I stayed in this hostel for a night in June 2010.
From my impression of the hostel, some other reviews on tripadvisor about this hostel seem to be written by the staff to boost the reputation of the place.
Let me first state a few pros of this hostel:
1) it is centrally located, only one block from the beach
2) friendly young staff
3) free internet
4) rudimentary clean: clean floor, clean bed sheets, but smelly mattress.
On the negative side are some other quantities, like
1) non functioning windows, which could fall out any moment.
2) no elevator, only stairs
3) party life in some rooms lasts well into the wee hours
4) no breakfast
5) I payed 350 NIS for a night in single room without private bathroom. Which is relatively expensive, but I guess if you market it to US college students on the internet as the "coolest place in Tel Aviv" you could charge almost any price
It is an o.k. place to stay if you want to live next to the beach party or have no alternative because other places are full.
However, if you value quit, sleep friendly rooms, prefer breakfast and do not want to lift your luggage to the 3 floor, be sure to look for alternatives.
- Also Known As:
- Hayarkon 48 Hotel
- Hayarkon 48 Hotel Tel Aviv
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Hayarkon 48 Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.