“Pleasant stay in Tel Aviv” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Istanbul, Turkey
“Pleasant stay in Tel Aviv”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I've been travelling to Tel Aviv for years and used to stay in 5-star well-known named hotels on the beach. I was wondering why these expensive hotels couldn't fulfill my expectations for the price I've payed; they were usually old, need renovation or not clean as they had to be.
This time in September 2011, my colleague coincidentally chose Hotel Vital in the city center, a boutique business hotel. It was much cheaper ($175 vs $275) than the other hotels I've been checking. The hotel is actually based on 4th and 5th floors of a big business building where there is a hospital and many doctor clinic. The business lounge and breakfast room are on the 12th floor having a great view over Tel Aviv center (Weizmann street).
The rooms are very clean and you almost have everything you need in the room. Although facing the big Weizmann street, my room didn't have any outside noise. The receptionists are very kind and helpful.
The breakfast is served as "Israeli" breakfast which is offering a lot of choice of cheese, fresh vegetables, juices, coffee, pastries, cereals etc.. This is great for Meditereneans like me who are used to eat cheese in the morning.
I've stayed 4 nights in the hotel and I can say that it was a very pleasant stay for a short trip.
The only thing I didn't like was the room perfume which was way too much and heavy inside the building and rooms.

Room Tip: My room facing the Weizmann street was quiet, I don't think there would be a noise issue overall...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is my second stay. First stay ended negative due to refund issues, which Vital ignored after many emails. (Although, strangely they deny it, as if they did respond to me?) They refunded after I contacted Hotels.com, thank goodness.

But, I thought I should give Vital another try because:

* Maybe they simply made a mistake one time, although I'd prefer they admit it and simply apologize, instead of denying it.

* Like other reviewers mentioned - VERY friendly staff at the front-desk.
* Not near the beach, but good location to businesses.
* Connected to a small mall that is useful for quick shopping.
* Caters to business people, and has services in their business lounge useful for business- printing, Internet, etc.
* They seem to try to attend to your needs.
* Clean, comfortable rooms

But, clearly, the good service is truly dependent on your luck. Quite a few employees at the front desk really are stellar. I've rarely seen staff go out of the way helping me find things, etc. even at 5 star hotels. It's that interaction that brought me back for a second try, despite truly being annoyed after my first stay.

Iron in room - FYI, no iron in the room. When I asked the front desk they said there is usually an iron, but they'll send one up. I stayed 3 days, and each time I had to call and ask for an iron - they took it back after cleanning. Not a problem, but good to know, if you are in a hurry. You would think they'd keep the iron in the room.

The price is good, location is good, and with some luck, you will have great service from some exceptional employees. Or, you'll get some lame excuses, like I read on some of the other reviews, and half truths about iron in the room, if you get an employee that thinks lying is an appropriate way to communicate with customers. Clearly, they have some training issues.

Summary: Good price, good location if you don't need to be near the beach, some stellar service dependent on the staff you interact with, and clean, comfortable rooms. I hope you experience the stellar employees and avoid those that tell half-truths. I'm rather forgiving, and if you are, too, then this may be a bargain and you'll have a nice stay in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is actually a three-floored area of a hospital building, in an area of tel aviv in the middle of nowhere. It doesnt have a hall or a place were to wait or have a drink except for the business lounge which you pay for. The staff is the most unfriendly ever. Anonymous and detached. The quality of the rooms is decent but far low for a 4 stars hotel.
One episode explains everything: at check out there were lots of bottles from the room fridge counted to be paid. When we told the receptionist that we just put few of them off from the fridge to put in a bottle of wine -and then put them in again- we've been told with such an indifference: "oh ok so you have to pay the rental of the fridge, it's 10 dollars". No comment.
The wifi into the room is to be paid as written in the site, but they don't tell you that there's a free wifi just downstairs in the mall.
I'd never go there again.

