“Fine hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fine hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Nice hotel, great location, nice and calm atmosphere, great breakfast and free happy hour. Staff are friendly and service oriented. Room is averagely sized, but well equipped, with some nice details. Would go again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Kfar Vradim, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Exellent location near the sea and boardwalk' not far from the center. Good access to public transportation.Very nice and calm atmosphere. Maintenance is good. Stayed there several times on busyness and pleasure and will come again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

From the moment we first engaged in email contact with the hotel last year to the point of checking out, we had a lovely stay at The Melody.

We opted for a room with twin beds which had plenty of space and staff were kind enough to let us have this early as we arrived early; I note another reviewer's comment about lack of drawers - true, but there were shelves within the wardrobe to put things and hanging space for all our suits and dresses! We were on a low floor and could hear the street at times but we weren't in the room enough for it to bother us immensely. The room itself is very modern and the desk with stationery is a nice touch. Kettle and tea/coffee in rooms, no long-life milk.. When reception asked, a jug of fresh milk was provided from the kitchen - fantastic!

The only negative thing we noted about the rooms were the bathrooms. Despite the nice accessories and constant replenishment of tissues etc, they have not been kept as beautifully as the rooms themselves and although the power shower was modern and strong, there were cracks and patching in the bathroom and it was just not in keeping with the rest of the hotel and could use an update.

Breakfasts were delicious and plentiful; the only thing noteworthy is that nothing was labelled so it is harder for those with allergies to know what is in the breads/salads/biscuits/pastries etc. Toaster provided and cappuccino etc available at request from the waitresses who were very friendly. Happy Hour was a great addition after a long day out to be able to come in and enjoy a hot drink, glass of wine or fruit downstairs, in the privacy of your room or on the roof terrace with a beautiful view of sunset. Shabbat candles provided on request, as are yoga kits, jogging kits and beach kits (all with bottled water). It was a shame breakfast was not served later on Shabbat as is the norm in many Israeli hotels we have stayed in.

Staff happy to help with maps, recommendations and advice on request. Another great extra is the free DVD lending library if you fancy curling up with a film in your room. Wifi works beautifully throughout the hotel and it was lovely working on the roof terrace with the sun beaming down!

We really had a wonderful stay at the Melody and would heartily recommend it to others. Oded and all his staff were polite, friendly and eager to please and we really felt welcome at this small hotel.

**on return home I had an email from the general manager thanking us for choosing hotel, etc, and asking for feedback. I was not impressed when the link brought me straight to the tripadvisor page. I would have contributed a review here regardless, and felt that if the manager wanted specific private feedback he could have provided a questionnaire on departure as is the norm in many hotels we have stayed in, or an internal website questionnaire. It almost felt like a fishing expedition for public compliments when I had plenty to give anyway. This does not in any way detract from our wonderful stay and our desire to return!**

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear sweetgems,
Thank you very much for your kind and considerate review. We are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for all of your kind compliments towards the staff and the hotel. We recognize that fact that you were not pleased with the email you received upon arriving home. However please note that TripAdvisor is how we choose to receive our feedback. We are proud and trust that we offer a wonderful hospitality experience and so we choose an open & popular forum, TripAdvidor, to collect our reviews so others can benefit from the reviews, instead of using an internal system that is only available for the hotel to read. We greatly appreciate when guests take time to share their thoughts. However if we offended you in any way please know that was not our intention and we apologize if this is how you felt. But we do appreciate the fact that you did take the time to share your feedback and we would like to thank you for your enthusiastic recommendation. We are happy you chose to stay with us at the Melody Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Galit Ilan, General Manager, Melody Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The melody is an excellent "boutique" hotel. The rooms are small but very well equipped and comfortable. Breakfast is extremely good and the "happy Hour" shouldn't be missed. The staff are friendly and helpful. This is an ideal hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one week (March 2014). Agree with all the positive comments on here - namely friendly staff, good breakfasts, great location, relaxed vibe, happy hour is a really nice touch and the roof terrace a good bonus - however I experienced some issues which I want to share and in order to provide a more balanced review.

