“Everything You Need in Tel Aviv” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gordon Inn

You added Gordon Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Gordon Street 17, Tel Aviv 63438, Israel   |
Moscow, Russia
“Everything You Need in Tel Aviv”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my first time travelling to the Middle East but the staff and especially the owner did a great job of making me feel right at home! :) The breakfast was great, the rooftop view is incredible and it was close enough to the beach for easy access while still being far enough away for some peace and tranquility. Thanks for a great introduction to Israel! :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review and kind word!
It's great to hear that we could help you during your stay and making it more comfortable.
We are very pleased to know you felt right at home and enjoyed your stay, we do try our best to make you feel just that!

Thanks again.
Hopes to see you next time!

Gilad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I loved Gordon Inn! The staff was amazing, friendly, open and fun to be around, especially Justin!
The rooms are great, the beds are comfortable and everything is clean. The breakfast is diverse and delicious. The kitchen is always open so you can also cook food for yourself which very useful.
I really recommend this hostel to anyone, it is not only a pleasant place to stay in but also a great experience to meet new and interesting people. It´s only a few minute walk to the beach, you have shops and grocery stores around, so the location is really good!
I´m really looking forward to coming back soon!
-T

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GordonInn, Receptionist at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your valuable feedback. You're right, Justin is a talented and wonderful receptionist. He's also extremely humble. We're glad you took the time to enjoy all of our commodities -- the kitchen, location, and staff.

Thank you again for the perfect review -- we hope to see you back in Tel Aviv soon!

Ori
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

If you are not looking for a luxury place, this hostel has everything you need. My friend and I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom, it was clean, had towels, closet, table, chair, mirror, in average standard but everything you need. They welcome you very very friendly and ready to help you about anything. They also have breakfast, and you can use the kitchen whenever you want. The location is just perfect. 2 min walk to Dizengoff street and 2 min walk to the beach, have a taxi station across the hostel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GordonInn, Receptionist at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear guest,

We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy that you enjoyed the accommodations that we have to offer. It is also good to hear that you took advantage of our helpful and knowledgeable staff. We hope to see you next time you're in Tel Aviv!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Me and my daughter from Norway, near by Oslo was there for one week. What a wonderful place and staff. Justin! I'm a believer :-) The breakfast could be better but what a nice place to stay. I can come again and everything was nearby.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GordonInn, Public Relations Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! It is crucial to us improving the experience for our guests. We are also about to upgrade our breakfast so next time you are here you can let us know what you think!

Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We liked the location and thought the boys in the reception to be friendly and helpful. This said, the place is dangerously close to becoming a dump and need some serious renovating. Everything seems to be falling apart or is temporarily fixed. Day old danish pastry and unimaginable coffee makes up the bulk of the breakfast. We did feel the place had a certain charm and is ofcourse relatively inexpensive.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad you enjoyed our helpful staff and our location. Just to let you know, we are in the process of upgrading our breakfast. We are also working to make this place more aesthetically pleasing. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you next time you are in Tel Aviv!

Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

If you are looking for a luxury hotel then stay in one. If you are looking at the Gordon Inn it's likely you are looking to save some money and this is an excellent option for that. Friendly staff, great location and the breakfast is actually pretty good with several different pastries. Yes, the rooms are small, but if you've stayed in Manhattan or London your used to it, and yes it can be loud. Remember, this isn't a $250 a night room and there are other families or people trying to save money as well...families are loud, so are students who are travelling, as is Ben Yehuda Street....but you are a 2 minute walk from the beach for $65 a night! I found my room clean, and no signs of any bugs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
GordonInn, Manager at Gordon Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you for the review, and appreciate your detailed over view.
We very much appreciate your positive feedback. We're glad you enjoyed everything we have to offer, from our breakfast to the location to our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to seeing you next time in Israel.

Thanks again!

Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed three nights in a 4-bed dorm at the Gordon Inn. Justin, a young, friendly fellow, checked me in and even offered to carry my bag to my top-floor room (but I declined, giving thanks).

The hostel looks very old, but was reasonably clean (I’ve stayed in far worst). I think it’s best asset is its excellent location: one block from the beach and within walking distance or a short bus ride from many Tel Aviv attractions.

My very small room had two bunk beds facing the very busy Yehuda Street. I closed the window, which helped some, and used my Bose noise-canceling headphones, which helped a bit more. But in time the room became quite smelly with four guys sleeping in it, so we left the window open a bit and some smell left and some noise entered.

There were no lockers in the room, so I was a bit concerned about my belongings being stolen. I locked my luggage, hoping for “good luck.” The room was fairly small, but not really cramped.

The bed was comfortable enough and I slept fairly well. The bathrooms are small, but adequate with plenty of hot water. The hostel even provides a clean towel (as well as clean sheets and pillow case). In the morning the room was a bit smelly, but I simply opened a window to freshen up the room. After all, this is a hostel dormitory room, not a fancy (and expensive) hotel room.

There is a small terrace with worn but comfy seats on the top floor. I and other liked to relax there, especially during the day, even though there was plenty of street noise three floors below us. Because the terrace was close to my dorm room, people chatting loudly there at night can be bothersome and even awoke me about a half-dozen times. Finally, they went to their rooms to sleep, and so we all could sleep. That’s very typical of backpacker hostels, especially in large cities like Tel Aviv; however, Hosteling International has higher standards, which I’ve learned from over 50 years of hosteling in 127 countries.

The breakfast surprised me: plenty of croissants and other pastries galore. Excellent orange juice, muesli, jam, butter, coffee and tea -- all included in the $25-per-night dorm fee -- a good bargain in super expensive Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room facing Yehuda Street if you value sleeping well.