“Best of Tel Aviv” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

You added Hilton Tel Aviv to your Saves list
Hilton Tel Aviv
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 HaYarkon St. | Independence Park, Tel Aviv 63405, Israel   |
Ranked #46 of 88 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Connecticut
“Best of Tel Aviv”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have stayed at four hotels in this area of Tel Aviv and the Hilton was by far my best experience. If you are a HH Gold member, I imagine you would enjoy the experience. During two one-night stays, I was upgraded to a junior suite on the 12th floor. The room was spacious, comfortable, modern, and clean. The king-size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had every amenity I needed. Management left a few small greeting gifts for me, which was a very nice and unexpected surprise. Wireless access was fast. The balcony room had a great view of both the city and the sea. I honestly can't think of a single criticism of the room.

The 12th floor lounge serves snacks and light dinners, and includes a self-service bar. You can even relax and watch the sun set over the sea from one of the three lounge balconies. The lounge wait staff were pleasant and courteous. I know some people mentioned that they were bothered by kids in the lounge. Yes, I noticed kids there, but they really didn't bother me. If I need to concentrate on work so badly that the sounds of kids will be distracting, then I'm probably going to work in my room.

The hotel includes a spa, fitness facility, and pool. I only used the fitness facility, which I found to be clean, in good condition, and well equipped. It's a great place to get in a work-out and there is no charge to use it. There's even a view of the sea as you use the aerobic equipment.

The breakfast buffet was great. Again, it had everything I could have asked for. I particularly liked the orange juice machine, which juices real whole oranges directly into a jug as you watch. Very cool.

The hotel is located slightly off, and a little higher than the beach. The walk from the room to the beach in front of the Hilton is not insignificant. If you forget your sunscreen, like I did, it's a good 10-15 minutes to go back, fetch it, and return. A short walk on boardwalk to the north takes you to the seaport, which has a great selection of restaurants. The seafood is particularly good. To the south are some beach side cafes and bars. There's always something happening on the boardwalk at night, so it's a great place to go out for a walk.

Many people comment about a lacking customer service ethic in hotels in Israel. I can definitely say I've shared that experience. But not at the Hilton. Everyone I encountered was very polite and helpful. This hotel is well managed and is worth paying a little more for. I will definitely return on my next trip to Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the street tend to pick up more noise from the street at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Jay,

Great to hear from you with your kind words: ” I have stayed at four hotels in this area of Tel Aviv and the Hilton was by far my best experience”.

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and I will also ensure your detailed comments are translated and shared with all team members.

It is so rewarding to hear directly from our guests and to know that our efforts and training is appreciated and creates great memories. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Palm Desert, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Sadly we only stayed two nights at this wonderful hotel. The entrance and lobby were all first class and the staff greeting us at the check in desk were friendly and very helpful. Contrary to other reviews, the rooms were adequate in size and were well appointed, including the new bathroom fixtures. The lounge on the 12th floor is somewhat small and caters to a moderate number of families with children. We did not feel that this was a major shortcoming. We'd definitely stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Gerry,

In your review you wrote this sentence:” We'd definitely stay here again”. Two nights are for sure too short.

We consider your remark as a great compliment to our ongoing efforts to please all our guests.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is an old property but it is located on the beach surrounded by a park. It was build with wide lobby, hallways and space the kind you no longer see in newer hotels in Tel Aviv. They have undergone an extensive remodel, from what I understand all floors were redone. My room was on the 5th floor facing north with a small balcony and two twin beds. All the furniture and decor were sharp, the bed and linen were plush and comfortable. We were offered fruit, wine and water on our table but I am not sure this is offered to all guests. Our package included breakfast downstairs which was an elaborate buffet with lots of seating and even outdoor by the pool seating. Internet was included as well and worked very well. Also unique is the ample parking facilities. The place has good security as well. Of coarse a Hilton of this level is a bit pricy but I found it to be well worth it. The staff, concierge and the manager never refused a request and went out of their way to assist and make our stay pleasant. Most probably due to the price the crowd is older and a bit stuffy.

Room Tip: We were not offered the Executive "Hilton" lounge which I think is reserved for Hilton mem...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Amos,

Thank you for your great feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum, highlighted by your sentence: “The staff, concierge and the manager never refused a request and went out of their way to assist and make our stay pleasant”. Thank you very much.

Again, I am so pleased that you are full of compliments for the hotel. Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor travelers.

With warm wishes
Passaic, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed in a recently renovated room which was great. The breakfast was delicious and the hotel is in a great location, near the old port and good access to the beach., Altogether a really nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are all so pleased we made your stay a wonderful one and that you really enjoyed our service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The room was very modern and the bathroom contained state-of-the-art plumbing fixtures Breakfast was server from 6:30 to 11 and had a very extensive menu of delicious food from eggs to waffles, fruit, large selection of breakfast beverages

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear georgek154 ,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv.
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great hotel situated directly on the Promenade, with a short walk to restaurants and the harbour. Big room and bathroom, fantastic view over the sea. Hotel staff is very friendly and service minded and everything is very clean and tidy. Stayed on the 12 floor and loved the free lounge for snacks and drinks as well as an coatis all dinner.
This was our second stay at the Hilton. We used the hotel as our permanent starting point for day tours throughout Israel, including a June opera event at the foothill of the Masada fortress, an event we will never forget, touching and beautiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Preben,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your "just fantastic" feedback.

We hope you will soon consider staying again with us.

Best regards.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The hotel is located directly on the Promenade which runs along side the Mediterranean. It's a 10 minute walk to many restaurants and shops. Pool area is large with plenty of lounge chairs and 2 outdoor restaurants. The outdoor seating area is fantastic with views of the water. Great place to sit on the comfy sofas and have a drink and watch the sun rise/set. The rooms are very very small with no space to put the luggage stand. Rooms are quiet. Small bathroom but has plenty of counter space and nice toiletries. Huge bath towels, great shower head with lots of water pressure....however....there is one little shelf for the shampoo, soap, conditioner, etc. All the toiletries kept falling on the shower floor because of lack of space. They should add one more shelf to the shower. Service is fantastic...when we asked for extra towels or anything else, it was delivered within minutes....no matter what time of day/night it was. Fruit plate and water was complimentary in our room.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful.

Room Tip: All rooms face the water.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Tel Aviv for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor!

It is only through valuable customer’s feedback that we can improve our services. We extend our sincerest apologies for lack of space in the bathroom. We will be sure to report your observations to the appropriate management.

Been to Hilton Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!