“Very fine indeed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

You added Hilton Tel Aviv to your Saves list
Hilton Tel Aviv
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 HaYarkon St. | Independence Park, Tel Aviv 63405, Israel   |
Special Offer
Save 10% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #45 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very fine indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We have stayed at many hotels in Tel Aviv. The Hilton is the best we have stayed in.
Check in and out was swift and efficient and the service friendly, clearly different to some other reviewers views.
The rooms were just lovely. The rennovated rooms are very well laid out and furnished. The bathrooms with walk in shower were a delight. My wife particulalry appreciated the Ahava toileteries that are provided- a true 5 star touch. I could have done without the automated minibar especially as the prices were wholly outrageous (real price gouging) but you can just ignore it as we did.
We ate in the restaurant, in the lobby and in the Sushi bar. All the food was good and the portions generous. The dining room was very comfortable and generally felt unhurried. Service was really excellent. The Sushi bar was best of all-as good Sushi as we had ever had and again the service could not have bettered, even down to detailed advice on which boutique Israeli beer would go best with my order (and it did go well).
The pool is salt water which was disappointing and seemed to be out of keeping. The lay out and facilities around the pool were however, top class- no broken sun loungers here and multiple soft towels.
The only quiblle I had was around the old Israeli standard of politeness and just around a single incident. When we checked in we were told we had been upgraded to the Vista floors (we assummed this was because the hotel knew we were celebrating). We were told nothing else about the upgrade. After checking in, I went up to the Vista lounge. I don't generally expect upgrades or something for nothing, but having inspected my room card, the receptionist there told me that as guests on the Vista floor we were all entitled to use the lounge. Two hours later my boys (teenagers) came down from there very upset having been denied service in what was clearly a gleefully abrupt manner. I went up to talk to the longe receptionist (a different one to the one I had met earlier). She was very clear that any upgrade we had been given did not include use of the lounge-fair enough, it had seemed too good to be true. However, her manner was totally unacceptable and it was clear she knew it was but that she did not care-she intended to show me that to her I was not a Hilton guest just a would-be freeloader. It was only when I suggested that our travel agent might have the direct line number to the hotel manager that she began to behave properly. This is a small matter but actually made me question how much of the Hilton service is 'skin deep'. It is clear in this hotel that guests are catagorised by spending power. This is OK, but even our booking cost plenty and I have been to very few hotels where I and my children have been so rudely treated.

Room Tip: The rennovated rooms are wonderful. The views on the south side of the hotel are better than looking...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for you stay at Hilton Tel Aviv, and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on the Hotel facilities and service provided by the Team.

I was delighted to read your very kind comments, and I am very pleased you had a nice stay. Our aim is to ensure high guests satisfaction, and are therefore happy you remained satisfied with our location, room and facilities.

I am very sorry to read about your incident at our Vista Lounge. Could you please write me to this website inbox your name and period of stay and I will get back to you within 24 hours with a speedy answer after a full inquiry.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful staff and room. The breakfast is the best choice that you could have in an hotel. In the book of Daniel Mendelson the breakfast of this hotel was described as the best of Israel. I think it's not far to be right. I recommend this hotel if you want to profit of the swimming pool , the promenade on the port. The snack for lunch and staff are excellent. What's more your room is prepare 2 times per day. I will come back in 2 weeks in TLV but plan to be in an other hotel. I change my booking for the Hilton without hesitation. Good travel in TLV

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Sir.

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Tel Aviv, and for taking the time to give us some very nice and extensive feedback regarding your stay.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time in our hotel. I was also glad to hear that our team helped you to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable and you remained highly satisfied with the service provided by our team. Your comments are going to be of great motivation to all of us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was expecting a fairly ordinary stay based on the previous trip advisor postings, but I have to say they could not have been more inaccurate. This hotel exudes luxury. The staff is outstanding, friendly and helpful. The rooms are more than comfortable. I could not believe how modern the bathroom was with a glass shower and jacuzzi tub. The ahava products, fresh fruit in the room, and perfect location on the beautiful beach made this a perfect stay. The executive lounge is the BEST OF ANY LOUNGE I HAVE BEEN TO IN THE CHAIN!!! They serve meals not snacks!
The staff is very warm and welcoming and everyone speaks English! I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. I can't wait to return one day!

Room Tip: High floor. All rooms face the beach. Pool is gorgeous.
Dear Guest,

Your concluding sentence - “I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. I can't wait to return one day! “, made us very proud of our Hilton Tel Aviv.

Thank you for your positive comments on this website. We look forward to host you again in the near future.

Agoura Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Be careful - items are stolen from guest rooms. Security will not follow up for days. The hotel will take no responsibility. Also, plan on 30 - 45 minutes to check out. Last, if you reserve your room with points, be prepared to show your email receipt. Then, be prepared to follow up with HIlton Honors, as this property often charges you instead of applying your points. This makes for a poor experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Deborah,

Thanks for your review. However we have no reports of any stolen items from any of our guests in our hotel logged in the security office.

