“Friendly service oriented boutique in the best location in Tel Aviv” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brown TLV Urban Hotel

You added Brown TLV Urban Hotel to your Saves list
Brown TLV Urban Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Kalisher St, Tel Aviv 65165, Israel   |
Ranked #16 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Livingston, New Jersey
“Friendly service oriented boutique in the best location in Tel Aviv”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed 3 nights at Brown TLV, checked out to travel 4 nights and then returned for our final 2 nights. The hotel invited us to store all our bulky luggage with them and had our room waiting for our return with all our stored luggage. Every time we walked in the lobby, we were greeted as returning family. We ate breakfast at each of the 4 Cafes and loved each one. We could order whatever we wanted and were never charged or had to sign for anything. The Brown TLV has unlimited free wifi and is located in the perfect location. We walked everywhere from the hotel: neve Tzedek, Rothschild, Jaffa, beach, Nachalat Benjamin, Carmel market, King George, Shenkin Street, Independence hall. Everything was conveniently located. The concierge made dinner recommendations and reservations. We were a group of up to 4 rooms and needed flexibility as we adjusted our plans. The hotel happily adjusted our reservations and allowed last minute changes to accommodate unexpected changes in our itinerary. On my last day, I bought a large painting at Nachalat Benjamin after being assured by the artist that I could either bring it on the plane or to the post office. When I got back to the hotel, I realized The post office was closed for Shabbat and I could not manage to bring the painting on the plane with me. The manager of the hotel offered to store the art and arrange to have it shipped on the next working day after I left. They saved me lots of worries and made sure our every need was attended to. The free bottle of Israeli wine and chocolates were delicious. I highly recommend the Brown TLV and will not stay anywhere else in Tel Aviv. I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2013
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Btaiavone,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We hope the art work arrived safe. We are always happy to assist our guest and a quick trip to the post office, is really the least we can do to make sure you had a pleasant experience with us and can take home a great reminder of your time in Israel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed our great location and had the opportunity to explore our wonderful city as well as all our handpicked breakfast cafes.

Thank you very much for taking the time of posting your review.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Brown TLV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The rooms may be compact but they lack for nothing. The hotel tries to telegraph a very "hip" vibe, but it actually is a more cosy than cool, thankfully. Location location location. The hotel is within a ten - twenty minute walk of practically everything-=carmel market, neve tzedek, the old train station, the beach, maybe 25 minutes to Jaffa and the new market at Jaffa.

Most hotels in Israel offer a full breakfast included in the room price. The Brown doesn't have its own dining room, so they send guests out to neighboring restaurant / cafes. Some guests may prefer to have breakfast on the premises, but I appreciated the chance to try different local hang-outs, and was never disappointed.

A bottle of very nice red Israeli wine and chocolates were waiting for me on my bed.

Room Tip: I've stayed twice and each time have opted for the cheapest room. They tend to be small, so if y...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Philip r,

Thank you for you kind review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and appreciated our wonderful location in the heart of Tel-Aviv's most picturesque neighborhoods.

Our Classic rooms are indeed urban in size and as you rightly pointed out, we try to make sure that they well-appointed and have everything our guests might need and want.

The Brown TLV is an urban hotel and one of our goals is to assist our guests to experience the city and all it has to offer. For this reason, we collaborate with several handpicked cafes, restaurants and local businesses. Our breakfast is part of this experience and we are glad that you enjoyed it.

We thank you for taking the time to post this review and hope to welcome you back soon.

Guest Relations manager
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a high quality boutique hotel with that little extra. Located amongst all the nice restaurants, bars and cafés and just five minutes from Neve Tzedek. Lovely lobby where you can hang out, work or have a coffee. Newly opened bar with a beautiful backyard. Really nice sun deck on the roof with sun beds/chairs and a bar as well (only open in the summer i think). Nice rooms with comfy beds and a lot of nice details such as a bottle of Cava upon arrival, umbrellas to borrow, dead sea products in bathroom etc. The staff is very nice and helpful in general. The hotel has a nice vibe. The only minus is the thin walls - you can clearly hear when other guests are coming and going, talking and opening doors. But it is a quit and calm hotel in general.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Dannisen,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and felt that we offered an extra value.
We appreciate you noticing the different design and amenities details. We put a lot of thought on trying to offer a beautiful and pampering experience to our guests we are glad that you felt this.

