“An Amazing weekend at TLV” 5 of 5 stars

Alma Hotel & Lounge
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 Yavne Street, Tel Aviv, Israel   |
Ranked #28 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Hod HaSharon, Israel
“An Amazing weekend at TLV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The sales department of our comany spent the weekend at the Alma -hotel.

We enjoyed from the unique atmosphere of the hotel, the amazing rooms and the tasty breakfast.

The hotel is extremly well located on the famous Rotshild boulevard and therefore allows an easy acces to the heart of central Tel - Aviv

Hadas Leventer
Comasco
Israel

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IlanSturm, General Manager at Alma Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Hadas,
I would like to thank you, and please pass it on to your team, for choosing to stay at our fair hotel.
Your group was amazing and we are grateful for your kind words.
We will keep on doing our best and to give the best experience we can for our guests.
Hope to see you here in the near future.
Yours,
Ilan S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

What a place: beautiful, conveniently located and nice staff.

Stayed for 3 nights at this great boutique hotel. Amazing decor, including outside tables. All rooms are very well furnished, including very nice amenities.

Hotel is close to everything you need.

Staff is truly helpful and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Andrea,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and thanks for your kind word.
I will pass on your review to my team.
Hope to welcome your back here soon.
Ilan.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Another visit to the Alma hotel, this time in a much more quite room.
The dining experience is not as steady as it should be, but the location, service, rooms and breakfast are great.
All things considered, one of our preferred vacation sites in Israel.

Room Tip: Make sure it's quiet. This area is alive 24 hours a day.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IlanSturm, General Manager at Alma Hotel & Lounge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Tomer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review.

I'm glad to see that it is not your first time with us and on your next visit I will happy to upgrade you to a suite (send email me ilan.sturm@almahotel.co.il).

As for your dinning experience, this upcoming winter (starting Nov.) we will have the new and amazing winter menu, and I am sure you will enjoy it.

I want to update you that we have amended most of our rooms and suites with double glazing.

Hope to see you back soon.
Ilan.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was a beautiful little boutique hotel in the heart of Tel Aviv. Room service gets its food from the restaurant with an All Star Chef and the food was a delight -- far better than room service at the vast majority of hotels. I also enjoyed the little terrace. The room was on the small side but the terrace made it feel more spacious. The service was fantastic. The only minor complaint is that the light and cooling system were a little too high tech. I had to unplug the lamps by the bed because I could not figure out how to turn them off at night. Another night I couldn't figure out how to get the room cooler but it turned out that the controls were broken so there was no way to make the room cooler. They offered me another room but it was late and I was leaving early so it made no sense to move. Nevertheless, I would still highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am glad to read that you enjoyed our room service. We are currently switching to our winter menu in preparation for the winter season so we would love to welcome you back to try a few new dishes from our all star chef, Yonatan Roshfeld.

At the Alma Hotel & Lounge it is our pleasure to give our friends, our guests a feeling of home. I take pride in the service we give to make sure that our guests have the most comfortable and pleasurable stay.

If you found the deluxe room which is 35 sqm. a bit small I would like to recommend that you stay in one of our executive suites which are 45 sqm.

I would be delighted to welcome you to The Alma Hotel & Lounge again.

Ilan Sturm
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I have travelled to Tel Aviv many times in the past few years. Finding superior yet quiet and calming hotel accommodations in that non-stop frenetic city is a primary concern of ours. We've stayed at the large hotels (the Dan & the Hilton) as well as another boutique hotel (the Montefiore) and I can say with utmost certainty that none of those come close to the experience we had at the Alma. Walking into the Alma we were warmly greeted, immediately shown to our beautiful room where we found welcoming treats, and had all questions regarding the hotel, daily breakfast, complimentary internet access, etc. clearly answered. The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Breakfast was terrific and all efforts were made to accommodate our wishes. The hotel is extremely well located for exploring Neve Tzedek, Jaffa, etc. Tel Aviv is a fun, wonderful city and calling the warm peaceful Alma Hotel home while we were there is something we will definitely repeat in the future.

Room Tip: We loved the Chocolate Room. Upgrading to the suite was a good move.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Here at The Alma Hotel & Lounge we enjoy giving our guests the experience that makes them feel the most at home. A quiet and calming stay is always one of our first priorities to our guests.

The rooms and suites at The Alma Hotel our each specifically designed to fit a different theme so we always enjoy bringing our guests to our beautiful rooms and making sure that their stay as delightful. Our staff is dedicated to welcoming our guests and making them feel at home.

As you pointed out our we our in the heart of the city so guests have an easy as well as enjoyable time experiencing the attractions, cafes and restaurants, and everything else the city has to offer.

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were originally booked at the Townhouse Hotel across the street, but they were overbooked, and we were upgraded to the Alma Hotel. Want a quaint boutique hotel. The room was wonderful and the breakfast was incredible. You have to try the eggs benedict with salmon. We did, however, have a small complaint that falls under form over function. There was not sufficient drawer space and we had to use our suitcases for drawers. This situation would have been fine if we were in Tel Aviv for a weekend but we had been travelling for over 2 weeks and had quite a bit of luggage. This was a minor inconvenience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Alma Hotel & Lounge. I am glad that we had the opportunity to accommodate you at The Alma Hotel & Lounge after being upgraded from Townhouse.

Our All Star Chef restaurant, by one of Israel's top chef, Yonatan Roshfeld is one of the parts that give our guests a special experience. A culinary experience with great dishes from different kitchens from around the world is an experience that we take pride in and make sure that our guests enjoy.

I am sorry to hear about the insufficient drawer space but I can recommend the suite for your next stay which will accommodate more closet space.

I hope I can welcome you to another stay at The Alma Hotel & Lounge.

Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

After reading the other very positive reviews I chose Alma Hotel & Lounge for my two nights weekend trip to Tel Aviv despite of the price of 400 USD per night because I wanted to pamper myself a little bit. As my expectations where very high based on the reviews and the website pictures and I found myself pretty disappointed when I first entered the room: yes, the design is very nice but the room was tiny and on ground level! Basically the room was filled with the integrated Bathroom and a giant bed which left little space to move, being in the room means more or less to lie on the bed. Of course on ground level there is no real balcony so if you open the shades to let some light in or step in front of the "balcony door" you find yourself directly on the pass walk with people walking by and staring at your bed. That was a very uncomfortable experience as it forced us to stay inside a dark room with closed shades instead of enjoying a coffee in the sunlight. On the plus side the breakfast was indeed very delicious, the rooms spotlessly clean and the service very friendly and welcoming. But when five people come during ten minutes to ask you if you wanted something to drink but at the end nobody actually serves it and you have to ask them again it is not exactly my definition of excellence. I am not sure if I will come again to Alma - but if this is rated as the no 1 of Tel Aviv B&B I am a little bit scared of what to expect elsewhere... My recommendation: come and find out yourself, it was still a very pleasant stay, but make sure in advance that you will not end up in one of the three ground level rooms, they are definitely not worthy the high price!

• Stayed May 2013
I am glad you had a delightful stay at The Alma Hotel & Lounge. I like to make sure that our guests receive the special experience we enjoy giving.

I recommend reserving a suite on your next stay so you can enjoy a bigger room and a sunlit terrace.

Our location is in the heart of the city making it easy of reach to main attractions, coffee houses and restaurants, and everything else great the city has to offer.

I'm sorry to hear that the ground level room did not fit your needs but I would be happy to accommodate you in an upper level room so we can make your stay comfortable and pleasurable next time.

Ilan

Been to Alma Hotel & Lounge? Share your experiences!