“Surpassed expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 88 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Boston
“Surpassed expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Some of the prior reviews caused some concern and although I agree with others that charging for wii fii is ridiculous, we were very pleased with our stay. We found the room big enough for us and our kids (11 and 13). The room and grounds were clean and modern, the location perfect, and the breakfast amazing. Our experience with the staff was great including the help we recieved making dinner plans.
Would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
naamabd, Sales and Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear mhpif,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with our spacious rooms.

Regarding the wifi charges, you will be happy to hear that this July all Gold and Platinum loyalty members will receive free Wifi and staring in 2014 all guests will have free wifi in the hotel. We also have I-Pads in our lobby for our guests to use.

Please visit us again soon.

Regards
Sales and Marketing Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Hebrew first
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family stayed here for 5 nights in June.We had 2 inter connecting executive suite rooms.
Have stayed here before and would only stay again if something newer isn't available.At the moment this is still prob best of an ordinary choice.
Was still happy overall with hotels amenities-pool is lovely, hotels position excellent, room clean and spacious(although bathrooms tired), executive lounge adequate,breakfast delicious,reception and staff all very friendly and efficient -a very good hotel -but so it should be for what you pay. the price of rooms here is extremely high and for such high prices the rooms should include free wifi- especially when you can get free wifi ON THE BEACH !!!! If you stay at any tel aviv hostel for around 90 shekels a night they include free wifi !!!! Not even free wifi in the executive lounge-although they had computers for free use but who wants to do that ?
this small fault lets the hotel down.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing tel aviv not dan panorama next door
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
naamabd, Sales and Market at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear MelbourneNicole,

Thank you for your comments!
We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took advantage of our pool area and our great location.
You will be happy to hear that this July all Gold and Platinum loyalty members will receive free Wifi and staring in 2014 all guests will have free Wifi in the hotel. We also have free I-Pads in our lobby for our guests to use.

We hope to host you and your family again soon!

King regards,
Sales and Marekting department
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am actually now staying in this hotel as I paid already in advance and I can't cancel,
The service in this hotel is the worst, every one has a big smile to you but it ends there,
It's like u coming in a beautiful palace expected to be served nice and polite, but whatever u need they don't have,
And of they do have it than it take forever to get it or its complicated
Here is what I have had
Arriving to hotel they gave me a room so I asked to get on a higher floor with a better beach Vew so they told me in order to get it I have to pay more because they so call it executive room, so than I went to the pool and I asked for a piña clade it took 15 minute to come and it had no alcohol in it, than I wanted to order dinner it became all complicated, first the have 3 restaurants the meat restaurant has almost nothing in the menu 3 people in front of me asked nicely the wateriest if its ok if they go in a different restaurant, than I went to the dairy one was closed and than the main lobby bar has dairy food only really not good food takes forever to come a guy sitting next to us called the main manager why he was ignored over 25 minute,
I ordered a coke it took about 15 minute to come when the place was almost empty and 4 waiters where walking around and doing nothing than they charged me for the coke $4.85 plus 18% tip,
Than they told me if I want better food I can order from my room but I can't eat it in the lobby restaurant because its a different Kichen,
Than I was looking for attraction the supposedly who this is his only job in hotel had no clue, what's going on and his information was inaccurate, I know the spa is closed I haven't even checked it out yet but as what I heard that its closed already for a very long time and they keep on pushing off the opening time, I can go on and on and I still have 3 more days here hopefully it's not gona get worst,
In other words a nice hotel with no service, and very expensive,

• Stayed July 2013
naamabd, sales and marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Im10977,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We take all comments very seriously and do all we can to improve and learn from our guest's comments.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. While we understand that this does not change the experience you had it is important that you know that we do not take this lightly and are looking into all the shortcomings your mentioned here.

