“Triple room” 4 of 5 stars

Hayarkon 48 Hostel
48 Hayarkon Street, Tel Aviv, Israel   |
“Triple room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We rent a triple room for three nights, breakfast included.
Very good hostel, near from the beach, nice people, very clean room.
Good services!
Very good price. Staff very disposable and open-minded.
One deception : the breakfast, just bread, butter, Nutella and hot beverages.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Room and price were fine; facilities were clean; common area was nice; wifi worked well; staff was super friendly; and the location was GREAT. The general atmosphere is quite casual, which might freak out more skittish passengers in regards to the security of their belongings - but then, locks and lockers are very readily available, so that should really be no problem. Highly recommended, especially if you plan on spending time at the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The only good thing about this hostel is its location by the beach!!!! We had paid for a dorm with a/c which is what we got but the rooms aren't great... and are very expensive for what you get. We did ask to move rooms but there was nothing else available. We possibly drew the short straw, we were in room 37 which was on the top floor and other people staying there said that that was by far the worst room in the hostel! The rooms were bad enough to make us move hostel its the little things about this place which got on our nerves. Firstly I have never been to a hostel anywhere in the world where you couldn't use your own padlock on safety lockers!!! So we had to pay a daily rate for a safe for our valuables, I have also never been to a hostel where there wasn't a free luggage room for the day of departure... So again we had to pay to put our rucksacks in a big locker for the day! As our flight was in the evening we spent the day at the beach and wanted a shower back at the hostel... Again I have never been to a hostel where I haven't been able to use the shower on the day of check out... But we were expected to pay for that too! The staff weren't great either, they never seemed like they wanted to be there and it took them ages to acknowledge that you were waiting at the desk! They just weren't friendly in general!

Honestly, the facilities are ok! Its just all the added extra cost that we weren't happy with... Its not traveller friendly in my opinion!

Room Tip: If you get given room 37 ask for a better room! From what we saw it was the worst room in the hostel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
H48, Manager at Hayarkon 48 Hostel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hi Lauren,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that this is the impression you got from hour hostel which is for sure not the kind of place we are nor intend to be. Regarding the room, as in every hostel, there are rooms which are considered to be better than others and this is subjective to each person. There are plenty of c\people who like room 37 since it's quiet and big, I am sorry you did not like this specific room and I hope you understand that during the summer the hostel is packed and it usually makes it impossible to change rooms in the same day.
About the safety boxes, since they are not in the room but in the reception area (so that people can use them after check out as well) we need to keep track of who is using each safe and for how long they're staying; we discovered that the only way for people to register is if they come and pay for it, and the fee it's ridiculous, the minimum it could be: 1 shekel a day (about 0.25 USD a day). We ask people to use our locks since they are very good and there is no way to break into the safe, it's for our guests' own security.
Same thing about the lockers, you are offered to leave the luggage in the TV room free of charge for as long as you need but if you want to keep the luggage in your own locker after you have checked out, you do need to pay, I am sorry but we cannot have 100+ lockers for everyone after check out and this is why we offer the TV room option.

I am really sorry that you left with a bad impression of our hostel. Believe me, I will take your review into consideration since we try to improve in every way we can. I hope in the future you get to come back to the hostel and have a better experience.

All the best,

Liat
thun
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

it's a pretty cool place with an amazing stuff working there. They are very helpful in ever way you can imagine.

If you need to know anything about TLV you can aks the stuff at any time of the day. The reception is open 24/7 whitch is a huge plus in TLV!

I will return thats for sure!

Thank you guys for make my stay so relaxed.

The dorm was very clean and i felt pretty safe all the time. So sure, i will return.

Beside, there are a few thing i didn't like that much (may because of securtiy rules) it would be amazing, if you can bring guests up to the rooftop for starting the night with a beer and a cigarette, but that was unfortunatly impossible...:-(

anyway...i had a good time and TLV was mind-blowing as usual!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff so helpful, our objective is always to provide the best service as possible.

Regarding the roof, we know it would be great if non-guests could also be allowed upstairs but as you said for security reasons, it is not possible. Who knows, it might change in the future!

We hope to see you again soon!
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'll be honest and say i spent very little time in the hostel itself but the location was really good, my room was clean and comfortable. The wifi worked well and check-in was painless :-) Hot water in the showers so really I have no complaints at all :-)

Room Tip: I stayed in a private room. It was quite expensive but as my one luxuary night of my trip it was cer...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
H48, Manager at Hayarkon 48 Hostel, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
It's hard not to spend most your time outside in Tel Aviv during the summer, especially when the hostel is one block away from the beach! We are happy you enjoyed the time you spent at the hostel and were satisfied with the services and the room you got!

We hope to see you again soon!
Upminster, Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I planned to spend four days in Tel Aviv, after some great nights at this hostel I ended up staying three weeks! The hostel is a great place for solo travelers. The clientele is a great mix of young and old and I found people really friendly. The location is outstanding, just steps from the beach and in the center of the city. It's really easy to get around from there. Rooms were simple but clean and great value for somewhere so central.
This hostels selling point should be its staff! They were always on hand to offer suggestions for trips, nightlife, restaurants and so much more and the cleaning staff were there every day. I found the receptionist Yaron extremely helpful after he took the time to help me plan my trip and track down my lost passport!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

It's kitty corner from the beach; great stainless steel commercial kitchen with four tables and a eating counter. Lockers are available and the air conditioning was strong and always being cleaned.

It was not a super party hostel with loud drinking or excess partying into the night. However age 25 female from Toronto picked up a date and was having SEX in the upper bunk above. The sand is walkable with bare feet and the sea water was always warm to go out to see the sunset.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
H48, Manager at Hayarkon 48 Hostel, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for your review and the title! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we are sorry about the room mate experience.

Hope to see you soon with us again!

Been to Hayarkon 48 Hostel? Share your experiences!