“Park Plaza Orchid - Good mid range choice” 4 of 5 stars

Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   79 Ha - Yarkon Street, Tel Aviv 63432, Israel   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book the best deals now!
Ranked #52 of 86 hotels in Tel Aviv
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Park Plaza Orchid - Good mid range choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed in the Park Plaza Orchid on a recent business trip. Was given one of the small single 'panic rooms' in the older and smaller of the hotels two towers (built into a reinforced concrete section at the side of the tower). The room was small but adequate (for a single person on a short business stay but maybe too small for a long vacation), and had the advantage of being very quite! Comfortable bed, good shower, excellent WIFI in the room, didn't use the free international calls but seems like a nice extra. The hotel was in a great location for the beach (not that I had time) and local shops and amenities. The staff were efficient (but could be more welcoming!) Good mid range choice for business travellers.

Room Tip: Try one of the nearby coffee shops or cafes and avoid the additional charge for breakfast
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
lauren z, Manager at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our Hotel rooms , staff and services.
We are very happy to know you enjoyed the complimentary service of bicycle rental.
We are offering several categories of rooms from Standard rooms with city view up to luxury suites.

428 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
lincolnshire, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was booked into this room by my client who assured me that hotel would look after me despite the reviews from other business travellers on this site. I was booked into a superior room with free wifi and access to the executive lounge which meant that I would be able to work in the evenigs when I returned from my client site. Something that is critical to me. The photo of a superior room in their website looked fine.

The room I was allocated was room 1423 and my colleague was allocated 923. These rooms appear to be converted from a lift shaft or maintenance rooms as they have metal doors outside the normal doors and very small windows, see photos. They are next to the lifts so you can hear the lifts all the time. My colleague arrived before me and went straight to reception to complain about the room and asked to be changed. They told her that she could move but it would cost an extra $50 per night which was unacceptable. There was no manager available when she asked to speak to one.

The room was claustraphobic so I tried to work in the Executive Lounge but was unable to access wifi in the lounge.

On some days I did not get my towels replaced, they removed the dirty ones but did not get me fresh ones so I was left with only 1 towel. My sheets were not changed at all during the stay.

When I spoke to reception about this, they did not apologise but noted the room number and issue on a piece of paper but did nothing with it as I still did not get the towels or fresh sheets.

One day I returned from the office early and, as it was still sunny, tried to use the pool only to find it was closed and as others have mentioned, very small.

On the plus side, the hotel is next to the beach and near some nice restaurants. The breakfact lounge is bright and overlooks the beach and the selection of food is good. Free international calls is also good but sometimes there are not enough circuits to make a call and you may have to wait.

I will not be returning and have advised my client not to book other people in this hotel as the lelve of service for regular travellers is appalling.

Room Tip: Avoid any room ending in 23. They are small rooms with very small windows and very near th lifts so...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PPOrchidgm, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear YorkShireman,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv Hotel.
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
Like the other Park Plaza Hotels we are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may had.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had the unpleasantnes of having to stay at Park Plaza Orchid in Tel Aviv. Upon arrival I was not even greated with a welcome nor was I recognised as a Club Carlson Gold Card holder. I was given room 923. I went up to my room and immediately went down to reception as I refused to stay in a broom cupboard. Room 923 is build into some kind of old elevator shaft, the room is so small that you can hardly fit yourself and your suitcase in the room. I told the reception that the room was claustophobic and that I refused to stay in it. I asked how much it would be to upgrade to a room with a balcony.

The girl on the desk doesn't even answer me, just says something in hebrew to a male collague who in turn keys in something on the computer, changes my room to 916, gives me the key and tells med the rate will be another $20/night. As I asked for a room with balcony, this is what I expect to be given. I go up to the room and is dissappointed again. The room is slightly larger than the previous room but nothing else. I go down to reception again and asks what is going on. The reply I get is that the hotel is full! Now why didn't they tell me that the previous time I went down and asked for a new room. Further more the girl tries to imply that I was given the "larger" room complimentary, which was wrong as they charged me $20. Without any options I decide to stay as it is only for two nights and I will be working most of the time.

