“Fabulously delicious home made Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Oak Brook, Illinois
“Fabulously delicious home made Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Fabulously delicious home made Italian food. The gnocchi was some of the best I ever had. My husband's fish was also excellent. Opt for outdoor deating on their small patio. Great service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tel Aviv, Israel
“tourists only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

A typical Italian eestaurant near the hotels area, mostly visited by guests from the nearby hotels. The place has a terrace open to a main street and the inside is rather small. The menu has a long list of dishes which in this case might not be an advantage nevertheless the spaghetti bolognese is perfect.
The price seems to be somewhat more than what I would expect, but tourists are probably great customers for restaurants in the hotels area.
The place is run by a family from Rome so the service is authentic and so is the pasta

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Desert, California
“Surprisingly Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a surprise to have good Italian food in Tel Aviv. I ate the Lasagna which was tasty and my wife had the arrabiata. She said it was not spicy enough for her and that the noodles were a bit too al dente but all in all not bad. The service was good and the price was right. We ate outdoors and it was quite a pleasure. I would eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Morris Plains, NJ
“Authentic Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ernesto's on Ben Yehuda St. may have been the best and most authentic and delicious Italian food I've eaten since I was last in Italy in 2007 and 1973 (when I lived with Italian families, so I know authentic Italian food when I taste it). Besides the delicious food, what was interesting and telling about modern day Israel and this particular restaurant was, while we were waiting to be seated, (the place is always packed; you must make a reservation if you want to be sure to get in) I noticed that the people sitting at the outdoor tables in front of the restaurant were Italian and Hebrew speaking Jews from Italy, next to a large round table of tourists from Japan. The restaurant owner is originally from Italy and the menu is in English, Hebrew and Russian (I don't remember if it was also in Italian). Talk about diversity. I give Ernesto's 5 stars.
"Buon Appetito"! Be'tei'avon! /Good Appetite! Prijatnovo appetita!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A great Italian restaurant in Tel-Aviv”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I love Italian food, and after reading about Ernesto I offered my friend who lives near by to try it.
We didn't make a reservation, so we were happy to sit on the terrace even though it was a hot August evening.
Service was efficient and friendly, and the food, wow! I think it is the best Italian restaurant I've ever been to in Israel. My friend and I ordered the same dishes although there were many options to choose from.
We opened with veal Carpaccio and a hot Foccacia, and then ordered the sea food pasta which is an amazing dish. We drank the house wine and ended the meal with Lemoncello which was strong yet refreshing. We didn't have room for desert as it was too hot and we didn't want to feel heavy, but we will come back to this place for sure.

• Visited August 2013