“Great hotel at a great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Dan Tel Aviv Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Ha - Yarkon Street, Tel Aviv 64432, Israel   |
Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Montreal
“Great hotel at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I came to Tel Aviv on business. The staff that greeted me at my arrival was very warm and resourceful. I was escorted to my room by a lovely girl. I stayed in a deluxe room and the look of it was very modern and elegant. Although I had no sea view, the room was well equipped for business travel.
My favourite place in the hotel was the executive lounge. It was a great environment because not only was it peaceful so I could get some work done but it was also a good place to meet other travelers. I really enjoyed this hotel. I find it suitable for all types of travel and fully recommend it to anyone travelling in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

Our first trip to Israel and we were very happy with the service and location. However, the room rates are too high for the level of rooms that are provided.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2010
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for participating and sharing your kind remarks. We do apologize if you felt our room rates were too high. Please note that when booking a room at the Dan Tel-Aviv, you are paying not only for your stay, but also for other aspects of the hotel, such as guest services, use of facilities, location, and the prestige of staying at the Dan Tel-Aviv Hotel. These aspects have contributed greatly to maintaining our reputation for over 50 years. We hope that this matter will not prevent you from staying at our hotel in the near future.

Guest relations
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

The Staff was exceptionally helpful from the time we pulled up to the door to the time we left. Check in was quick and easy, our bags followed us quickly to our room and everyone was very helpful. We don't speak Hebrew but there was never a problem communicating - for those few time we actually had to ask for something that wasn't already provided.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
nahariya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

Staying at the Dan Tel aviv hotel was definitely a surprise. I live in Israel and normally having my vacations in Europe. I was amazed to see the high quality of service in this hotel. when we arrived to the hotel we were escorted to the room by one of the guest relations representatives who was very pleasent and profrssional, she explained us about the hotel and room facilities. That was a great welcome.
The room we got was very impressive. Actually, when we booked a standard room, we did not expect to be upgraded to a big executive sea view room. The view was really breathtaking.
Breakfast was delicious, we were told that its the best breakfast in Israel and it was.
My only comment is that the parking lot was full so we had to park our car in a parking lot which was not belongs to the hotel, a fact which a bit interrupts us.
The hotel was that great that we did not want to get back home.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Kawasaki, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

The hotel is located at Ha Yarkon Street, right by the Frischman Beach. Restaurants, cafes and shops are all around. Very convenient. Breakfast is wonderful. Most of Israeli hotels are good with breakfast, and this hotel is no exception. When I checked in, a trainee came to my room to explain all amenities and surrounding areas. Overall stay was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I've stayed in this hotel many times (at least a dozen) and it never fail to satisfy me.
The location is great, right in front of the beach promenade and very close to everything (Tel Aviv is not so big). The staff is pleasant and polite and the food is really outstanding. But the best of all is the rooms – for my opinion by now they've all been renovated by now and they're state of the art – even the curtains opens electrically! The view from the sea side is breath taking.
Attached to the hotel there's Rafael restaurant which is a culinary pearl!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

A very good hotel, with a few minor gripes.

Great location, close to beach and close to the heart of the city.

Lobby service was excellent.

Bedroom and bathroom were clean, spacious and modern.

I advise that travellers request rooms without interconnecting doors, as I was travelling alone and was assigned a room with interconnecting doors to next door, and could hear everything in the room next door!

The other gripe is that whilst the room came with a fridge stocked with items that one could pay for, there was actually a US$4 per day charge to have an empty fridge! Considering I was paying over $200 per night for a room, I found that to be a rip off.

There also was no kettle in the room.

Maid service was frequent and attentive.

Breakfast was superb, many choices and very fresh. Traditional Israeli range from vegetables, to fruits, to cereals, to breads to omelettes, to fish to other cooked items.

Indoor and outdoor pools were of decent size, gym smallish but well equipped, there was a sauna too.

Sun deck was large with comfortable loungers.

Comfortable bar area with complimentary newspapers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Dan Tel Aviv Hotel? Share your experiences!