“Best place in tel aviv” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #40 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Best place in tel aviv”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out from the hotel .

Great hotel with great location .

The food was amazing .

I must mention the FB manager operational manager Hadar and her staff Alex , Olga , Daniel , Dana for a great job .

I was part of a group that stayed at the inter continental for 6 nights and we enjoy every second .

So happy to come back again and for sure will stay there next time .

Home away from home .

• Stayed March 2013
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Hi liormahatabi, thank you very much for your comments! We are always happy to hear when our guests have a great stay with us! We will be sure to pass on your comments to Hadar and her team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Hebrew first
Westerham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Amid hundreds of guests the staff took time to notice everyone and were concerned to maintain a high level of service. I will certainly be staying here again.

I stayed here just before Obama visited the country and everywhere was filling up. the staff were all very helpful (as you'd expect) and the rooms well appointed (the lifts are surprisingly swift and smooth). On checking in I was given a non-smoking room which smelt rather unpleasant and I returned to the desk to request another room. Unfortunately, I saw a different person on the desk who offered to have my room cleaned again which, whilst understandable, wasn't my ideal solution. I returned to the lobby a little later just passing through and the lady who had checked me in (and had been nearby when I complained about my room) saw me and asked how was the room. 'Not great' I replied and she instantly upgraded my room and moved me. It's great to feel that people here are willing to put themselves out to make a guest's stay better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi atterbury49, thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. Our staff go out of their way to ensure that our guests enjoy the best possible experience when staying with us. We are happy to hear that everything was sorted out with your room too!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was there on march 2013 for 6 nights. The room was big, cleat to perfection, service was great.
breakfast was very good. Hotel is a walk distance from many nice attractions: "carmel Market" (Shuk Hakarmel), Old Jaffa, and not to forget: By the amazing beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Rachela1313, thank you very much for your comments. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are particularly proud of our location and the many attractions near our hotel and we are glad that you got to make the most of them too.

new york city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I had an underwhelming experience at the David Intercontinental this past week. I am giving it an "average" score because it wasn't terrible, but frankly, for the money (we spent an average of $425/night), it was just adequate. We paid extra for the Club Intercontinental level (room on a higher floor and access to the Club which in our experience at other Intercontinentals has been well worth it), but at this particular hotel, it was disappointing and a total waste of money. For this price point, it was very annoying to find costly wifi ($50 for 5 days), dated rooms, mold in the bathroom, overflowing shower even after the drain was supposedly fixed, an attempt to stick us in a smoking room because the hotel was fully booked, breakfast buffet that was disorganized, poorly served and refreshed, detached staff, tiny gym that consisted of a few treadmills (apparently the real gym and spa were being renovated) . In fairness, I will say that although the location is fantastic, we had a nice view, and the lobby and common areas are nice- it is not by any means a "luxury" experience. To sum it up in a pithy sentence -- great location, nice lobby, shabby rooms, indifferent/rude service, and a very poor value at the price point.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
naamabd, Guest Relations at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear nyc10028,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and enjoyed our fantastic location. In regards to our breakfast, we are very sorry to hear you were disappointed. As you can see from other reviews, our Jaffa Court breakfast is regarded as one of the hotel highlights. We pride ourselves on the large assortment of international cuisine, with local and fresh ingredients.

We are constantly looking for ways to best service our guests' needs, and you will be pleased to hear that we are currently looking into the best Wi-Fi solutions available. Our Wi-fi packages are a new way of lowering the day to day cost of Wifi for our guests and it is offered as a discount for those who wish to choose a package. We also have I-Pads made available for our guests at the Lobby Bar which are free of charge. The computers in both of our lounges are also connected to the internet free of charge.

We are sorry that our temporary gym and room accommodations were not up to your standard. We plan on updating our club rooms this upcoming year and will have our new gym facility open this summer. We hope to host you again soon so you can experience our new renovations first hand!

If you have questions before your next stay, please feel free to contact me directly.

Gilya Bisk
Guest Relations
Tlvha.Gr@ihg.com
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I just came back from Israel and stayed at this hotel for the first time. I hope it won't be the last. The hotel itself is stunning, without being ostentatious. Our room was tastefully appointed with a large balcony and a view of the Mediterranean, terry robes and the whole nine yards. The breakfast buffet, for which Israeli hotels are famous, was over-the-top, even Champagne included. The staff was friendly without being intrusive and the beautiful lobby bar was comfortable and obliging.
What made our stay all the more memorable was a special favour we asked of the concierge. My husband knew he had a great-uncle buried in the Tel Aviv area, but didn't remember just where. After considerable research, the concierge could not find the grave, but consulted the hotel "machgiach"(kosher supervisor) who asked enough questions that they narrowed it down to the most likely place, even finding a photo of the cemetery entrance that looked familiar to us. We were very pleased that with the help of these kind people we were able to find the grave and pay our respects to a very dear departed relative. I cannot imagine anyone anywhere going to so much trouble for our sake and we are forever grateful.
It is quite impressive that such a large hotel could feel so much like a home; it's that personal.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing the sea might have a great view, but our lower floor room made up for it with a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Annettewolfsteinjose, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are also happy to hear that you managed to find the grave of your great-uncle. Our staff make it a priority to ensure that our guests view our hotel as a home away from home!

athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited whilst on a business trip. First impressions were good and thought the room was decent for a 5star hotel.

Location is one of its best assets and the view from my room was great.

Breakfast is ok with a good variety but the service wasn't good enough and went two days without anyone asking me if I want coffee etc.
Again regarding service in the room. I had water on arrival which I used and was never replaced. Also the safe didn't work.

Overall it's a good hotel with good facilities and only lacks in service and would probably go back

Stayed March 2013
Hi Skag181, thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our location and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the view. We take our guests' opinions very seriously and will pass on your comments to the relevant departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.
brackley UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Had the opportunity to visit this hotel on several occasions over the last year. Its in a great location to walk along the seafront and great food nearby. It's can be pricey but the rooms are a very high standard, comfortable beds, clean and good service at front desk. I have an ICH loyalty card so can be biased but I genuinely find it a comfortable hotel to visit. Highly recommended

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hi Triyanya, thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yet another visit to our hotel! We do love our returning guests! We are very proud of our location and are glad to hear that you got to enjoy it.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Been to InterContinental David Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!