“Loved this hotel, but...” 4 of 5 stars

Dan Tel Aviv Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   99 Ha - Yarkon Street, Tel Aviv 64432, Israel   |
Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Tel Aviv
haifa
“Loved this hotel, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Dan Tel-Aviv is for sure one of the best hotels in Tel Aviv. You'll find better only the Hilton (although location is not as good as the Dan) and the expansive new line of boutique hotels.
It was renovated and we received a renovated room - small and cozy. see pictures attached.
The room is not maintained so well, you can find the bathroom ceiling paint is peeling, the doors are scratched etc.
So - Make sure you get a renovated room !!!
Not many rooms in the are facing the beach (but try to get one) and other than the lack of view all of them are OK but ask for a high floor
The hotel location is perfect - at the center of the promenade, very close to Dizingoff street \huge shopping center, go also to Shenkin and take the small streets.
The lobby is well decorated and so is the dining room. The food is very good, the usual huge Israeli breakfast and good dinner.
The pool is a bit old fashioned and I give it only 3/5 stars. We preferred the beach.
We came with our 1 year old baby and got a good crib.
Unfortunately, no special food was available for him (Other than one item that you need to pay for even though we had the HB)

Room Tip: Room on higher floor are better Insist to have a newly decorated room Try to get a beach view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear guest,
Please let us thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at The Dan Tel Aviv Hotel. It is important to us to receive constructive comments, as we are committed to fulfilling all of our guest's expectations.
Please know that we have checked the remarks mentioned and have taken it to our full attention.
It is wonderful to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and you particularly enjoyed the lobby area, the food and the location of the hotel.
We are sorry to learn that the style of our pools was not according to your expectations. We are constantly updating and maintaining the hotels facilities while working to keep its unique classic style.
Regarding the baby food, we do have store bought "Gerber" baby food at the hotel and if someone prefers something fresh, we can make home made baby food with vegetables or fruits. In addition, when you are staying on HB basis you only pay for the adults and not for the baby that’s why the baby food cost an additional fee.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Dan Tel Aviv in the near future.
The Guest Relations Department.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The Dan is situated on the beach among a strip of many large resort hotels. The rooms look to be recently renovated with dark woods and modern fixtures. The style was comfortable with the requisite flat-screen TV and bath products. The rooms are not large by luxury standards but the layout is efficient and comfortable. There were some misses, like the awkward placement of the closets (clearly done to maximize storage), and the glass-enclosed shower constantly leaked so the bathroom floor was wet. Sabon bath products as a parting gift were a nice match to the Dead Sea daily products. The lobby of the hotel felt dated, with brass 70's style design and glass-tiled water pools (reminded me of a Miami Beach luxury resort). The lounges and hotel restaurant were much nicer, more contemporary with good views of the beach. Breakfast was excellent with both Israeli, Eastern European and Western European (i.e. American) choices except of course for no Bacon or Ham products. The salt and fresh water pools are a nice break from the warm Mediterranean sea, and it has a excellent gym for a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water are quieter and get better light and views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience at the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel.
We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed the room with the bath products, our health facilities, our breakfast and the restaurants, as well as the business lounge at the hotel.
We are sorry to learn that there was a problem in your room with the door of the shower and that you were not satisfied with the size of the closet. We would like to apologize for that.
An additional aspect of being the first hotel in Tel Aviv is that we are constantly updating and maintaining the hotels amenities while working to keep its unique classic style, therefore we are sorry to hear that our newly renovated lobby was not to your liking.
Please let us thank you once again for your constructive comments as we are always aspiring to improve our hotel's facilities and service based on the feedback we receive.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the future.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My partner and I stayed here twice during our recent trip to Israel. Elsewhere I shall comment upon the other Dan Hotels we stayed at.
We booked a non sea view room on the hayarkon side of the Hotel, we had no issues with noise as has been observed by others.
27 years ago I looked up at the Dan from the beach whilst visiting Israel with a youth group. I vowed one day that I would stay at this iconic Hotel, in the intervening years I have stayed in many different types of accommodation, but never crossed the threshold of the Dan, not even for a drink.
Expectation was high as was the lingering thought that it could not live up to the image i had in my head, especially having stayed at the King David previously. I need not have worried, even though we arrived late and tired due to baggage going astray we were met with old fashioned service mixed with the professionalism a modern traveller expects.
Shaving kit was provided and the reception staff assisted with contacting the IAA baggage department to enquire as to my luggage.
Service throughout was exemplary and even thought the bar staff were unsure how to make a martini they did so to perfection.
I can only concur with the comments about the food, it was excellent. I disagree with the issues concerning the wifi, my partner and I were able to use the free wifi everywhere except our room and keep up to date with work commitments. The fact that we chose not to use the 'pay for' service did not inconvenience us at all.
All the staff we came in to contact with were excellent. I mix up over the credit card not being authorised due to a guest having the same name but of course a different address was dealt with swiftly and without embarrassment.
The pool and its facilities were excellent, pre breakfast swims were very welcome. It is in relation to this that if I have a criticism it is a minor one. At the weekend service of drinks is always available. In order to get drinks at other times you have to ring through to room service, when the usual seamless assistance is offered to provide refreshment whilst by the Pool. I had no problem doing this but noted that upon the waiter bringing my drinks he was then kept busy for 45 mins seving others. I am sure that regular trips to the pool by waiters during the week with appropriate enquiry to guests using the facility would result in an increase in the volume of drinks sold. Importantly the shyer guests would not feel as if they had to make a call every time they wanted something and as such go without.
In summary you get what you pay for and this Hotel is well worth it. We look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Being a new tour guide in Israel, I have had the opportunity to stay at the Dan Tel Aviv twice this past year. The first thing that comes to mind at the Dan is a well trained professional staff. They are all friendly and eager to help. This is definitely not the case in every hotel or service establishment in Israel. The Dan is across the street from the beach and within walking distance to several very good restaurants and an authentic Irish Pub. Breakfast at the Dan is outstanding. Offerings include several types of eggs, different types of salads, cheeses, breads fruits and cakes. There is even smoked salmon and Halva. There is both an Indoor freshwater Pool as well as an outdoor saltwater pool. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. The only thing missing is free Wi-Fi in the rooms. Currently free Wi-Fi is available only in the lobby. I highly recommend this hotel both for business as well as pleasure.

