“Great view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Herzlia, Israel
“Great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

we had a lovely stay last weekend, the view over the beach was beautiful and the staff were really friendly, we had a brilliant time and would go back in a flash, Tel Aviv is a great city to explore and the David Intercontinental was ideally situated for us.

Room Tip: The spa and leisure facilities are currently being refurbished, so we missed out on using them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Binam, thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try ensure that our guests see our hotel as a home away from home! We are also very proud of our location and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the magnificent view!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Hebrew first
Jerusalem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

As a journalist I use hotels frequently and invariably find fault with either service or food etc. I had an experience last week I will not forget. I stayed at the David Intercontinental Hotel in Tel Aviv and could not fault it on anything. More than that, I found the service to be superb. The staff seem to enjoy going out of their way to be helpful always accompanied by smiles. Normally I find most hotels impersonal but here I felt totally at home and didnt want to leave.
The final thing that happened that really sealed my comments. After I had checked out I noticed I did not have my mobile phone with me. I called the hotel to see if I had left it in the room. Within ten minutes I had a call saying they found it and it would be at the desk downstairs. When I arrived it was handed to me with a smile and I was asked if there was anything else they could do for me. If there were a six star rating I would award it to this hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a standard room which is very spacious. It has a small living room area with sofa, desk...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Hi Joec768, thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has always been our priority to ensure that our guests enjoy the best possible experience when staying with us. We will be sure to pass on your comments to our wonderful staff!

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

first class hotel with no faults whatsoever, from the moment we checked in to the moment we left the service of all the staff was excellent and the hotel and room were both spotless and very well looked after

Room Tip: Just ask reception and they will be glad to help.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hi cuttingsguy, thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We make it a priority of ours to ensure that our guests enjoy the best possible experience when staying with us.

Cliffside Park, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Despite what the clerk told us upon check in, the hotel, which is plenty pricey to start with, charged for WIFI for each device we used. So on top of a $200+ per night bill, this Platinum Priority Club Member got hit with $150 in WIFI charges over a three night stay. Always in the past in other hotels, including other InterContinentals, the clerk on check out has apologized for the charge and has been able to reverse it. It is appalling that the high ticket hotels seeking to cater to an expensive business trade continue to nickle and dime their customers. There are plenty of other hotels, and next time I will choose a user-friendlier one.
Nice view of bombed out dolphinarium and disco from the room, along with ocean and minaret. Very expensive restaurants served mediocre food.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

i have recently stayed at the hotel and would like to recommend the great breakfast, good location, and level of service and room. the hotel is located just across from the beach and the sea view room allow you to enjoy wonderful sunset

Room Tip: great sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Hi seichen, thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of various amenities on offer when staying at our hotel.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I've stayed in a number of hotels in Tel Aviv, and I think this is the best. Stayed in a club room on a high floor with big windows and a beautiful view. Bed was extremely comfortable as was everything else. The service was really outstanding. I left some things in the safe on my last day before leaving for home. Contacted them by e-mail as soon as I got home & received an immediate response. They had my things & sent them by federal express priority without charge. Only have a couple of minor quibbles -- the old-style wall hair dryers in the bathrooms were terrible. Mentioned it when I checked out & they told me they have had other complaints & will be changing them shortly to new regular-style hair dryers. Also, if you are in Tel Aviv in the summer & want the beach, this is not the place for you as the beach in this area is not very good.
Breakfast buffet was good, but coffee service was not. They need more servers -- you have to wait a lond time for a waiter to come around with coffee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi PAlaw, thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try ensure that our guests enjoy the best possible experience when staying with us. Thank you for your suggestions too. We will bear them in mind for the future!

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Davud Intercontinental Tel Aviv is a great hotel for business trip. Wonderful breakfast, motivated staff that are ready to serve you 24 hours a day. very close to great location called "hatachana" where I had a chance to walk around and have very good dinner

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
naamabd, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hi Alex B, thank you very much for your comments. We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We are very proud of our breakfasts and the great selection available to our guests!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Been to InterContinental David Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!