend you to make reservations.

• Visited March 2014