“Terrible hotel - good location” 2 of 5 stars

Golden Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   56 Herbert Samuel, Tel Aviv 6330308, Israel   |
Ranked #79 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Patras, Greece
“Terrible hotel - good location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Old and dirty hotel. Was under renovation at the time of my stay (June 2011) and maybe has been improved since then. Not the best breakfast in the world but it is okay.

Excellent location in front of the beach.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Excellent location in front of the beach ,near restaurants ,shops etc.
Friendly and helpfull staff
A clean, pleasant touristclass hotel.
Value for money
We had a very good deal trough a travelagent in Amsterdam.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 10 nights in June. Considering what we payed, we didn't expect more than we actually got. All and all, this hotel is a good choice if you're not that fuzzy, and looking for an ok place to stay just next to the beach.

The breakfast buffet was great. The location was also great, we walked everywhere. The beach was only 1 minute away. The hotel on the other hand really needs renovation but they clean the rooms every day. We didn't have a balcony, which we didn't mind since the street on the other side is quite loud. Some guests are really loud and its seems like this hotel attracts all different types of travellers; couples(old and young), people travelling alone, families, locals, large groups etc.

If I'd be going to Tel Aviv again I would probably choose another hotel, but for this type of trip(cheap, fun, beach, relaxation), it was all we asked for. The value we got from this hotel was probably higher than the price we payed.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you accept it. All rooms att his hotel are different. We asked for a room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

im in israel for business and i decided to stay at this hotel after my friends from UN recommended it. i ordered the sea side room.
they let me in before check in time.
breakfast is great.
staff was nice to me also.
you can see that the building is old.
the street can get busy also but this is tel aviv...

i liked it, it suited all my needs, will come back.

Room Tip: choose sea side !!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed there three nights in three different rooms, that were dirty and humid. You can get a room with a sea view, which is nice, but also means that it's very noisy as the street on the beach front is a fast lane.

The first night I had a very tiny room with no safe, a minuscule bathroom (the toilet was practicallly in the shower) and a lot of humidity. I travelled to Jerusalem and then came back, when they put me in a much bigger room, infested with ants, flies and other insects. I asked to get another room, but they said that the hotel was fully booked, so I had no choice but to sleep there. I woke up the next morning full of insect bites. When asked for a discount, the manager refused to give any, claiming that he updgraded me to this room which had a view on the sea (something I had never asked for). The next night they moved me to another room which wasn't infested with insects.

I realised halfway through that I had stayed at the Deborah hotel of the same chain (Arcadia hotels) a few years ago, and had also had a dreadful experience. I would therefore not recommend any of their hotels as they're dirty, the service is dreadful, and frankly for what they're worth, they charge an extortionate price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved our stay for two weeks at the hotel ! Perfect location, balcony with view over the beach, nice breakfast and very nice staff. If I ever return to Tel Aviv again I will definetly stay at Golden beach hotel :)

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Oxon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have just stayed four nights at the Golden Beach, the rooms are pretty small and the bathroom very compact. On arrival the reception is very helpful and Marea was great when trying to sort out our confirmation of a flight. The rooms overlook the beach and it is a lovely view over the Med. There is quite a bit of traffic about as it is on a main road. breakfast is a continental style buffet. i will admit the hotel could do with a freshen up but being sea facing that affects it quite a bit. However to be in that location if I was there for a few days I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Beach? Share your experiences!