The hotel is located in the southern part of Tel Aviv near Neve Tzedik and Yafo. It is directly across the street from the beach. The hotel itself is luxurious and modern. It is large, open and contemporary. The rooms are all modern and quiet, and in my two stays at the David, I have had excellent views of the Mediterranean and Tel Aviv. There is free wifi throughout the hotel. There are several restaurants in the hotel, although I did not eat in any of them; they looked nice.
What distinguishes this hotel from others in Tel Aviv is its modern architecture and excellent location. The David sits right on the sea, and it is possible to have business meetings or tour all day, and sit and watch the sunset at the beach in the evening. There is a walking promenade all along the beach area and you can easily find yourself walking quite a distance to Yafo or closer to the center of Tel Aviv. An evening walk along the beach of Tel Aviv was outstanding, and brimming with activity.
The David is also located near the trendy neighborhood of Neve Tzedik. This bohemian, ultra-hip neighborhood is bustling with restaurants, bars and all types of music. Many of the streets are cobblestone, reminding me of Soho or Greenwich Village. It is a small neighborhood, easily tackled in one evening, but represented a distinct change from the rest of Tel Aviv. The restaurants in this neighborhood (not kosher) are excellent.
There is also a nearby produce and goods market that is open most days and about 2 blocks away from the hotel. This is a great market to explore Israeli life, and to pick up some inexpensive t shirts or souvenirs. Central Tel Aviv is also an easy walk away from the hotel. I walked into other neighborhoods and found great shopping and it just seemed like everywhere I turned something was going on. The diversity of these nearby areas within walking distance, makes the Intercontinental a great choice when visiting Tel Aviv.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm Israeli welcome awaits you at your home in the 'SoHo' of Tel Aviv. Ideally located between the city's main cultural centers, Neve Tzedek, the beach, and Old Jaffa, the David InterContinental offers the perfect starting point to exploring the city. Spend the day experiencing Tel Aviv like a local and return to the serenity of the David InterContinental boasting the best of Israeli hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental David Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental David Tel Aviv Hotel Tel Aviv
- Intercontinental Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Intercontinental