I am sure there is an explanation for your review. Could you write us directly an e-mail on this web site and we will call you right away to clear this.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

If you don't care about how you are treated, I would definitely recommend this beautiful hotel, which sits on a beautiful beach in a great location that can be admired from beautiful rooms. If you do care how you are treated, stay somewhere else!!! Our bad experience began at the pool when the pool supervisor, Avi, insulted us by relentlessly calling us liars about how many people were in our room (my husband, me, & 10 year old child). When he wasn't haggling us, he was kissing on the Natives & flirting with the female teen girls. Housekeeping was very rude and upset when we needed an extra towel for 3 people to take showers (apparently each room is only allotted 2 bath towels). We requested and paid extra for a late Shabbat checkout (8pm). At 5pm, the front desk manager, Roger, called asking if we 'have a problem' because checkout is at noon. When we attempted to explain we had a late checkout, he demanded to know who we talked to and when we made this request because he didn't have it in his system, again inferring we were liars. We went to the desk to speak with him & he denied the conversation and blamed a new computer system for the mistakes, which would have been understandable without having been insulted.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

Your review is under investigation in our executive committee to understand what went wrong during your stay.

Kindly allow me to apologies for your unpleasant experience. Could you send me a message on this website, identifying yourself so we will send you a more detailed response.

We do hope to have another opportunity to prove our service whenever you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I visiti Israel twice a year and always struggle with where to stay. I usually stay at THE MONTEFIORE boutique hotel. In my opinion it is the best hotel in Tel-Aviv if you are looking for something more sophisticated and on a smaller scale. The one drawback is that when you come to Tel-Aviv it is nice to be on the beach which Montefiore hotel is not.

This time I decided to try the Hilton, with it's excellent location and spectacular views of the sea.

Here are the pros:

Excellent location
Excellent service - throughout the hotel.
Sensible rooms with everything you would need in them.

Here are the cons:

The rooms while sensible and contain everything you need, are simply outdated by international standards. Even the newly renovated rooms are average by international standards. When an executive room has a nightly price of $990 a night, you expect something more sophisticated.

There is only ONE hotel at this point in Israel that in my mind has the level of sophistication as far as decor, and that is THE MAMILA in Jerusalem.

If the Mamila were in Tel-Aviv, and on the beach and had the excellent service that you find at the Hilton, then the Hilton would be a true 5 star hotel by International standards.

Additionally as business traveler staying at the hotel, I found two things to be simply annoying, and furthering the argument of the HIlton being an old fashioned hotel.

1. In 2012, this hotel is charging it's business guests internet use for EACH device that you connect to the internet with. So I had to pay for cell phone and laptop use separately.
Internet at all the other international hotels that I frequent is FREE as it should be. Here they not only charge but they charge twice. A simply foolish policy for a room that is $1,000 a night.

2. When I tried to use the business center to print some documents, I was told that I could not print wirelessly from my laptop, but that I had to email my documents to their computer and print from there. This is in 2012 - in a business center. If I can't easily print from a business center, than what's the point of a business center?

So it comes down to the fact that there simply isn't a hotel in Tel-Aviv that has the level of sophistication that you will find in larger European cities, so if one wants the views and great service, you are left with the hilton with it's old fashioned decor or The Dan another old fashioned hotel with great service.

But the Mamila is raising the bar for hotels in Israel, and it's only a matter of time that the Hilton will find some true competition.

Having said all this, I've already booked my next stay at the Hilton, simply because there isn't much choice in Tel-Aviv - I look forward to the views, the great service and will simply overlook all the bad decor (if i can help myself) -

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I am really sorry to read that your experience was not completely satisfactory.

Major refurbishments recently took place at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We have completed the renovations of the top ten floors. We have increased the living space of the new rooms and expanded the bathroom to include modern features and a separate shower. The rest of the floors will be renovated in the near future, especially those you mention in your review.

We strongly recommend our guests to join our hhonors benefit program worldwide. Hhonors Gold and Diamond enjoy free wifi in all stays around the globe and free entrance to our Health Club. You are welcome to read all about it using any search engine on your device.

West Orange, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is one of the oldest hotels in Tel Aviv...many new hotels like the David have emerged, but the location and the newly renovated rooms were nicely done, but not exceptional. Staff in the club lounge and lobby lounge very courteous and helpful. We would still stay there again anticpating further improvements.

We hosted a Friday night dinner for six which was well executed except for the (BOTTLED!!!???) gefilte fish...why bother.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

We have completed the renovations of the top ten floors and more changes will take place soon to keep our hotel the best in the city.

We will check your remark about Gefilte Fish. We usually get very good food backs for it. My apologies.

We look forward to your return in the near future. Please do let me know when your travels bring you to Tel Aviv so that we can ensure you have a seamless stay again.

Kind regards

Been to Hilton Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!