“a great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 88 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Great Neck, New York
“a great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We visited Israel last month (July, '14) for over 2 weeks, beginning and ending our trip in Tel Aviv, and in Tel Aviv we stayed at the Sheraton. It was perfect for our needs. Nice, clean, recently renovated rooms, upgraded to "club" access, great Israeli breakfast, spacious outdoor pool, and on the Mediterranean Sea. The staff, at all levels was polite, helpful and efficient. We had some occasions to use the "shelter," and the staff was reassuring and handled those occasions calmly. When making the reservation, i mentioned that it was our 40th anniversary, which was actually true. We we got situated in our room, the hotel delivered fruit, a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine. Classy move!
We stayed at 3 other hotels in Israel, all with 4 or 5 stars, but the Sheraton Tel Aviv was our favorite.

Room Tip: a great Sheraton!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear rmroisman:
Thank you for your positive review and we would like to once again congratulate you on your 40th anniversary.
We are thrilled to hear that enjoyed your two weeks stay with us, from your renovated room with Club access, to the outdoor pool, to the Israeli breakfast and most of all our staff that were polite, helpful and efficient.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another “great stay”.
Warm regarrds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Hebrew first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Wanted the amenities of a 5 star at a decent price in the best location. And this was it.

Room a bit basic, but always clean with a double daily service. Direct beach access and clean beach towels made our holiday an easy and comfortable one.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear LQM1507:
Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our 5-star amenities in the best location.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another great stay.
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

First off. Thank you to Efrat Negev, Adi, Mazal, Ron & Lior, yair, Hila grindbaum, Adam who gives out towels at the pool, din the lifeguard, ruthi & Zohar at the pool restaurant. Miki one of the managers. Trang in the breakfast buffet and all the other staff that I did not mention. Not only did I have the most lovely time. I truly feel like I am part of a family at the Sheraton tel aviv. I am sorry for those I did not mention but I love you all. Israel is the most lovely place for a trip. It is my last night. Been here for 3 weeks and I don't want to leave. I feel so safe and wish that everyone chooses this place for their next trip. Best spot summer 2014 Sheraton tel aviv hotel. 5***** all the way. I know that the media has some views about Israel with the fighting in gaza but that can't stop you from having the summer of your life. Never felt more safe. Great for singles. For couples. And families. Experience of a lifetime. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear josephmontrealcanada:
We are thrilled to know that you had a lifetime experience at the Sheraton Tel Aviv. It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, pool restaurant, breakfast, and most of all our staff. We would like to thank you for complimenting our staff members by name and we will be delighted to let them know how they made such a positive impact on your stay.
Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back.
So Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Tel Aviv for the 2 nights over the weekend. I was there with my wife and 5 year old and got another room for my Dad and his wife to join us. This was the second time I've stayed at this hotel and I am writing now to share what a better experience I had.
I am a platinum SPG member which does offer certain advantages over had I just booked this on my own, regardless the hotel staff was beyond accommodating to our needs. Even though I booked two standard rooms, they upgraded my room to a nicely remodeled Club suite on the 20th floor which offered stunning Ocean and city views, while upgrading my father to a front ocean view room.
The hotel was probably a little more quiet while we were there due to the unfortunate war that was going on, but it in no way impeded the staff from being helpful, courteous and professional. We were always greeted with smiles and everyone did their best to make us feel welcome.
The pool area was kept very clean and there were always chairs available to sit at and the beautiful Mediterranean sea was right across the street. We enjoyed having access to the 18th floor club level, where there was always cold and hot drink available as well as a great breakfast and different snacks throughout the day.
I do want to especially single our Henry from the Front Desk, who I felt went above and beyond, but really every part of the staff was great.
While the Hotel from the outside may look a little older, the rooms we had, have been nicely remodeled, the location is amazing and the staff was awesome.
I definitely plan on staying at this hotel again if we are to come back to Israel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear JZ25:
We are delighted to read of your recent stay at the Sheraton Tel Aviv and how our staff greeted you with smiles and did their best to make you feel welcome, and that you enjoyed your remodelled room with stunning Ocean and city views followed by a great breakfast and the food offerings in the Club Lounge.
We would like thank you for complimenting Henry from the Front Desk who will be content indeed in being recognized for his service excellence toward our valued guests.
We are pleased to read that the hotel location was amazing and that you will stay with us again if you come back to Israel.
Warm regards
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived in the middle of a war but the hotel was prepared. At check in we were given a page with what to do if, and also we were told. At the pool, when the sirens went off we rushed to a secure area but noticed others just ignored it, so the staff grabbed them and we all went to the safe area. At the safe area, drinks were offered and there was a large screen tv to watch the Iron Dome shoot down the Gaza rockets. Staff was exceptionally kind and understanding. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the beach on an upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear BedbugPhobile:
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. Your great comments regarding the hotel's safety and security measures and the employees are highly appreciated.
Our aim is to provide our guests with a memorable experience and we are delighted to read that we were able to leave a positive experience.
Great to hear that you will come back in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

