“the best indian food in israel” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
petah Tiqwa, Israel
“the best indian food in israel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

although more expensive than the origin, the food is excellent and the ambience is unique. if you crave for indian food in israel-that's the place...

• Visited July 2012

Tel Aviv, Israel
1,329 reviews 1,329 reviews
“Average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was the first introduction to Indian food for me, and not surprisingly - I was not blown away.
While the restaurant has a very indian atmosphere - smells, music and vibe, the food was only average and quite pricey.
Most of the dishes were soaking in oil, which I am pretty sure is not the right Indian way to dealing with food.
A 3-course dinner (with wine) costs apx. 45US$ each.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Calcutta
“Hardly Indian...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My hosts in Israel were raving about this place when I was in India, and on my last day in Israel they took me there so that I could tell them how the food was. I had been feasting on non-Indian cuisine for nearly 8 days so a break from that would be welcome. But I am afraid this place is anything but Indian. Yes, the staff is courteous and the place looks nice BUT that is it.

It serves very sub-standard food. The tomato soup is surely not freshly made but surely made from adding hot water to tomato soup powder. 1 sip and I was done. In fact my hosts had their lips all orange after having it (color?)

The samosas and everything else that came on that platter were so very very oily. I did not even think of going on to the main course.

This is NOT good Indian food and I hope the people at Indira wake up to the fact and try to give it's wonderful patrons some real stuff.

Till the do so.. my simple advice: Do NOT go to this place!

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ambience, house wine were excellent. You can meet lot of indians in there. Food was good. You can have lunch buffet at reasonable price. The owner was generous and offered us some extras :-)

Visited May 2012
Montreal, Canada
“not indian, no good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

None of it was authentic. Naan was flat and "two pieces" was one piece cut in quarters. Chicken jafrezi was sweet, like General Tao. Chicken biryani was soggy and bright orange. Chana masala was undercooked. The only thing that was passable was the samosas. The waiter didn't write down our order and screwed up two dishes, so our chana masala got cold while we waited for the two dishes to come. Asked for more naan because we had received half of what we expected, which was also forgotten. Asked for the bill twice. The bill came and was 100 ILS over. Blame was placed on a malfunctioning calculator. Will never EVER go back. The eldest waiter was friendly but forgetful.

• Visited September 2012