On an earlier business trip to Tel Aviv this year, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza. I was not happy - my room was dirty and I didn't really like the service at the hotel. I embarked on trying to find another hotel in the same area. I booked the City Hotel for 4 nights as it was three blocks from my customer's office and had good reviews.
There isn't anything fancy about the hotel but it feels clean and intimate. My room was on the 5th floor and I had a better view of the sea than I had at the Crowne Plaza. The room was small but there was no carpet and the important thing was that it felt clean. The bed was a little more firm than I like but ok. Here's my take:
- Free internet that worked consistently with no limit on devices
- Hot water for shower any time of day
- Free liter of water
- Two blocks from beach
- Near restaurants, shops, etc
- Breakfast was good with lots of choices. Really good fresh fruits and a very nice berry compote to put on yougart. I think I personally was responsible for eating it all because they didn't have it the last day I was there...
- Free bicycle rental
- Laundry service is overnight not same day. My undergarments came back not so soft.
- Morning staff in restaurant pick and choose who they will be friendly with unfortunately, I wasn't one of them...
- Maid kept taking my soap everyday and leaving me new soap. Really kind of a waste...
- You have to step into the bathtub and it is high with no anti slip mat. This could be dangerous for older guests
- They have those horrid box on the wall hair dryers. The head fell off when I was drying my hair. I despise these type of hair dryers!
- Elevators are really small - it was only me and my luggage which was a small bag and my computer bag plus a shopping bag.
- This hotel caters to tour groups so each day there was a different group there.
- Also Known As:
- City Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv City Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The City Hotel is for tourists and businesspeople who want to fully experience the dynamic city of Tel Aviv. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of the city’s tourism and business district and a short walk from the city’s most popular leisure spot – the expansive Mediterranean beaches – many of its guestrooms offer a gorgeous view of the sea. The Hotel has 96 guestrooms, 24 of which have private balconies and all of which are equipped with a direct dial phone with voice mail, free wi-fi access, Flatt Screen TV, a mini-fridge and coffee and tea facilities, and a personal safe. the Hotel offers a wide range of services and facilities to make guests comfortable. They include free parking, rich Israeli breakfast, attentive room service, a lobby lounge with free wi-fi access, a free internet station, and a charming outdoor coffee shop. A gym is available in a nearby location for a moderate charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Prima City Hotel Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.