“Amazing boutique hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Alushta, Ukraine
“Amazing boutique hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had an awesome stay at the Rothschild hotel last September. Very central location, close to all of the amazing cafes/shops/restaurants. Just a short walk from the beach. Definitely recommend it!!!!! People at reception were super welcoming, friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back next time!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our children chose Rothchild 71 over other possibilities because of the central location, design of the hotel and accommodations and they, and we later, were also very impressed with the open, friendly cooperating staff.
This was their gift to us for our 40th wedding anniversary with the not so hidden agenda that we should fall in love with TA and move there from Jerusalem.
It did capture our hearts!!!
The design of the hotel and the room was cozy and in good taste which made us feel at home at once.
Being sick with Parkinson would have helped me (Jack) to have had handles for support in the bathroom and bedroom.

Room Tip: our room was quiet but faced other buildings.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I are from the U.S. and were married in Tel Aviv in February. We chose this hotel as the "home base". I stayed there on the night before the wedding, prepared there the day of, and my husband and I stayed there together for 2 nights after our wedding. In addition, four American friends of mine booked at this hotel for the days leading up to our wedding through our wedding. I had been in communication with the hotel for SEVERAL months in advance, and they were well aware that we were coming for our wedding. When I emailed them months before my wedding asking where I could get my dress steamed (since I was bringing it from here), they pointed me to google. As a boutique hotel staffed by locals, knowing that I'm coming for my wedding (when everyone should be a little nicer), I would expect better treatment. The hotel itself is lovely, in an old Tel Aviv building that is up to date and stylish. There is no "lobby" per se' but rather a living room type setup with the "receptionist" sitting on a living room chair on a laptop. The receptionists were not consistently friendly. Some were nice, others were totally unfriendly. Usually when you show up at a property as your "wedding" hotel, they do something special for you to welcome you. (Flowers? Strawberries and champagne? Something?) We were offered no room upgrade and were guided to the Executive Suite we had booked, instead of the Residential Suite which I thought was the minimum they could offer us as a nice gesture (and considering we had 4 guests at the hotel because of us). We were offered nothing that we didn't pay for, and on the day of my wedding, we were actually shushed during preparations in the room by a not-so-nice receptionist that came upstairs to criticize. (It was around 1pm on a Sunday. We girls may have been a bit excited, but it was not excessive in the least.) I must say, though, that the room came out beautifully in my bridal prep pictures (it is bright and modern) and I enjoyed my nights' sleep. With so many alternatives in Tel Aviv, I can't say we will return, but if you get a good deal and don't expect perks, you will be pleased.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great location, small no frills lovely boutique hotel. Perfect room, tastefully equipped, everything of very high quality and in perfect upkeep. Very nice balcony overlooking the bustling street. Only complaint - some noise from street traffic and too soft pillows. Still - the small hotel of choice in central Tel Aviv.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip to Tel Aviv. I had a small suite on the 5th floor, complete with espresso maker, frig and table service for 2. Not much of a view, but a wonderful location on Rothschild Blvd. An easy 20-minute walk to the beach and many very good restaurants within a 10 minute walk. A clean room, attentive, helpful and knowledgeable personnel and a laid back atmosphere. WiFi was strong and reliable; my VPN worked without a problem. Some rooms have balconies and I hope to book one next time. A great boutique hotel meriting the positive reviews.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Lovely boutique hotel with contemporary design and comfortable rooms and amenities. Very clean and well-maintained. Complementary coffee drinks, tea and Lambrusco wine available at all hours in the reception/library area. Dovrat checked us in and out, and was incredibly helpful as a concierge during our stay (having flowers delivered for us, dealing with rental car problems, reservations etc.) very personable, and very invested in our happiness as guests. Free Wi-Fi! The location is fantastic, close to everything and pretty much walking distance to the best restaurants and cafés, Neve Zedek, and the beach (15 min). A reserved/ designated parking spot can be arranged for a fee for the underground parking garage across the street - fairly convenient. We will be back!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The entire hotel experience was fantastic. The rooms are very comfortable and beautifully designed. The hotel staff are extremely accommodating, attentive and offer personalized service. The breakfasts on the terrace at Cantina, offer the best of traditional Israeli cuisine presented with a contemporary touch. We enjoyed the cycling around Tel Aviv with the hotels bicycles, and then coming back to the lobby for a cappuccino or a glass of Cava. Overall we appreciated the elegant ,yet low key nature of this boutique gem of a hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Rothschild 71? Share your experiences!