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience at The Dan Tel Aviv Hotel.
It is wonderful to learn that you were happy with the service at The Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, as we are aware of the importance of quality service and we invest great effort and resources to preserve and to improve our standards.
We are also happy to learn that the location, breakfast, the room and our health facilities were according to your expectations. Your positive comments will be forwarded to the Relevant Department Managers.
Regarding the internet, most 5-star hotels in Tel Aviv are working with an external internet provider. Therefore, the usage of the wireless internet is with an additional charge according to their rates.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Dan Tel Aviv.
Frisco, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Due to business connections of my company, this is our "default" hotel in Tel Aviv. Realistically, "The Dan" is not the best hotel in town, but I reality have no complaints whatsoever with it. I would recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the Med also face the street, but the noise is minmal.
Dear guest,
Thank you for your positive comment regarding your stay at the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel.
We wish you many more trips to Israel and we are looking forward to welcome you back again at the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel.
Pattaya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Dan Tel-Aviv is a Hotel that you must stay at while in Tel-Aviv. The level of service, ammenaties, central location, and just the friendliness of all the Staff at this hotel, puts many notable high priced and exclusive International Hotels to shame. Check-In was fast and effecient, and even a daily paper was given to me. Any questions to the Reception or Concierge where answered with friendliness and accuracy, and nothing was too much trouble.
The Restaurants are just great, and of particular note is the variety of food available for breakfast which is just unbelievable. It is a must do while staying at the Dan Tel-Aviv, to sample the Breakfast there, or even a reason to stay there!
Access to the Beach and shopping areas are a big plus, and just having a walk around the local area is quite pleasant. The Hotel Pools are also rather convienent and very well maintained.
The rooms are very well appointed, comfortable and welcoming. Another plus is the Toiletries and Soaps (Dead Sea Cosmetics), with the Rich Mineral Soap which is a really classy touch.
I really couldn't fault anything, and the Staff in any of the Departments are just super friendly and helpful.
If you want to stay at the best hotel in Tel-Aviv, then you can't better The Dan Tel-Aviv Hotel.

Room Tip: Just stayed 1 night, but my room was fantastic!
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel.
Our number one goal is to ensure the satisfaction of our guests; therefore, it is wonderful to learn that you were happy with the service of our staff, location of the hotel, the rooms, breakfast, the pool area and that you had an overall enjoyable stay.
We hope you had a safe journey back home and we will be more than happy to welcome you once again at The Dan Tel Aviv.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I just got back from about two weeks at the Dan. I have been to TLV many times and this was my first visit at the Dan. What an amazing experience. The staff is 5 star....everyone goes out of their way to make your trip relaxing. I had access to the beautiful King David Lounge during my stay...the views and service were spectacular.

The reason I will stay at the Dan next time is it is the perfect combination between Israeli and Luxury. There is so much history everywhere, yet the rooms are renovated and many parts of the hotel are new. The outdoor pool (jacuzzi, indoor pool as well) provides some of the best views of Tel Aviv I have ever seen. I became very close with the lifeguards, who were extremely friendly.

My renovated deluxe room was top of the line, the bathroom had a TV and a surround sound radio! The room was brand new and beautiful. Guest relations was always around to make sure my stay was top of the line. I will be back!!

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write down your experience regarding your pervious stay at the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel.
There is nothing more rewarding to us than a satisfied guest.
We are happy to learn that the services of our staff, the pool area and the business lounge were according and above your expectations.
The Guest Relations Department.

Been to Dan Tel Aviv Hotel? Share your experiences!