“See Yaffo and the sea shore from your room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
7% Discount for 4 Night's
Ranked #26 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“See Yaffo and the sea shore from your room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I enjoyed greatly the location: I walked all the way down to Yaffo and had great time visting the shops in the old reconditioned houses. Then I went back and walked along the sea shore. Tel Aviv seen from Yaffo and of the sea shore has that special look that brings you back. Dan Hotel has a spacious lobby and my room faced the sea side so the view was excellent. My room was big and made me feel "at home". The breakfast was rich and covers all tastes. The service was polite but somehow rigid. And the price? Well nothing is cheap in Israel. I would recommand it to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Maximillian V,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences with us at The Dan Tel Aviv Hotel.
There is nothing more rewarding to us than to be "a home away from home" for our guests.
We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and you managed to visit beautiful Yaffo and enjoy the beautiful views, just like in your room. We do think that the location is one of our best features long with our professional and accomodating team.

We wish you many more happy trips to Israel and are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Dan Tel Aviv in the near future.

With Kindest Regards,

Ifat and the Guest Relations Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many many times, and always look forward to my next stay... renovated rooms are lovely... smaller rooms have views of the ocean. I love the city side, but it can be a bit noisy on the weekend. The gym and spa are currently being renovated, until then you can get a pass to a very nice gym which is good, because the breakfast is absolutely wonderful! You can find everything from healthy cereal to gluttonous burekas! The staff is lovely and always willing to help out.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the city side... but it can be a bit noisy (not really bad at all) on the weekend n...
Dear Dalia L.,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel with the Tripadvisor community; A returning guest is one of the biggest compliments a hotel can get so we are trully thankful.

It is good to learn that the rooms are according to your expectations and we thank you for your positive comments regarding breakfast, as we also think that breakfast is one of the highlights of the hotel.
Our team make every effort to ensure the highest levels of guest experience and service at all times so wwe are always happy to hear when we have excelled in our guests eyes; I have been sure to pass on your commendations to the whole team.

Wishing you many more trips to Israel so we can welcome you back again soon.

Ifat, Naomi and the Guest Relations Team
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had an amazing view of the Mediterranean Sea. Our rooms were quite small (and quite expensive), but we had a connecting room to our children, which was important. The weather was rainy when we were there, but if it's sunny, rent bicycles and ride along the beach!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear JSGMomof3,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us.
It is wonderful to learn that you have enjoyed the view over the Mediterranean Sea, it is very beautiful!
Sorry to hear that the weather was rainy, but thank you for recommending to rent bicycles. It is a great idea, especially because the location of the hotel is perfect to ride a long the beach and to discover Tel Aviv a bit more.
We hope you had a safe journey back and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Ifat, Naomi and The Guest Relations Team
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed several times in Tel Aviv during the last couple of months in different hotels including the Dan hotel. The Dan hotel is the corporate prefered hotel and although I have stayed here in the past I would not recommend it.

First of all the rooms are small and dark, even for a metropol like tel aviv. Roms in nearby big chain hotels are much larger, roomier and nicer. Secondly the facilities are outdated. All rooms need an update. The public rooms look nice but the actual rooms are smelly, old and not worth the money you spent on a youth hostel.

Lastly the service is horrific. Last time I waited over 60 minutes to get a room (which was confirmed and I had the confirmation with me and the front desk clerk spoke to the travel council on the phone). Also the bar service is something you expect in a ritirement home, very slow and do not fill up the glass to much else the waiters/waiteresses might spill it. Also if you book the discount rate (our corporate rate is around 180 to 200 a night including breakfast) do not expect a room with a view. You will get the oldest, least favorite, and loudest room possible.

So eventhough the location is ok, avoid this hotel. I have experience with several hotels on the ocean (starting with an Sh, Cr or Hi all withing 1 mile) and they provide better service. Unless ofcourse you want to roll the dice and hope that the hotel has actually the room (any room) you reserved.

Room Tip: best thing about the hotel is the breakfast which is included in the room rate but service is on par...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Brent ,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences during your stay with us, here at The Dan Tel Aviv; it is through comments such as these that we are able to develop our service delivery.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest comfort and service at all times, so we are always very sorry to hear when a guest feels that we have fallen short.
Whilst it comes a little too late to rectify for you on this occasion, I can assure you your comments with regards to the service, have been taken on board for further retraining exercises, thank you for highlighting these necessities to us.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion; please feel free to contact me so that I may be able to monitor your reservation directly.
With kind regards for the time being,
Ifat Shalom
Guest Relations Manager
Ifat.Shalom@danhotels.com
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked an executive sea view room while on vacation and it did not disappoint. Very modern room with all amenities. Excellent buffet breakfast and service in the lounge was excellent. Hotel staff organized sightseeing tours for me and all went smoothly. Great location if you want to relax or go for walk on the beautiful beach just outside the rear of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.. very quiet and beautiful scenery
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Branchburg, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Dan was an excellent choice for business travel.. The room was small but very elegant. Bathroom was super modern, very chic decor. Breakfast buffet had delicious food and white glove service. Fresh squeezed juice, etc. Received champagne upon arrival. Nice touch. No negatives except the city view is less desirable than the Meditterean view.

Room Tip: Try for a sea view room, the higher the better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed a couple of times at the Dan and it was ok but the last stay really hacked me off. I travel usually always with a flight that arrives at 5AM in the morning means I get to the hotel at 6AM and the usual thing is to check in and shower before going to the meetings. I have never had any problem with this in any hotel in Tel Aviv. But the Gentleman at the Reception told me that the hotel is full and they have to charge me half a Day extra !!!! WHY???? The Room was free anyhow and I was not causing any extra cost ---> FAIL.
Further that Wifi is not included nor free is another point I find unacceptable

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Nitschkecm,
Thank you for choosing the Dan Tel Aviv hotel for your stay in Israel and for taking the time to share your thoughts; comments such as these are invaluable for us to monitor and develop on guest experience and service delivery.
Whilst we will do everything we can to accommodate guests arriving early, the hotel is not able to guarantee an early check in unless the room is reserved from the night before.
Dan hotel chains as a whole offer guests complimentary wifi in all public areas and employ an external company to manage the wifi in the bedrooms to ensure of a smooth and easy service.
We would hope that we may have another opportunity to ensure that you are more satisfied with your overall stay, as such please do contact us directly prior to your next stay so that we may monitor your reservation and ensure of your comfort.
With thanks and kind regards,
Ifat and the Guest Relations team
Ifat.shalom@danhotels.com

Been to Dan Tel Aviv Hotel? Share your experiences!