“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 86 hotels in Tel Aviv
Israel
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

I recently stayed the the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, for a convention that took place there. I live in Israel and yet it was my first time inside the hotel.
I was very happy with the room that I got, although it wasn't a sea view room it was very comfortable and recently renovated.
The front desk clerks were very nice and polite, and the breakfast buffet presented a very wide selection with a quite good service.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

840 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
Hove, East Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

I have stayed in several other hotels in Tel Aviv and thought this one was very good. Very comfortable room and good facilities. The staff were also helpful and friendly.
Just a couple of suggestions that would improve it: tea making facilities in room and the business lounge being open slightly longer hours. However, both of those a bit nitpicking. I enjoyed the experience of being there and would certainly go again.

• Liked — large and comfortable room with lovely view
  • Disliked — would have liked tea/coffee making equipment
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I had previously stayed at the Hilton Tel Aviv, but fortunately could not get in there and decided to stay at the Dan. What a wonderful experience - the hotel was extremely comfortable, i had an amazing suite with a huge terrace, and even when returning unexpectedly to Tel Aviv at the end of my trip to Israel i stayed in a regular double room which was excellent. The staff were so friendly and obliging and the executive lounge was quiet and the constant amount of food and beverages available were marvellous. All in all a tremendous city hotel in a great position and in future i will only be staying there. In fact i am returning in January and have cancelled the Hilton and am staying at the Dan again - cant wait!!

Stayed November 2008
london, england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

The good points: Great location; central yet virtually on the beach. Executive lounge that is open all day, well stocked both food and beverage wise, friendly staff and free internet access which, unlike its sister hotel in Haifa, does not require a member of staff to log you on. Housekeeping staff did a good job throughout our 7 day stay and we never had a problem getting our room done

The bad points: booking an executive room does not mean you get a better room, just access to the executive lounge. And a sea view room means you're in a tired 1970's style room with a duvet that just covers the bed when it's unoccupied. The double glazing is inadequate and we were woken up many times each night by passing traffic which as anyone who has made several visits to Israel knows means a lot of loud horn sounding! Worse of all was the arrogance and unpleasantness of the Reception staff. At check-in I was told that accommodation charges had been paid upfront through my travel agent. At check-out the same member of staff who had checked me in presented me with a bill for accommodation. When I contested this and reminded him not only what he had said when we checked in but that I had given him a voucher from my travel agent his reply was that the voucher only confirms booking of the room not payment. I have never experienced this problem at any other hotel anywhere in the world. Eventually he called the travel agent in Israel who apparently had dealt with the booking and the matter was resolved. An unpleasant experience

The dining room service for breakfast is a bit hit and miss when it comes to getting coffee and orange juice as both have to be served and the staff do not seem to have any method in the way they serve each table; darting all over the place and walking straight past you without noticing that neither your coffee cups or orange juice glasses have anything in them

During the majority of our stay there was no service in the Dan Cafe and the accompanying lounge. This was a problem when 9 of my wife's Israeli cousins came to see us and we couldn't even offer them a drink.

We've stayed at the Hilton in the past, although it's a bit further north we consider it a much better hotel

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — reception staff
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oslo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

I booked Dan Hotel Tel Aviv for 2 nights in August. It was confirmed by phone, and they sent me two emails thereafter to ensure me how thrilled they were to have me stay with them and how much they were looking forward to it. HA HA! I arrived at 5 am in the morning directly from the airport, just to find that my USD 600 suite room was not available. They were overbooked! Even though they had all my contact details, they did not have the decency of sending me an sms or anything. Istead they waited for me to come completely drained from a long flight, just to very arrogantly tell me that I had to go to the Dan Hotel Panorama instead. They hailed a cab for me outside and pushed me into it. I have never experienced anything like it, and I have 150 travel days a year. Needless to say, the Dan Hotel Panoram is not as nice. It has not been redecorated for years, and they put me in a room where the carpet was in shreds, and the bathroom started leaking from the ceiling so I could not use it. I complained, and they sent someone to fix it eventually, resulting in buckets and towels all over the place, but too late for me to freshen up for dinner. Lots of bad happened, and for the first time I made a complaint, all the way to the guest manager, however, they would not refund anything or admit to any wrong doing. Seems like you must expect to be moved early in the morning, to a room of far lesser quality than you paid for, and please do not expect your room to be in order. I received no discount and no pardons. It's quite shocking to me how some people and establishments can stay in business. I have told everybody I know about this awful experience and will continue to do so. Please spread the word. The Dan Hotels in Tel Aviv are a disgrace to The Leading Hotels chain, and you should not stay there!!

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — It's a dump! with no customer service!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Booked the Dan Tel Aviv from Sept 6th for a week. My visit to Tel Aviv was for business, and the hotel was booked by our local partner who recommended it.

My flight into Tel Aviv was late, which meant I arrived at the hotel at 2am on the Sunday morning - and I just wanted to shower and get to bed ASAP.

I guess it was a porter who booked me in, because I ended up with a very shabby room - not the "superior" room that I expected. But I was so tired, I didn't want to complain and face another 30 minutes waiting for another room. This was a big mistake becasue I never got the chance to change.

My room (number 240) was in desperate need of renovation, it had no view (just a brick wall), old fashioned 19" TV, and drab colouring. Even the chambermaids didn't like the view, because every evening I came back, the curtains were drawn! Having said this, the bathroom was pretty good, and the bed (2 singles zipped together) was comfortable.

Redeeming features of the hotel are the location - it's right on the beach; and the executive lounge.

I managed to glance into some of the other guest rooms, and they appeared to be of a much better standard - LCD TV's, brighter and more modern decor, etc.

I've learnt my lesson - I won't stay at this hotel again, and if I'm not happy with the room, I'll complain straight away (even if it's not very British!).

• Liked — Exec lounge
  • Disliked — Shabby room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

Very practical, all facilities available, perfectly clean and tidy, just by the beach but nothing memorabe.

It was overpriced and you could get more for your money in other Tel Aviv hotels.

Although there was nothing wrong with this place and it served our purpose perfectly, I would not stay here again. It is in the Leading Hotels of the World book, but I am not sure why, it is not a leading hotel of the world. Just modern, ordinary, clean and practical. Very cool and colourful facade on the beach side though!!

• Liked — Close to the beach!!
  • Disliked — Felt like any other hotel in the world: ordinary
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Dan Tel Aviv Hotel? Share your experiences!