“Relaxing Luxury” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 88 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Jerusalem
“Relaxing Luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

My wife, 13 year old son and I just spent 2 days at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel Aviv, Israel.
From the moment we reached the front desk until we left, the hotel staff was very helpful, courteous.
The room was very elegant and modern, polished wood accented by black fixtures, with a large mirrored wall and a very comfortable bed. The bed provided for my son had a firm mattress, as opposed to the usual fold away soft matresses provided by hotels for an extra guest in the room.
The one word that best describes the room is: Relaxation!!

The hotel is located just off beach boardwalk towards the southern end of the city. Not far too the south is picturesque Jaffa, just to the east are the quaint streets and alleyways of Neve Tzedek.

Best of all we loved (!!!) the amazing breakfast. As my wife were walking up and down the long buffet table seeing what they had, I told my wife, "This is really over the wall."
They had many different types of hard and soft cheeses, fish, salads, breads, cakes and cookies. They had a table with many different types of juice dispensers.........you could even squeeze your own orange juice. Two cooks were at one end of the dining hall preparing omeletes, scrambled eggs, pancakes and waffles. A few waiters came around constantly to refill our coffee cups and to remove used dishes.

One of the front desk staff was very patient in explaining and drawing out on a map of Tel Aviv the various destinations that I wanted to reach by car.

The view from our room was beautiful especially in the early morning and late evening at sunrise and sunset. The pool was emptied of water (it being winter) but from our room on the 13th floor it sure looked nice.

The only drawback I can think of is that the room did not come equipped with a small fridge that we could use. There was a refrigerator stocked with various drinks however they were unfortunately exorbitantly priced.

All in all I can't wait to get back to some rest and relaxation at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Hebrew first
Karlsruhe, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

I'm in Israel on a regular base -at least 4 times a year - for business reason and I tested some other hotels in TLV prior I got to the Dan Panorama. Here I really feel as a guest and not only as a number and hence the Dan Panorama became my second home. Staff recognize me and taking care in order to let me feel most comfortable. One of the highlights is the breakfast! There is everything for everyone! I love all those delicous salads and cookies.
After this breakfast I have the necessary energy I need all day long for my demanding business.
Compliments to the whole crew!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Springs, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

This hotel was packed for new years eve. People were buzzing around and loosing their patience about small things. The staff were always patient and understanding (even though some guests should rather stay home and avoid the stress of travel)
The food was awesome and offered a wide variety. The views were great.
Very central. Offered good underground parking (a bit pricey though)
Our cel phone charger was damaged by one of the cleaners. Management went the extra mile to assist us - in the end they could not fix it, but offered to buy a new one, which the thought counted.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I just completed a stay with extended family at this hotel. There were 13 of us in six hotel rooms in the Executive "Dan Club" section of the hotel - floors 17 & 18. We had just completed a stay at the sister hotel in Jerusalem - the King David which was excellent from top to bottom - rooms, staff, service, location etc.

The Dan Panorama while centrally located and more reasonably priced was a horrible experience. The staff were often rude, dismissive, and uninterested. I was yelled at by the housekeeping staff for requesting a laundry pickup at 10am when that was the time I was told when they would not pick up my clothes the previous evening. My 11 year old daughter was not allowed into the Executive lounge for even a glass of orange juice or a piece of bread. We were not allowed to bring her anything from this lounge either. There policies are foolish and discriminating.

We were mistakenly charged for internet when we did not use it, and were yelled at by the front desk for disputing the charge. For six rooms and a few thousand dollars they would not simply remove the charge. It makes no sense to me and we all found it apalling and very short sighted. I would never stay at this hotel again, nor would I ever recommend it, especially not with perfectly fine hotels located so close by.

Please pass on this one. Stay at their sister hotel - the King David when in Jerusalem.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this review, January 12, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
We regret not living up to your expectations.

1. Our Carmel Executive Lounge serves mainly corporate clients. Furthermore, as food and drinks (including alcoholic beverages) are available on the buffet for self service, we do not allow children under 18 years old. Israeli law prevents us from serving alcohol to guests under 18 years old. This is a common policy in most major hotels operating such executive lounge.

2. For same day laundry service, items must be handed over to housekeeping no later than 9 a.m. This is clearly printed on our laundry/dry cleaning list and in our directory of services available in each room.

3. Due to human error we posted a wrong double charge for wireless internet, for which we sincerely apologize. We will credit your account within the next few days.

We assure you that we will continue our constant efforts to maintain and improve our services and facilities and train our staff to the highest standard of service for the benefit of our clients.

Thank you for staying at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv.
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

The hotel is clean and the food is very good, especially the breakfast buffet which is outstanding. Almost every room has a view on the sea. The hotel is convieniently situated to Yaffo and the Carmel market, both are in footwalking distance. I recommend the rooms on the "Carmel floors", which are in contemporary design. Staying in theses floors gives access to the "Carmel lounge" on the 18th floor.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

First and foremost, the service was exceptional. The staff were friendly and they all spoke very good English. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and we were regularly contacted to make sure that we had everything we needed.
The hotel is in a brilliant location, right on the beach, close to the Carmel Market, and surrounded by wonderful cafes and restaurants. We were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go but there is also a bus depot is right behind the hotel.
The room was comfortable and a nice size with a view of the sea.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
melbourne, australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
We had 4 nights before our tour began and returned for a week after our tour completed.
Though the decor is a little dated, the service was incomparable to any other hotel we have stayed at during our time in Israel.
The staff went out of their way to provide us with the convenience and comfort we required.
The service was prompt, polite and well executed.
The location is excellent - beach front views, walking distance from the Carmel Market, Nahalat Binyamin restaurants and bazaar, Shibazi street eateries, and a 10 minute walk to Jaffa.
It has been a wonderful holiday, and I will stay here again the next time I am in Israel.

A special thanks to Sigal Rajuan who went out of her way to make our stay more comfortable!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Dan Panorama Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!