“Amazing staff - excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Shenkin Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Brener Street, Tel Aviv 63826, Israel   |
Ranked #9 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Jerusalem, Israel
“Amazing staff - excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

This boutique hotel has great location in the central of Tel Aviv.
Noa - the front desk manager welcomed us and was very friendly and kind.
I've been to more than a dozen hotels in Tel Aviv, this small hotel has definitely the best service !
The vibes and energy of the staff are amazing . Some of the best restaurants of the city are withing walking distance of 10 minutes from the hotel.
Although the rooms are a bit small- they are modern designed - very clean and the shower is great. The shampoo and body creams are luxurious.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Hebrew first
Berkeley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This small hotel in central Tel Aviv has small rooms that are comfortable, but minimalist. My room had a comfortable bed, but was a little small for comfort and would certainly have been too small had I not been traveling alone. The hotel has no attached restaurant, although a small patio area has a coffee machine and some tables and chairs. The room was not cheap, and given the price I found it a little on the drab side, although bright and new. The "boutique" label means that there is no fitness center, and no restaurant inside, no mini-bar in the room.

On the plus side, I found it distinctive and charming in its own way, a reasonably pleasant change from the large chain hotels on the beach. The staff are friendly. The hotel is on a quiet side street, but its a short walk to the beach and not too difficult to find a restaurant (I had a great meal at a restaurant that the front desk staff directed me to).

Bottom line: a somewhat spartan place to stay thats welcoming, clean and well lit. My average rating comes from the very small rooms and the lack of amenities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Shenkin Hotel is a very modern and, I believe, new boutique hotel. The design of the rooms and furniture is young, modern and charming. I really liked it! There is a nice lobby outside on the ground floor for warm drinks, it is cozy and welcoming. Unfortunately the weather was too bad for me to go upstairs and enjoy the rooftop terrace. Next time! On top of it, both the common areas and the rooms were really really clean place (something that can sometimes be difficult to find in the Middle East).
The room I had was a bit small, but it did not bother me as I did not spend that much time in the room. Anyway it has everything one can wish for: wifi, free local and international calls, Dead Sea bathroom products, hair dryer, etc.
The hotel location is perfect, in a quiet street 3 minutes walk from Shenkin and Allenby streets. Very close to shopping areas, close to the sea, public transportation is just around the corner. Perfect!!
Last but not least, the staff is fantastic!! Before arriving, they asked me whether there were anything they could do for me, they also offered me some help to get to Tel Aviv (I was stuck in Jerusalem because of the snow), they welcomed me with a glass of cava, upgraded me to a larger room and carried my bag upstairs. Later on they recommended a few places to go shopping, ordered a taxi to go to the airport. In a nutshell they were sweet, caring and lovely. They truly me made me feel home (which is really nice when one travels on one's own).
I would most definitely recommend staying at Shenkin and I will come back next time I am in Tel Aviv!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

It's a beautiful modern hotel in a very central position. I appreciated very much the kindness of staff, always ready to help in everything.
The room was a bit small bit. Very well cleaned every day! Free coffee and a selection of cookies fresh everyday!

• Stayed December 2013
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel is good (not very good but just good).

Staff is really kind and helpful.
Hotel has great location, a lot of interesting places is in walking distance (up to 20 min walk)
Roof is nicely arranged as lesure space.

Rooms are very small (I'm not sure if this is not usual becauce lot of places in Tel Aviv I found claustrophobic)
Breakfasts are served in restaurants that are 5min walk away from hotel

I do not know anything about pricinig, so it does not affect my opinion at all.

Personally I would give 3 the hotel stars (insted of 4), but I would still recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My colleagues and I went to Tel Aviv for a business trip and liked very much the neighboorhood of the hotel, the nice rooftop (which we unfortunately could use just 1 evening because of the bad weather) and the caring staff. Rooms werde clean and modern, WIFI and free internaional phone calls in all rooms. A perfect stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I like it all! It's a very nice, small boutique hotel in the old town of Tel-Aviv. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It was like having local friends. Thanks a lot!!! My room was quite small, but more than enough for one person. Very nice design. Breakfast was on site, for me perfect, it was an opportunity to see more of real Israel (which sometimes is missed in business trips). And the food was great. Location - it's in the old town, 10 minutes walking from the beach. A lot of nice places to eat around!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Shenkin Hotel? Share your experiences!