I changed rooms three times - this is because the rooms on the lower levels which face either the main road or the side street are ridiculously noisy. I felt like I was sleeping in a bus stop! I guess there is no double glazing! Other guest I spoke to also had changed rooms and were frustrated by the noise.

The other issue is room size. Given the room changes - I experienced the size of three of the double bedrooms (think they are called "Classic" rooms). I was travelling alone and I really think that two people in those rooms would really struggle with space. They are pretty small - even for one person. There is very little space in the wardrobes too - seems none of the rooms I was in had any drawer space which I found odd and very annoying. Half my clothes were left in the suitcase. The hanging wardrobe space consists of one outstretched rod - so very little hanging space even for one person.

Final comment - pillows. They were like giant hard sponges!

Would I stay there again? Not sure - I liked the hotel and the location and the relaxed vibe - but as I imagine I would be unlikely to be guaranteed a room on the higher levels - I would probably be reluctant to book again.

My tip to the traveller - take some earplugs!
My tip to the hotel (which I mentioned whilst there) - put some earplugs in the rooms - that would be a lot more useful to guests than the box of colouring pencils and the sharpener that's there already!

Room Tip: Opt for higher floors due to noise issues.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Juliette,
Thank you for your honest and thorough review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your detailed views of the hotel. In addition we would like to thank you for your suggestions, your comments have been recognized by management and will be taken into consideration. We are happy to hear you were pleased with our staff, location and overall environment. With regards to your room, we understand that everyone has their own level of sensitivity to noise, and even with our double glazed windows, we understand that rooms facing the street may be more sensitive to street noise. However we are happy to hear that we were able to move you to a room you were more satisfied with and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have felt. Please note that our hotel is a classic European style boutique hotel, and our rooms do reflect this style. Yet we respect your opinions regarding the rooms and for sharing them. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, we do our best to accommodate the needs of all our guests and we will do our very best to give you a room you are pleased with.

Galit Ilan, General Manager, Melody Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel has a good location, walking distance to beach and town. Very helpful and friendly staff. They have everyday except for saturday "Happy Hour" from 5.00 pm. to 8. pm where they serve wine,coffee, snacks and fruit, and people can join and relax after a busy day. Rooms OK, bathroom a bit small, and if you have a room to the street on lower level floor, you will have a bit noise from the traffic. The terrace on the roof is great for relaxing and has a great view.
We can recommend the hotel and if coming back to Tel Aviv, we would choose the hotel again.

Netanya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My brother persuaded me to come to Tel-aviv to join him & three other family members, staying at MELODY hotel for a few days - (wedding in Tel-aviv area).
I was so happy he prevailed upon me so to do!...Hotel spotlessly clean...I had room with walk-in shower (which I chose over one with bath). Anything I needed provided promptly by Housekeeping.
Breakfast was great - anything (dairy) one could want...eggs - scrambled/omelette/boiled/"shakshouka"...great variety of delicious breads;croissants, etc. juices; cheeses/fish; salads; cereals & coffee/tea.of course
"Happy Hour" was a delight...wines/mozzarella cheese balls/sandwiches & nibbles.
Roof terrace - amazing view & pitcher of "limonana" (lemonade with spearmint leaves) enjoyed up there..
Shall certainly recommend to friends & anyone who asks for advice: should love to return to MELODY hotel if opportunity arises......and it's so central in Tel-aviv's heart, facing the sea & park/promenade & within easy walking distance of shops; restaurants.
I just want to add I was impressed by all the staff - courteous; smiling & always ready to help - whether in dining-room; reception or housekeeping - this means SO much!

Room Tip: If you prefer walk-in-shower to climbing into a (low) bath, then ask for room with walk-in--shower!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!