We had stayed exclusively at Leonardo hotels for 11 nights, including 3 rooms for 5 nights at the Basel, in Tel Aviv.
The staff (with the exception of one person who was amazing) were terrible, and what made this worse, was it was the management / supervisor level that was the worst. They were rude, unhelpful and arrogant .
Standing with my kids, waiting for the (small) lift. When the doors opened, three senior staffmembers pushed in front of us so there was no space for our family in the lift. I gave them a piece of my mind.
But the best example of the worst service has to be my discussion with Naomi - the banquet manager. She rudely stared at us during breakfast, interrupting a happy family discussion. When I asked her what she wanted, she said she wanted to do a survey. I reluctantly agreed and she tried to pressure me into writing a good review on Tripadvisor. I said that first, she could do something for me. We'd paid for 33 room nights with Leonardo (3 rooms, 11 nights) and we needed one more night, for my wife's parents to join us at short notice. I asked her to see what rate she could organise.
She came back 5 minutes later and offered me a rate that was much more than I was already paying per room. When I explained that this was ridiculous, she said:
1. What do you want to pay?
2. If you want I can try and get you a 1% discount
3. Your rate you're currently paying you got off expedia / hotels.com etc. This was factually wrong and insulting!
I explained that I booked my rooms through front reception, not a discount website.
She then pushed me to complete a review on trip advisor, so here it is. She is without doubt the worst suited employee I have ever met for the hospitality industry.
Other notable mentions:
- The chefs and staff at the breakfast were rude and miserable.
- The man who collected used plates from the table STARED at the children to the point where I told him to walk away "NOW".
There was one shining light at this hotel. Shay - who worked at reception. She could land a job at any hotel in the world , no idea why she puts up with the shoddy management at this one. If not for Shay, we would have checked out on day 1.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Leonardo Basel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basel Tel Aviv