really disappointing stay.....first, I was given a handicap room despite just traveling 30 hours to get there and being a Gold member. Had to wait too long for the room to be changed. Next, towels and amenities are pathetic..worst iron and ironing board that I have ever seen..towels were like sandpaper and inexpensive. Nol less than 4 times, I was inconvenienced and questioned about guests that came to visit me from Holon. Two women were denied access to the pool to visit me despite the fact that they would have eaten lunch and had drinks. Would have benefited the hotel. I cannot have friends over? Am I 8 years old? I had two rooms and a total of three staying guests but we were questioned several times and told that we cannot have more towels at the pool. DISGRACE.
FINALLY, the restaurant was closed on Saturday and Sunday...kinda terrible since i was there for only three days. I can understand (MAYBE) being closed for Shabbat....but not on Sunday. Could not even use a free breakfast coupon since the restaurant was closed and then the bar lounge would not honor the coupon for a croissant!

Room Tip: stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
sheratonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Deigs:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay.
It is sincerely disappointing for us to hear that you found the hotel not up to your expectations.
The pool is a facility for hotel guests only. Due to occupancy restrictions and limited number of sunbeds in our pool area, we are unfortunately not able to accommodate non residents at our pool.
We regret that you found the room amenities not up to your expectation. These amenities are all as per Sheraton brand standard.
As the hotel is 100% Kosher our Olive Leaf restaurant is closed on Friday and Saturday. The Kum Kum restaurant is open daily for breakfast from 6:30 – 11:30 a.m., and the lobby lounge is open from daily from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. featuring an a la carte dairy menu.
Once again our apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay.
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Tel Aviv Sheraton has always been my favorite hotel. I have stayed here 2-3 times a year for over 10 years. Perhaps it is the war with Gaza, perhaps it is the fact that last week was still Ramadan and much of the staff was fasting, or perhaps it is the new general manager but the hotel has lost the edge that always made it exceptional for me. My gut feeling is that sadly the new general manager has not yet succeeded in getting the staff to give its all or that he is instituting changes which are lowering the outstanding level of service that the hotel once had. Don't get me wrong this is still a very good hotel and if you had not stayed there before you would probably not notice the difference. Sadly, for the first time I found myself asking if I could not do better elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
GMSTV, General Manager at Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at the Sheraton Tel Aviv and for your continuous loyalty over the years which we value enormously.

Feedback from our guests especially from the large number of loyal ones like yourself that the hotel has built over the years is important to us as this enables us to continue improving our products and services. It is therefore concerning to me that you have felt that on this occasion, while still positive, we have not fully met your previous experiences. It is certainly of interest to me to hear back from you, naturally at your convenience, regarding these specific experiences so as to make sure that we not only meet them but aim to exceed them. I can be contacted directly on my email franco.vella@sheraton.com

While I would like to once again thank you for sharing your experiences, I look forward to hearing back from you soon and do hope to having the opportunity to meeting up with you during your next stay in Tel Aviv.

Yours sincerely,

Franco Vella

Been to Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel? Share your experiences!