My husband and I had an underwhelming experience at the David Intercontinental this past week. I am giving it an "average" score because it wasn't terrible, but frankly, for the money (we spent an average of $425/night), it was just adequate. We paid extra for the Club Intercontinental level (room on a higher floor and access to the Club which in our experience at other Intercontinentals has been well worth it), but at this particular hotel, it was disappointing and a total waste of money. For this price point, it was very annoying to find costly wifi ($50 for 5 days), dated rooms, mold in the bathroom, overflowing shower even after the drain was supposedly fixed, an attempt to stick us in a smoking room because the hotel was fully booked, breakfast buffet that was disorganized, poorly served and refreshed, detached staff, tiny gym that consisted of a few treadmills (apparently the real gym and spa were being renovated) . In fairness, I will say that although the location is fantastic, we had a nice view, and the lobby and common areas are nice- it is not by any means a "luxury" experience. To sum it up in a pithy sentence -- great location, nice lobby, shabby rooms, indifferent/rude service, and a very poor value at the price point.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental David Tel Aviv Hotel Tel Aviv
- Intercontinental David Tel Aviv Hotel
- Intercontinental Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental David Tel Aviv combines the magic of a beachfront promenade within an urban setting of the winding SoHo streets of the city's most stylish neighborhood. Tel Aviv's main business district, Old Jaffa, the Carmel market and Nahalat Binyamin Market are within a short walk, and the Tel Aviv Museum of Art and the Suzanne Dellal Center of Dance are superb cultural experiences that will enhance any stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your InterContinental David Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.