“Very good hotel at the beach” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Berlin, Germany
“Very good hotel at the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Great location, breakfast, service, rooms etc. Only 100 m to the beach. Don't miss Restaurant Manta Ray 500 m towards Yaffo.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
InterContinental555, Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to place some feedback. I am pleased that our facilities meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Thomas Fehlbier (Resident Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Hebrew first
Horsham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

The check in was fine and room a good size with a nice big bed. The location is good, right across from the beach. Difficult to see the view as the windows are so dirty. You cant get hot food on room service from 15.30 on Friday until Sunday. They got my order wrong even though there is only a very limited selection. Very expensive and not of a good standard. Internet is $22 plus tax for 24 hours making it one of the most expensive hotels I have ever stayed in for internet access.

A good business hotel, I would not recommend this hotel for tourists. Many other hotels offering a better all round service I'm sure.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I booked with American Express Platinum and this allowed me to check in on the 24th floor concierge lounge and gave me several benefits including: Free dinner for two at their 5 star restaurant (loved it, highly recommend it in every way), a free room upgrade to a suite, 4PM checkout (they actually let me stay till 6PM).

Every employee except one was superb! They were helpful, talkative when I needed them to be, quiet when we needed that, brought us stuff, gave perfect recommendations, were kind, considerate, neat, etc. One employee BARKED at us one time for taking too many free waters from the concierge room... another employee quickly put him under her control and shut him down.

I strongly recommend staying on concierge level, which gives you all day and evening access to the lounge that has more than enough food to only eat there if you needed that. More often, you would use it for breakfast or late snacks. AEX gave free daily breakfast too, but I think everyone in the hotel may have had free breakfast. The breakfast on the third floor was clean, wonderful, and had an enormous variety beyond what you would ever hope to see anywhere in America. Breakfast had everything from Miso soup to custom made egg omelets. Lot of Israel cheeses, dried fruits and nuts, cereal, smoked fish, bagels, delicious healthy breads, and much much more. I would easily pay $50 to have a similar breakfast in te US, but I'd still be unable to find any place in America that offers this (except the Four Seasons sometimes has a Sunday brunch like this?).

The hotel will trade your money for NIS upon request and they give you a very fair rate.

The Spa however is a different story. The spa is not owned by the hotel and can nicely be described as a DUMP. It is filthy, it is old, and it is gross. Never ever get a massage at this hotel. Mark my words, they need a major upgrade on rooms, process, and the people, before I'd ever go back there for a massage. There is no place in the world I have ever been to that I can compare this to, unless they now offer spas in Motel 6 hotels or in a pawn shop.

Lastly, about the hotel rooms themselves....

First of all, the windows do not close well and thus it is a bit noisy from the street. It seems worse from the low numbered floors. Not so bad.

The bed is very comfortable, the sheets are VERY clean, a few of the towels could not be used because they came dirty to us. The bathroom was cleaned well, in every way. The shower was hot and strong. An extra large jet tub was there, but I never used it.

This is a NON-SMOKING HOTEL, and I stayed on NON-SMOKING FLOOR. Yet there was an ashtray in my room, with matches, and my room, and the WHOLE HALLWAY stunk to high hell of cigarette smoke and CLEANER they used to try to hide the small of smoke. It was absolutely disgusting! But the first room we got was tiny, had a ripped carpet, and a cracked tile between the bedroom and bathroom floor. They then upgraded us to a low floor that stunk of cigarette smoke, but then we demanded to be moved back to the first room. The next day they upgraded us to a high floor room, but then it turned out to also be a smoking room and this time we decided to stay there for the rest of our trip. We just gave up and couldn't bare to move again! But we had to suffer the extreme horrible smell. We left our windows open (all three of them) day and night to help with the smell. Some days the smell of smoke was getting worse and it became clear that it was being BLOWN IN through the AC somehow, and then it vented through the closet, making all our clothing smell bad too! OUCH.

See photos indicating that this is a smoke free hotel, a smoke free floor, yet the room has an ash tray and matches! When we were asked how our stay way going, a woman sent us a bottle of wine to the room. It was the same wine we get for free at the concierge lounge, so we did not open it and left it in the room at the end of the trip. We did try to explain that we did not want to move again, and we were not looking for anything to compensate us with.

Last thing... the views were amazing. I will include some of those photos too!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Larnaka, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010 via mobile

During our 3 days stay very recently for my husband's business, had a fantastic time at david interconti tel aviv, it was so recomended by friends, loved the service, restaurants, amazing american breakfast, one of the best really even from many f. S hotels, i was really impressed, very happy with the service and their friendliness towards us. The rooms were huge but really need renovation as far as the design is concerned, too classic for our style. Apart from this i really loved tge hotel and its location on beachfront with our amazing view from our room and the boutigue of jewellry & art with unigue designs from the best artists from the world. Also lovely and fantastic paintings in the art gallery... What to say!!! We loved the hotel and its american way of israel's life!! The city of night out!!!

• Stayed December 2010
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

Tel Aviv is one of the most energetic cities on earth on the cost of the Mediterranean. Unfortunately, there are not many good hotels there. There are essentially only 2 very good high level hotels the Hilton and the David Intercontinental. I stayed in both of them several times and it is clear to me that if you are interested in a great hotel with pleasant not arrogant attitude you should choose the David rather than the Hilton. Although the location of the David is slightly off the shore, it is closer the Jaffe and to the Carmel open market and to several restaurants in Neve Tzedek. The room is large and comfortable, the bed is very comfortable and the amentias in the room are sufficient. If you choose the club level, the exercise facility is a part of the deal and the club in the 24th floor is a great plus. As opposed to the club level in the Hilton, in the David the staff is pleasant and friendly and you can invite your guests or business colleagues to meet with you. I wish the Wi Fi would be a part of the deal since it is very expensive. The breakfast is a typical Israel breakfast with a lot of choices all of the fresh.
The button line is: if you want to have a pleasant stay in Tel Aviv, choose this hotel.
RSTMN 8/10

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

Stayed at the David Intercontinental for two nights in November. The rooms are clean, with an excellent view of the sea front. The position is also very good for Tel Aviv and Yaffa. We had booked a delux room which meant that we did not have a balcony as strangely the rooms with the balconies are the cheapest ones. The conciege sevice is excellent with the staff being very knowledgeable. They have a strange protocol in this hotel of calling the room after you request something to make sure it had been done. This ended with numerous telephone message being left only adding to the frustration that what you had asked for had actually not been attended to!!! We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Glasgow,Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We travelled with a large party for my daughter's wedding in Rehovot nr Tel Aviv and stayed in the David for a week. I thought the hotel was excellent and the staff superb. Anything we asked of them they did with a smile . The breakfast was as good as we have had in any hotel(I love getting a proper cappucino without any hassle)and the pool area was good.We had a large group for the Friday night buffet which was terrrific.. Location is perfect and we would definitely stay in this hotel when we next visit.

• Stayed October 2010

Been to InterContinental David Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!