“A Tel Aviv Landmark” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Milan, Italy
“A Tel Aviv Landmark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have been going to Mersand ever since I was a kid, and it hasn't changed really. In the afternoon you see the 'Yeke' ladies having their tea while gossiping in Yiddish, at night the crowd is quite heterogeneous, yet you get the feeling that everyone knows each other. I particularly enjoy their breakfasts ('A Galilee for me') and though I always sit outside, I also love their vintage and now ultra stylish interiors, with their genuine mid century modern iron furniture which I hope that they will never sell (but if they do I'll buy them in an instant). I noticed a particularly cool crowd (with correspondingly ultra cool music being played) on Friday afternoons just before Shabbat. I truly think that the Tel Aviv municipality should give them an award for enduring in their timeless style in times where everything changes at the bat of an eyelash.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Buenos Aires, Argentina
“The best place to have breakfast downtown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed twice in Tel Aviv close to Cafe Mersand and I made myself a frequent client for my morning coffee. Amazing sandwiches, fast and nice service, one of the better place to sit outside and watch people come and go. Highgly recommendable!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Very nice cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very nice coffee, and probably the only one in whole Tel-Aviv open since early morning (7:30). Many types of cheap, good coffee and very delicious homemade cake.

• Visited September 2012