“I loved this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
DC
“I loved this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

When I read all the reviews of Tel Aviv hotels I could not find a stand-out so I went back and forth about where to stay. I am so glad I settled on the Dan Tel Aviv. If being right on the Mediterranean Sea is what matters to you, pick this place and pick an Executive Sea View room. They are pricy, but if you can afford it I think it will be worth it. There is no balcony (but it was too hot to sit on a blacony when I was there!) but there are floor to ceiling windows with the sea right there, everytime you come in the room! Also, at that category of room you get use of the business lounge, with food all day long and free computers. (This is in addition to the full buffet breakfast that comes with the room).

There is quite a bit of unrenovated shabbiness in the hotel, especially in the public areas. The furniture in the room was also a bit worn. Those things might bother me at a different hotel, but the plusses so outweighed the minuses here that I was willing to overlook those things.

The pool scene is also fabulous. Both indoor and outdoor pools, and both long enough to swim laps. If you stay here but cannot afford the sea view rooms, then just go the pool deck, especially at sunset, to have the magnificient sea laid out before you. The dining room where breakfast is served also has a great view.

The location is also great for walking in the city. I enjoyed ice cream at Iceberg's, five minutes away on Ben Yehuda Street. And on the way there is a great frozen yogurt place if you're watching calories!

I spent two nights here at the beginning of my Israel travels and decided to return for three more nights at the end. Before I made the second reservation I asked if the hotel would comp my transportation to the airport for my flight home and they said yes. This saved me the equivalent of about $35.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

We had an excellent experience at the Dan. The hotel was immaculately clean, fresh and modern. The employees were all extremely helpful which is very important when traveling with an infant. The breakfast was, as all Israeli breakfasts are, amazing and nourished us well past lunchtime. I also loved the fact that there was a heated indoor pool, in addition to the outdoor pool, for us and our baby to enjoy. The location was perfect; in walking distance to everywhere we needed to go -- no need for car or public transportation. We've stayed at a handful of the other hotels in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and none of them compare to the Dan Tel Aviv. This is by far the nicest we've been to. On our future trips we will only be staying at the Dan.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I have to say I dont know which hotel I preferred Hilton Tel Aviv or the Dan. With the Hilton its a more relaxed atmosphere with the Dan its a bit more up market. Also great service from Check in to Check out. Make sure you ask for an Ocean view room as I found the other rooms very dark as there is only a small window. With the Dan didnt like the fact that it didnt have any balconies off the rooms.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

What we liked the most was the room design.
Food was average, maybe even below average. Non dairy desserts were just awful.
The major problem we had was the fact that our room was accidentally booked as a Shabbat reserving room, which meant that there was no way whatsoever of changing the air-conditioner temperature. As we left our room on the hot Friday afternoon with the air-conditioner set to a very low temperature, when we came back on 2am and went to bed, we were freezing with such low temperature, unable to change it.
We had to call the lobby three times until someone came, and he had no idea what to do. He had to call a guy at his home at 3am to consult with him what to do. The guy didn't answer.
Eventually he agreed to do what my man suggested, which was switching all electricity in our room off, which worked.

Anyway it wasn't a really horrible experience, but I think you could do better than Dan.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
BANGALORE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

I returned last week from a memorable trip to Tel Aviv - more memorable for the beach overview that used to start my day every morning. The best part of this hotel is its location - right in front of the Beach. One can really relish this view the whole day, once you have the day starting with such a view. A relaxed breakfast, with such a location, that makes you enjoy every moment. In addition, the breakfast menu was excellent.

The stay at Hotel Dan Tel Aviv, was quite comfortable, in terms of the room decor & facilities. This was comparable to any other European destination. Further, the hospitality at the hotel was more than average. The courtesy extended by the Front Desk to the guests, in general, was appreciative. So, was the bill settlement - IN TIME ! This is one of the important moment in a hotel stay for me, since I am always in a hurry, while check-out.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to any other acquaintance,
& also solicit all the executives from our company to patronise this hotel.

I would also like to take this opportunity to extend heartiest compliments to the entire team at Hotel Dan Tel Aviv.

• Liked — The view of beach at Breakfast, & The Lounge
  • Disliked — Internet availability in the room was not complimentary
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

The last night of our trip was spent here, and being Friday when the Sabbath starts it was perfect for walking along the beach. They recommended a resturant in walking distance. Lovely hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Stayed at that hotel quite few times. This is a lovely %* hotel right on the beach and close to all business and entertainment center of Tel Aviv.
The hotel has the usual modcom of any 5* hotel but what impressed me most was the amazing breakfast and the view of the Mediteranian from the beautiful dinning room.
Breakfast is a massive banquet of the most delcious food in the country. The selection is really unbelievable - all types of cheeses and Yohghurts, salads, fruits, eggs, fish - you name it ! And on top of that there are the cakes and all type of freshly baked bread.
As I had the use of the business lounge, food and drinks were provided there throughout the day.
The only drawback has been the fact that there were only 3 PC avaiable which means that guests have to wait their turn. If you are not in a hurry, you can pour yourself a drink, sit by the window and watch the sea...
Allin all great experience, highly recommended.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — Hotel is quite old, need some updating
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Dan Tel Aviv Hotel? Share your experiences!