Later in the day after a walk, I go to the pool bar to order a refreshment. There are call buttons on each table saying press to get service... well guess what, no one replies to the calls. After pressing 3 times and waiting 15 minutes I give up.

The room in general is very poorly cleaned. There is dust everywhere along skirtingboards and in corners. The bathroom is full of mould and there are paint stains all over the place. The breakfast buffet is a joke, it consists mainly of a sallad bar, some cheese and fish. There is no meat. The other guests, mainly locals, fight there way around the buffet and behave like they have not seen food before.

Again upon check-out, not a query if I enjoyed my stay nor any "welcome back". The hotel staff are truly miserable and unproffessional. This is not a 4 star premise intended for business travellers, it is possibly a 3- tourist accommodation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Holppis,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv Hotel.
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you may had.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was me (age 23) and my sisther (age 24) who stayed at the hotel. My impresion was god. The rooms was clean, the service was OK. Wery quiet and nice. The area around the hotel was a bit loud, with the road right outside the hotel door. I would like to go there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed in the Park Plaza for 5 nights in September. Check in very efficient. First impression of room was it was a little small but spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. Very comfy bed and good selection of toiletries.Breakfast buffet had lots of choice both hot and cold.
We didn't use the pool or bar area as the beautiful beach with all facilities was just across the road.
We took advantage of the free international phone calls from the room but decided against the free bike hire. Although there is a cycle path along the sea front it did seem to get quite busy.
This hotel was booked randomly on the internet and we were pleased with our choice. Would certainly stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Is this the best hotel in tel aviv no, but the rooms are clean with comfy beds, a mini bar and a bath, as well as a gym on site and a view to die for across the beach
The restaurant is not great for an evening meal, but there are loads on the promenade. Breakfast is good though.

I have stayed here now a couple of times and certainly will use it again especially a to have this view in any other hotel would be much more costly.

One criticism the staff whilst polite could be a little more friendly

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Capitola, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Park Plaza Orchid (also known as the Yamit to locals and taxi drivers) is a medium priced hotel on the beach in Tel Aviv. It's not as pricey as the larger hotels to the north and south of it, and if you can get a room in the front tower it has super views of Tel Aviv beach which is an excellent beach.

If you get put in the rear tower then the views are less predictable and it might be better to book a lower cost hotel the other side of Hyarkon street as the views are about equivalent and the prices are about 10% lower.

The lobby has been recently refurbished, with nice views of the beach, and the desk staff are mostly friendly and courteous. Parking is below the hotel and spots are tight and not for the faint hearted. Parking is 55NIS per day and you can come and go as you wish.

The rooms and bathrooms are a nice size. Maid service is spotty. Two days on my stay they forgot hand towels, and they never replenish the free tea/coffee. You can get this by asking the front desk, so it's not a big deal. The room was kept clean which is the most important thing.

The breakfast buffet is mediterranean and OK. Try the fresh-squeezed orange juice in season.

Like many of these hotels they have a fridge in the room but it's an automatic vending fridge so there is no way to keep your own drinks cold. I think that's a bit mean. It's OK if you like coke and are willing to pay over $4 for a can, but I don't and won't..There is a convenience store across Hyarkon street where they charge slightly less outrageous prices. You can't miss the bright lights!

The internet is good and reasonable bandwidth. The free international calls are a nice benefit.

I recommend that you borrow one of the free bikes and take a ride along the sea front to the harbor and Jaffa. They don't have bike helmets for loan which is a problem I think. It's really busy on the bike paths and if you are not a regular cyclist it could end in tears. Bring your own if you want to borrow a bike.

My favorite thing to do here is to go to the fleamarket in Jaffa. Go on Thursday evening. Great restaurants all along the beach. Favorite restauarnt is Benny the Fisherman in the old Tel Aviv harbor.

Happy traveling....

Room Tip: Try to get a room in thr front tower. They may be a premium price (I don't know) but the views a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Been to Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!