• Stayed August 2011
vitalhotel, Manager at Vital Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.
Our main goal is to offer our guests the highest level of service and an enjoyable hosting experience.
Regrettably, we have missed this goal upon your recent visit in our hotel and we wish to apologies for that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.
Having said all that, it is important to emphasis the accuracy of some of the things you have mentioned.
The hotel is not a part of a hospital and does not related to a hospital at any way.
The hotel is located in the center of Tel Aviv next to various sites (some of them are within walking distance of 2 minuets) such as the Tel Aviv Opera House, Tel Aviv Museum, the well known "kikar Hamedina" boutique shops, the Israel trade fairs & conventions center , Weizman mall and also a health center.
Most of our guests finds our location to be a great advantaged since we are well located and close to all the cultural and sports interests of Tel Aviv.
We offer free WiFi connection in the rooms and a free entrance to our business lounge to most of our guests.
In our endless attempt to appeal to all types of visitors we also offer special terms reservations for very special rates.
It is possible that you have booked one of our advanced purchase rooms: a Junior room for a discounted rate without free entrance to the lounge and without free WiFi.

We wish to thank you again for choosing to stay with us on your most recent stay and shall be thankful if you could consider to visit us again in order to change your bitter impression.

Kind regards,

Vital Tel Aviv
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Vital Hotel is truly a rare find. It offers excellent value for money, with the quality of its rooms and level of friendly, professional service exceeding many of the more expensive hotels in Tel Aviv. Being a business visitor, I especially like the fact that wi-fi is complimentary. There is also a business lounge on the 12th floor with a great view, several good newspapers, and a spread of drinks and snacks all day. While the computer terminals up there tend to be frustratingly slow, Internet connectivity is generally very reliable in the room.

My first stay was in June this year. I had a huge room with a kitchenette equipped with sink and microwave oven. I found it so comfortable that I decided to stay there again in July. This time, my stay was for 20 days. This room didn't have the kitchenette so it was a bit smaller, but still spacious and as clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated as the other one. When I came down with the flu, I was thankful for the pharmacy and supermarket in the mall next door where I could get medication, fruits and water. A hotel staff also recommended an effective flu medication that helped me to get through a hectic week of work while I was ill. When I needed to go to Jerusalem for a meeting and found out that the train was not running, the same staff offered clear and accurate advice for catching the bus, and I made it to my meeting right on time.

A great convenience for me: taxis! They are plentiful in the area, as the hotel is right next to the Ichilov hospital and very centrally located. It's also an easy walk to the performing arts center and the Arlozrov station. Another wonderful feature is complimentary access to the full service gym in the mall, which offers cardio and resistance training machines, sauna and showers, as well as a good spread of group exercise classes and even personal training (probably for a fee). One issue for long-staying guests is the breakfast spread, which really doesn't vary by much at all. However, there is a small food court, cafe and kosher McDonald's at the mall next door.

Several reviews have mentioned the lovely staff at the front desk, and I agree that many of them have gone beyond the call of duty to make my stay comfortable and memorable too. From lending a sympathetic ear when I needed to vent after a tough day, to advice on bus routes, restaurants and day trips, or tracking down delayed baggage - no matter how busy they are, the Vital staff always find the time to help. One of them offered to call the dance center to enquire about ballet tickets on his day off because the center was closed when I tried to make a booking and I was in meetings all day on the day of the performance. Another staff got me into the Opera House for a choral performance when there were no more tickets for sale... Talk about Israeli chutzpah - the staff at the Vital have it in good measure!

I come to Israel often for business and the Vital has definitely become my home away from home.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a pantry if you need more space and a bath.
Nowhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was a nice hotel, but I was most impressed by the front desk staff, especially Dolly and Alex. They both went out of their way to help me make the most of my last day in Israel.

Eads
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Clean, quiet boutique hotel with nice business lounge. Not very near the beach if that is your thing, but centrally located. Helpful staff. Attached to a mall. Nice health club. Big selection at breakfast, but minimal variety from day to day if you are going to stay for several days. Rooms are small but sufficient. Walking distance to bus station and train station.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Very nice hotel. Located in the center of the city, close to every thing
Rooms are very nice and clean, staff is friendly
Not expensive at all

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Vital Hotel? Share your experiences!