“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

You added Hilton Tel Aviv to your Saves list
Hilton Tel Aviv
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 HaYarkon St. | Independence Park, Tel Aviv 63405, Israel   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 10%
Ranked #47 of 92 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Londonj
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hilton is the best hotel in Tel Aviv, is it? My tuchus! My list of disappointments are numerous, but here are the lowlights:

1) long wait to check in
2) given room opposite the lifts
3) complained. Given new,
equally-dowdy, room, with pokiest bathroom you can imagine, seemingly built for a child (or an extra short Jewish man - I'm Jewish. I can say that!)
4) they charge for Internet in your room
5) hotel is among most expensive in town
6) at checkout, just one person manning desk, but she thought it more important to count money in till.

Work paid for it, but still: I expect a certain level of service. Hilton tel aviv just doesn't measure up. I'd go with the Intercontinental (see my next review) any time.

• Stayed November 2012
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are really disappointed to hear that the hotel did not satisfy your needs during your most recent stay with us. My apologies for the lack of service you had expected. Your comments are important to us, as it assist us to constantly improve.

Thank you for taking the time and write your review. We do hope to have another opportunity to prove our service whenever you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I used points to stay here because I could not afford it any other way. I was upgraded to a spectacular suite over looking the Med Sea. I had to call to the front desk because I needed a few things. They spoke English very well and call back to make sure I received what I had received what I needed. At check in their customer service was stellar. The location, food and service are off the charts wonderful!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We really appreciate your positive comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel together with the facilities. We hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Got corner room suite with ocean view as I am gold level member. Friendly staff who speak excellent English. Executive lounge excellent...great breakfast in lounge...beautiful shops off lobby...great location....beach was average....lots of water activities....

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum.

Thank you again for choosing Hilton and recommending our hotel - it is appreciated.
I hope that we will be able to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv in the future.

Sincerely
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff at the Hilton try to make your experience first rate. While there are occasional lapses by individuals who just don't "get" what it means to provide first class hospitality, the overall level of service is very good and friendly. Expect to pay premium prices for rooms and services, but expect a very comfortable stay. If you have a problem, going to someone in the management level of the hotel is sure to get it resolved quickly. And enjoy the beautiful views from almost any room in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for you stay at Hilton Tel Aviv for two weeks, and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on the Hotel facilities and service provided by the Team.

I was delighted to read your very kind comments, and I am very pleased you had a nice stay. Our aim is to ensure high guests satisfaction, and are therefore happy you remained satisfied with our location, room and facilities.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this seafront hotel few times. While I like this location, I find room quality varies significantly. During my recent trip, bathroom for my first assigned room was far too small and room was not ready when I checked in at 3:30 pm; it took a while to finally get the right room after wasting hour and half following a long trip from the US. Rest of my four day stay was generally pleasant although I was surprised that the hotel has outsourced gym and you have to pay to workout - this is my first time at a five star hotel where you have to pay for gym.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side has better sea view. You might also want to ask for room with larger bathroo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review during your last stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv. Indeed “room quality varies significantly” Major refurbishments recently took place at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We have completed the renovations of the top nine floors. We have increased the living space of the new rooms and expanded the bathroom to include modern features and a separate shower. The spa is also totally renewed. Two more floors will be renovated this winter for your enjoyment. More floors will be completely in the years to come.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

During a business trip through Israel I stayed twice in this Hilton and was unfortunate to have an old room the first time although the plastic smiling receptionist called it an 'upgrade'....... The room is old, hard to keep clean and the bathroom tiny and far below the standard of What one is used to at these prices and at Hilton.

The second stay within that week I didn't get the 'upgrade', luckily one might say. To my amazement it was a fully renovated executive suite with more space, clean and up to standard. From collegues one should make a reservation from the 10th floor up, at lleast when you don't wanna get stuck in an old shithole room that should cost half from what they charge you.

For dinner: eat outside. The restaurant is without atmosphere and two streets down and a 10 minutes walk you find better and more affordable food. Breakfast is expensive but worthwhile. However on Sjabbat morning try to be early, because once the synagoge is ending groups flok in and they tend to fall over the buffet as if they just came from the dessert and have fulture behaviour: everything is gone in minutes!

For sushi your in the right place, although only kosher fish is served and the cooks are from Korea. The bar is small but caters for all drinkscand the lobby is spacious.
Talking of the lobby: great fun to sit there at sjabbat and enjoy the parade of orthodoxe families trying to get rid of the daughters to the single men from other families.

Don't buy at the Stern juwelers outlet: the ladies look as good as all the gold there, but they are always in a bad arrogant mood and the stuff is overpriced.

The salt water pool is the best and the lunch food is great. Try the kosher burgers!

Finally: with good weather; sit on the outside tarrace for a sundowner. Just great!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We really appreciate your comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the Executive Suite you were upgraded to.

I am not so sure about you remarks about the expensive breakfast, as our breakfast is included in the accommodation and there is no need to pay for it. The same goes for the restaurant - We have 5 restaurants, so it’s hard to reply accordingly.

As it is your second stay with us, we hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.
Swampscott, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Hilton isn't the newest along the seafront but it was the most fully booked in the city when we were there - for a reason. It is well located, efficiently and graciously serviced, friendly and immaculate. It is a short walk to the beach and slightly longer walk to the busy, trendy Port. Breakfast is simply amazing - staggering choices. But pricey if not included in your rate arrangement. We stayed 10 days and would have appreciated one of the hotel's renovated rooms - ours was getting shabby. However, we had a more than comfortable stay. Bedding was excellent. Turn down service included chocolates nightly with a box of chocolates at welcome and on Shabbat. We were swimming in chocolate!! Our only disappointment was that we discovered that we were not eligible for Hilton points for our 10 day stay since we had booked through a second party: Booking.com. Be warned if you are a collector.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Your concluding sentence: “We were swimming in chocolate!!” made us very proud of the Hilton Tel Aviv. Thank you for your positive comments on this website
Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor travelers.

With warm wishes