“A good one” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A good one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very romantic restaurant.We have visited it for the dinner and it was fantastic. Real taste of Mediterranean . Fish grilled perfectly , famous artichokes , some traditional starters...all fresh and tasteful.Stuff very polite and serviceable.Wine list could be a little bit better..would not mind tasting some regional wines...Really enjoyed....

• Visited April 2013

87% Recommend
Erie, PA
“Excellent from Start to Finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Highly recommended. Fun, festive atmosphere, fantastic service, excellent food, creative presentation. Flavor, flavor, flavor!

• Visited April 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
“modern cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

excellent food and wine, very creative mediterranean cuisine. The service was superb, highly recommended restaurant.

Visited April 2013
Bertie T, Manager at Bertie, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi,
Glad to see that the big reviewers give us the 5 stars!

The Bertie team
Tel Aviv, Israel
“I wish they could open a place like this in London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went to the restaurant quite a while ago and really enjoyed myself so I decided to try again yesterday with my wife and we took our two fun nieces. What a treat! They had lots of new dishes (new to me..). I must say that I tasted yesterday the two best dishes I had in a very long time - their entrecote (more expensive than my usual meal but I was very happy) and a vegan pasta (especially made for us when one of us asked for something vegan, with a special tomato sauce and a cream of Jerusalem artichoke - that's how the waitress called it).
Thumbs up for this restaurant, I really enjoy their creativity and authenticity - spoke to the chef, really nice guy!
All in all, the four of us really enjoyed the dinner! I would recommend this place to anyone.

I wish the owners could open a similar place in London!!

• Visited May 2013
“Above Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Visiting Tel Aviv with colleagues, we read the reviews and after the previous night's experience at Hatraklin(rated #1) we hoped for a good experience. To be fair, the atmosphere was nice in the outside seating, music volume was good. Hedges could have used some trimming. If you sit next to them be on the lookout for some little friends. But they don't eat much... The service was friendly and the food was pretty good. The bread was fresh and tasty and it came with a sour cream and a very spicy paste/spread and olives. I recommend mixing the the sour cream and the spicy paste together. The fresh fish, both the Alexandria Pompano and the Red Drum, were excellent with the vegetables. The sauce had a sweet taste the complimented the dish well. The Grilled Calamari was good but the sides could have been better. Specifically the humus was mostly whole chick peas but the flavor was good. Possibly just a little expectation management would have fixed that. The eggplant was cold when the dish came out. Preference was to have it warm, but again the taste was good. Dessert was malabi (a vanilla custard) which was excellent. Overall, a good experience and worth the price. Recommended.

Visited April 2013