“Excellent hotel, what you would expect from a Western 5 star” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #40 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
UK
“Excellent hotel, what you would expect from a Western 5 star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Great service, well appointed rooms. The restaurants are a bit dull and the gym could maybe do with a makeover (too much packed into too small a space) but the swimming pool is good and the location very good. Concierge very helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

I have been to Tel Aviv 5 or 6 times before and stayed in the different hotels along the beach including the Hilton, Sheraton, etc. Usually I am travelling to Israel for Business this time I took my wife for a great vacation break
In 2008 I have stayed at the David InterContinental for the first time - the hotel was ok but nothing special. Now we decided to give it another try and I must admit - what a tremendous change to our initial visit and to the other hotels in Tel Aviv.
The Check-in was smooth and we received a newly renovated room with a great view to the sea. What an amazing view .....
Luggage was sent by the hotel's bell staff without having it requested. The overall first impression was very good. Even though the hotel themed to be busy during our stay from Thursday to Monday, we always had the feeling of personalized and professional Service - especially at the Breakfast Restaurant, the pool, the Concierge and the great Aubergine Restaurant. One mornig we ejoyed Breakfast by Room Service - very very nice! The Breakfast itself is arranged in the Jaffa Restaurant which is part of an impressive Lobby Atrium and serves by far the best Israelian Breakfast I have experienced so far. Great fruit selection, fresh juices, Eggs cooked to your liking, daily changing selection of warm dishes and an amazingly friendly staff.
The pool is quiet during the weekdays and a little more busy very the weekend. You must try the great steaks from the grill with the BBQ sauce. We have been twice to the Aubergine Restaurant which was both evenings good occupied but not to busy. Great Wine Recommondation ad good food. It's obviously with kosher kitchen - but very good. I can't make up a difference to any other trendy Restaurant with a good selection of mediterranea food.
The hotel is located in probably the best spot of the city - very close to the Neve Tzedek "White City"...also all Beach Restaurants and shopping areas are in short distance. To the old twon of Jaffa - it's a 15 minutes walk along the newly built Promende park.
Overall impression: No comparison to our first visit. This hotel is for sure the best on the beach and we will definately come back.
Just be aware that Tel Aviv is one of the more expensive cities and starting from hotel prices, to Restaurants and other costs it;s not a cheap holiday. But for sure worth it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

Well we were lucky, stayed in a deluxe room over the 10 days and we get the extras like slippers and plasma (they still have old style TV's in regular room) and a better bed.

I must say, I slept better than ever on the cofty deluxe room bed. It was a pleasure. Probably the best thing about the hotel. Shower was good too.

The pool is just adequte, and over passover, far too full, and one day it was full of little flies so we couldnt swim. Spotty kid Pool attendents just stood there bemused.

Breakfast was a let down. We are used to amazing Israeli breakfasts with different cheeses, many fish, eggs made in different ways and Shakshuka (a must for an israeli breakfast). This hotel tended to have very little choice compared to its other 5 (and even 4 star) neighbours so i was very un-impressed. They tried to use gimmicks liek a capachinno machine, but to be honest people like real smoked salmon, not uncooked salmon with no flavour. Also, salad selection was poor and staff seemed to understand russian rather than English.

Also, the dinners was overpriced. around £80 dollars per head (without wine). While it was beatifully presented it represented aweful value for 4 people relative to the amazing good value eateries outside the hotels.

And lastly, 6 dollars (no kidding) for a can of coke in the minibar or at pool. Are you joking? In israel? 6 bucks buys you a case of 24 across trhe road.

I dont know, Im not staying here again unless they reduce thier prices. Yes, the hotel looks nice but is still not up to international standard and should not charge these prices when there are clear cutbacks such as breakfasts.

I would stay at the Dan for the same price as at least its consistent, just as comfy, better location and more reasonable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Noida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

Very good restaurants, supporting staff, excellent business centre, ideal place for business executives, nice food.

• Liked — Ambience
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

I thought the hotel was very nice, however the first night I stayed there my friend requested a room with a balcony. The decor in this room was shabby and outdated. When we checked back in --we left for one night to go to another city, they put us on the 18th floor with an amazing view and very up to date nice room. It had a flat screen tv, huge bathroom with marble, mini fridge, very comfortable bed and pillow mattress etc. We even ordered room service one night which they totally messed up but compensated our pizza and gave us a free fruit basket. I felt safe in this hotel and treated well.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

Fabulous location, across from the beach, near everything. Lobby nice. Check in, poor. Front desk clerk did some typing on the computer, then sent me to another clerk...who helped another guest behind me first, and then typed some more...sadly all this could be fixed better training.

Service in bar, poor (waited almost 20 min for a drink to come around). Food was really mediocre in lounge...come on, there is great food in israel...hotel should get some bettter cooking going!

Room was ok, but thin walls! Listened to the tv next door keeping me awake...even after calling security to see if they would get it turned down.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2009

First off I must say that writing these hotel reviews/adding photos is time consuming. Thankfully this is the last one of this trip. I have to admit, I do believe that when planning this trip that Tel Aviv gave us the most difficulty when trying to find a hotel that was reviewed well, and provided ocean view rooms for a 'fair' price (ocean view was important to us because we may never be back to Tel Aviv). It was difficult. None of the hotels in Tel Aviv are really ranted and raved about consistently, they all get really bad reviews. We chose the Intercontinental and when we arrived, we were so glad that we did.

Unlike other posters we thought the service was terrific. When I checked in the fellow at reception was so nice to me, pleasant and welcoming .. plus he gave me a king room on the 16th floor. We had booked an ocean view room and 'requested' a high floor, but reception can place you wherever they please when you check in. I was so happy with our room, I actually made a point of later in the day going to the reception and personally thanking the fellow for the room he assigned us. After reading reviews of all hotels in Tel Aviv, our expectations were pretty low so to say that we were pleasantly surprised is an understatement. Our room was very well appointed, spacious, comfortable and clean and the ocean view worth it. The bathroom was huge and clean and again well appointed - no complaints. We ordered room service upon arrival and enjoyed a delicious lunch. Food was great, service terrific and arrived in a timely manner. The fact that the "entire" hotel is non smoking is amazing given where we are, and much appreciated.

Unlike other posters complaining about the restaurant, we thought the breakfast buffet was possibly one of the better ones of the trip. The complimentary cappuccinos (as many as you would like) and array of items were excellent from pancakes, omelets, fresh fruit, a chocolate cake (to die for), etc., etc.

One comment I will agree on, is the price of internet use. It's a blatant rip off to be honest. With that said, I don't travel to use the internet with my laptop, but it would be nice if it were available for free or certainly a more reasonable price for checking flights, etc. The price was annoying but certainly not a deal breaker on how I would review a hotel. I also wish to point out that the Intercontinental certainly was not the only hotel on this trip to charge a daily fee like this. To our surprise, throughout our trip all the hotels in this region of the world for whatever reason feel obliged to charge exorbitantly for internet use.

As you can see we had a completely different experience from some of the other posters. I do see by looking at other traveller's photos that there does appear to be quite a difference in rooms. The location of the hotel was ideal in our opinion. We walked down to where the Hilton, Sheraton and Crowne Plaza were and we would not have been happy staying in that location. It just wasn't very desirable. Others commented on the noise from a disco ... I don't know if it was because we were on the 16th floor, but we did not hear any noise and found the hotel pretty quiet.

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental David Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!