“Close to the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Hayarkon 48 Hostel
48 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv, Israel   |
“Close to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hostel was reccomended in Lonely Planet. It is easy to find, it is close to the beach, you have free wlan and the staff is friendly and helps with information for busses etc. I only stayed one night in a single room... It was a simple room, but clean and with air condition... I am going to stay there again...

• Stayed September 2013
H48, General Manager at Hayarkon 48 Hostel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Hi Enna! Thank you so much for the kind words, we do work very hard so everything will be pleasant and to your comfort. We do hope to see you again for another great vacation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Taichung, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have traveled in Tel Aviv from Agu. 21 to 24, 2013.
This hostel I’ve chosed is pretty suitable for the tourists who want to take a good standar rest, or want to look around Tel Aviv easier.
As this lovely hostel just locates not far away from the impressive beach, it is very convenient to have a fun time playing on the beach.
The environment in this hostel is clean, facilties are nice, service is wonderful.
If you want to taste something new, just come to Hayarkon 48 Hostel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Wang Ting! Thank you so much for your kind words! It is always good to know that our efforts to make your vacation a bit better, works. Hope to see you again and may all travelers will feel the same as you!
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I'm glad I've had the chance to travel to a lot of places from south america to asia, including europe and middle east. I'm from Portugal and I'm living in Hong-kong. I always stay in dorms and after staying in many of them, Hayarkon is one of my favorites. The staff there is amazingly friendly, always ready to give you a hand and doing everything to help you enjoy your trip. The place is really clean, and above everything it has an excellent vibe. Of course it also has it's downsides, sometimes is a little too noisy but that's what happens when everyone is so excited just enjoying their time...and they will provide you with ear plugs so don't worry! I've slept in this place more than 20 nights and I expect to return. I've met here some of the most amazing people I've ever known and I can only say...thank you! keep with the good work! cheers fernando

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fernando! We are extremely happy that you had a good experience throughout your stay. Thank you for your kind words. We do try our best to hit the spot and help everyone with their own unique experience.

Hope to see you again soon and that you will enjoy it even more!
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

i was a bit nervous booking this hostel, since there are not only good reviews and i was traveling all by myself as a girl. After staying there i have to say that since i have already seen quite a view hostels all over the world, the Hayarkon 48 is definitely one of the best ones. Everything was very clean (shower, toilett, bed, rooms, bedsheets...), i always had hot water in the shower, nice roommates, the staff is very friendly, always wiling to help you and answear all different kinds of questions. The location is also great, you are at the beach in a twominute walk, i walked everywhere.... Another thing that might be important for girls traveling by themselfes: i always felt very safe there! Priceways, i think you get a good deal for your money..... Well, what can i say? I am sure you will not be dissapointed!! In no way!!!

Room Tip: i slept in a dorm only with girls... always got a good night sleep!
Dear Maja!

We just wanted to thank you for your review!
We are very happy to decide to take a chance with us and that the bad expectation was not lived up to! We hope to see you again and improve even more and that all travellers will be brave as you =)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hayarkon is full of people who are in Israel for the same thing; to experience all that the country has to offer, from it's culture, politics, history and historical sites.

The hostel is in a prime location, about a 120 second walk to the beach, on a good day but if the traffic lights are against you, then please let for 180 seconds instead.
It is also located in a perfect walking distance from the shops, the market place, shopping centres, cafes and restaurants. What more could you possibly want?

The staff were excellent on my experience and being quite an inclusive kind of person anyway, I developed great and lasting friendships with them.

They were attentive to my every request, be that to wash clothes, or simply asking them for directions to places in and around the city of Tel Aviv, where the Hostel is situated.
I met wonderful, like-minded co-travellers from literally all over the world which added to my experience.

I stayed in a private room which I encourage you to do if you have a bit more to spend than your average traveller, it makes for a less stressful sleeping, showering and waking up experience.

I totally recommend this hostel to every man and his dog.

Room Tip: Choosing the private room is key, unless you're with a group of people. But the dorms are in v...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Jared! What a great way to describe the distance to the beach =) so true!
We wanted to thank you for your review, the details are important to us as well and we do try very hard to help you with all you need. It is great to know that we succeeded!

Hope to see you back again with new surprises!
Fredrikstad, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were extremely pleased with our stay at Hayarkon 48. The rooms have good AC (so necessary when traveling during the summer months), are spacious enough and exactly what you expect from a hostel. The rooftop is nice for those who like to spend time at the hostel and hang out with other travelers (though we did little of this). I also liked that there were individual showers and very seldom a line to either toilets or showers. Toilets also always seemed to have toilet paper, which was impressive. It's location cannot be argued with - it is optimal for a fun stay in Tel Aviv. Easy to find, close to everything (including the beach!).

The staff were super helpful and friendly, and I could recommend the place solely because of their hospitality and willingness to help travelers staying at the hostel.

My only criticism is the breakfast. I have never been as disappointed by a breakfast at a breakfast-included hostel. "Breakfast included" seems to be an exaggeration for what you actually get. I suggest that you buy some bread and stuff at a market, label it and keep it in the fridge.

I probably should mention that we were out most nights and evenings so we have no idea what this hostel is like if you want to go to bed at 22.00. I suspect it won't be very favorable sleeping conditions

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Staff is very nice and flexible, a lot of different activities organized by hostel, great atmosphere, very good location, AC works well in the room, WI-Fi is working well in the room, nice balcony at the top of the building, good kitchen, big TV in the social room etc.

Room Tip: There are rooms with balcony and without, but if you won't spend time there anyway :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hayarkon 48 Hostel? Share your experiences!