My husband and I just came back from Israel and stayed at this hotel for the first time. I hope it won't be the last. The hotel itself is stunning, without being ostentatious. Our room was tastefully appointed with a large balcony and a view of the Mediterranean, terry robes and the whole nine yards. The breakfast buffet, for which Israeli hotels are famous, was over-the-top, even Champagne included. The staff was friendly without being intrusive and the beautiful lobby bar was comfortable and obliging.
What made our stay all the more memorable was a special favour we asked of the concierge. My husband knew he had a great-uncle buried in the Tel Aviv area, but didn't remember just where. After considerable research, the concierge could not find the grave, but consulted the hotel "machgiach"(kosher supervisor) who asked enough questions that they narrowed it down to the most likely place, even finding a photo of the cemetery entrance that looked familiar to us. We were very pleased that with the help of these kind people we were able to find the grave and pay our respects to a very dear departed relative. I cannot imagine anyone anywhere going to so much trouble for our sake and we are forever grateful.
It is quite impressive that such a large hotel could feel so much like a home; it's that personal.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental David Tel Aviv Hotel Tel Aviv
- Intercontinental David Tel Aviv Hotel
- Intercontinental Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental David Tel Aviv combines the magic of a beachfront promenade within an urban setting of the winding SoHo streets of the city's most stylish neighborhood. Tel Aviv's main business district, Old Jaffa, the Carmel market and Nahalat Binyamin Market are within a short walk, and the Tel Aviv Museum of Art and the Suzanne Dellal Center of Dance are superb cultural experiences that will enhance any stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your InterContinental David Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.