Although the hotel is located between Tel Aviv's most lively neighborhoods, the vibe in the hotel is indeed very cool and relaxed with beautifully designed areas such as our roof top and Garden Lounge, which you kindly mentioned.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

a beautiful boutique hotel in a bustling, up and coming area of Tel-aviv. we stayed 3 nights and loved the decor, the eccentric shop ,the interesting bar, the lobby but most of all the service ! the staff is really getting out of their way to give the guests all they wish for. the only draw-back is the size of the room and the bathroom, they were clean but tiny and are justly called bedrooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear A K,

Thank you for taking the time and posting your lovely review.

We are happy that you enjoyed our style, location and service. We are glad that you had the chance of visiting the pop up shop that we are currently hosting and our newly opened Garden Lounge bar.

Our bedrooms, although beautifully designed are indeed urban in size. We will be happy to reserve for you one of our larger rooms on your next stay with us.

We look forward welcoming you back soon to the Brown TLV.

Guest relations manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm happy to have stayed at Brown TLV -- I enjoyed the experience. However, if I returned to Tel Aviv I might pay a little more to try some of the other boutique properties the city offers.

PROS
- More favorably priced than the other Tel Aviv boutique properties
- The hotel has character: the design is contemporary and quirky without being kitschy
- Complimentary (high quality) chocolates (no wine)
- Nice location. As mentioned by other reviewers, it's close to Neve Tzedek, the hip neighborhood. Additionally, Carmel Market is practically next door and Brown is convenient to the Promenade: Jaffa is a 30-minute pleasant walk along the sea
- Changing my plans in advance of my stay was easy
- Comfortable bed (my nap turned into a coma)

CONS
- Ridiculously small rooms (no space for my suitcase)
- Rigid about not accessing my room until 2:00 (I had to kill five hours in the heat after having flown through the night). If a room's not available early, it's not available early, but I did not detect any sort of empathy or openness to finding a solution from the front desk agent
- Booking through the website didn't work

I liked Brown TLV well enough, but did not fall in love with it. I would recommend it to others, but if money is not an issue I would suggest also checking-out some of the other one-of-a-kind hotels Tel Aviv offers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Esme_Travels,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you dedicated to it.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your entire experience in Tel Aviv was a pleasant one.

We are glad that you appreciated the hotels design and location which indeed is an optimal one. Thank you for mentioning our beds. The sleep and rest of our guests is very important to us.

I am sorry to hear that you felt that our front desk was not empathetic to you upon your arrival. Please note that our check in time is 15:00 and as we are a small hotel we cannot always guarantee an early check in. Should the room be available upon arrival we are always happy to offer it with no early check in charge.

Regarding the size of our bedrooms, I do not know which room you stayed at but we have different room sized which we will gladly reserve for you on future stays.

We thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reservations Managers
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, the location is ideal- the local nightlife is fantastic and the restaurants on Rothchild Blvd are a short walk away. I stayed for a week and was so sad to leave- the staff here are amazing- it's nice to stay at a smaller hotel where the staff know your name and greet you personally everyday- I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tracy L,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and found you can recommend us to others.

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We are glad that they made you feel at home with us.

We are happy that you had the time to explore our wonderful surroundings and we hope you come back soon to keep getting to know Tel Aviv.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights in the hotel and the only comment that might be not so positive is that I heard a lot of noise from people walking around until 4 in the morning, but I guess it's the guests fault not the hotel. Everything else was really good!
The service is probably the best I've had in all hotels I've stayed - in general Israelis were all very nice- and they create a young&cool atmosphere in the hotel.
There is a small shop inside with Israeli designer pieces - I regret not buying some!!
The bar/esplanade has a good vibe, really good music and is the perfect place for a sunset with friends!
The breakfast is great - I went to the vegetarian option and the ladies are super nice - kind of your aunt who in the second day already knows how do you like your tea, coffe, eggs etc

The best in this hotel is really the cool vibe - you feel really welcomed!
If I ever go back to Israel this is where I want to stay!!

Ps: the shampoo and conditioner which are usually a nightmare for women are better than some well known brands - and it smell great!

• Stayed February 2013
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Margarida N,

We would like to thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate very much the time you dedicated to writing it.

We were very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel's atmosphere as well as our bar, vegetarian breakfast option, Dead sea bath products and cool pop up store which we are currently hosting.

We enjoyed hearing that you felt welcomed and also found the hotel great for hosting your friends. We always strive to make our guests and our guest's guest feel at home.

We were sorry to read about the noise you experienced. I hope you informed us at the time as the rest of our guests is very important to us.

We look forward welcoming you back soon at the Brown TLV.

Brown TLV

Been to Brown TLV Urban Hotel? Share your experiences!