Please contact me as we would like to look into these matters and it would be helpful for us to receive further details.

limor.alster@ihg.com
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The "David" as it is known in Tel Aviv is simply a beautifully designed hotel overlooking the Mediterannean Sea. It is not right on the shoreline but across the road. So if you prefer being right on the Sea I would suggest the Hilton or the brand new Royal Beach.
The "David" seems to be home away from home for many business travellers. It has the best breakfast buffet in town and was included in our hotel room price. It is a gorgeous piece of architecture and the rooms are really good but not spectacular. The service we experienced was OK. The concierge service was unpleasant. We waiting for half an hour while the concierge chatted with a couple about a winery. We gave up and went to the front desk for help. The service around the pool is non existent. Must be self serve. We were there for 8 nights. The pool closes very early at 7pm. The pool area is fantastic however and we loved spending time there. Comfortable, large pool with a lap lane. Good food with so so refreshments. Overall the food was quite good at the hotel. We just found the service to be inattentive at the inside pool bar. There were 2 "servers" standing at the cash fighting about who would come and take our order... Not good. If I was the manager I would have fired both of them on the spot. Probably one of them was a manager. Room Service was better. The location was very will situated to many attractions such as the Carmel Market, the restaurants at the Station and shopping areas. Easy in and out without backed up traffic. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, we thought the service should be better for the Intercontinental.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Sea as high up as possible
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
naamabd, Sales and Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Gee557,

Thank you for your comments.

We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that our breakfast buffet was to your liking.

We work hard to train our staff to give the best of service that should of course be in line with the InterContinental brand and I apologize that you did not experience the high level of service that you should have.

I hope you will visit us again in the future so that we can restore your confidence in our hotel.

Sales and marketing department
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband was on business and I accompanied him on this trip to Tel Aviv. We were upgraded on arrival to an Executive Room which was very well laid out with a large bathroom. I was very pleased with the sea view too. The beach is literally across the road, along with lots of green space and parks. Old Jaffa is about a twenty minute walk along the coast.

The lobby area is spacious and well laid out with lots of comfortable furniture. I would describe the hotel as very high end, and really luxurious.

I would definitely stay here again. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is wonderful and the pool area is really lovely. It is suitable for couples or families, business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear 21stcenturyhousewife,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and that you took advantage of our great location.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Best Regards,
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We only stayed here one night, our night of arrival. It is a beautiful location, right on the beach (across the street) and minutes from Jappa. The morning breakfast, included, was wonderful, including our cappuccino. The rooms were a nice size, with everything clean and comfortable.

My one major complaint is that the windows were REALLY dirty. With such amazing views, they need to clean them much more often so you can really enjoy the views.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
naamabd, Sales and Marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Ginacoco,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us.

We are so glad you enjoyed our great location and our bountiful breakfast as these are points of pride for us.

Regarding the windows, we take all our guest reviews very seriously and we will pass this remark on to the head of the appropriate department.

We hope to see you soon in Tel Aviv and at our hotel for a longer stay.

Sales and marketing department
Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We've just returned from our Summer Holiday, that we in Israel this year. Most of our trip, we stayed in Tel Aviv, and slept at the InterContinental Tel Aviv. What a great hotel! The hotel has a great variety of F&B departments, including various restaurants, lounges and bars. Breakfast is definitely a must do at this hotel, although it's very busy usually, they have such a broad selection, you just can't stop eating. One of our favorite outlets was the Aubergine Restaurant. You literally feel like being in a candy shop. This gourmet restaurants offers a perfect selection of food and wines, in a recently renovated restaurant. We're helped by lovely staff, were greeted by the Chef and the competent Restaurant Manager showed her interest in our plans & stay in the hotel. The bars (regular bar and pool bar) are great to relax at for a bit, and use one of their IPADs to quickly google something. Quite honestly, to give a remark; the service wasn't the best I ever had, so I see some opportunities there, but then again I'm not too much of a complainer. The rooms are, to my opinion, very nice, and surprisingly enough, have fairly large bathrooms. We got lucky and received a upgrade to a nice room with a Balcony on the ninth floor, thanks again, Guest Relations! We very much enjoyed staying at this property, and will return as soon as we can. And the good thing is, the new spa is opening soon and they are really investing in this property. Apart from that, the personalized service and acknowledgement from the staff, impressed us. If we could only have stayed longer.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
naamabd, sales and marketing at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear du_frank,

Thank you so much for your detailed review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our amazing breakfast selection and the rest of our venues. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to Dana, the manager of Aubergine.

We are so happy you were able to fully experience the high level of service we strive to give all our guest and we hope to host you again soon.

Regards,
Sales and Marketing Department

Been to InterContinental David Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!